• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality observed in Animals: Not so Unnatural After All

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I would say that because the attraction motivation in homosexuality occurs in different animals and isn't a conscious choice but rather some kind inherent predisposition and is therefore natural, that it's not beyond reason that this "homosexual wiring" in the brain could well occur in the human animal as well, just like the other characteristics we share with various animals. (Sorry about the run-on sentence.) So I believe it's a significant factor and deserves serious consideration.
I have to say you make a very good point. When described in the way you did, I could see how it could be part of a logical argument.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I don't disagree. I know that homosexuals are persecuted. However, I see a difference between the persecution they face, and the persecution that blacks faced. My point really is that I just wouldn't call homosexuals the new African Americans in terms of persecution. For me, I see much more similarity in the persecution that Latinos are now facing when compared to the struggle of the African Americans.

actually i would say it the other way around...but of course you know that ;)
the latinos are the new homosexuals...

to persecute is to oppress and to oppress is to keep down by severe and unjust use of force or authority... the authority of social stigma.

i'm cuban/american myself and my parents lived through a bit of that crap in the 50's...

would it be fair to say, the strong work ethic of the latino community has been taken for granted just as the silence of the homosexual community,
in which both cases come out of the necessity for survival?