• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality is not natural and is not normality

Parsimony

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The idea of a carrying capacity for the human species is controversial and indeterminate. As a practical matter, though, there appears to be a population problem even today, given consumption and distribution patterns.
Perhaps the specific numbers are controversial, but the idea of a carrying capacity in itself is not.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The idea of a carrying capacity for the human species is controversial and indeterminate. As a practical matter, though, there appears to be a population problem even today, given consumption and distribution patterns.

The carrying capacity of the earth would be hugely larger if everyone were willing to accept the lifestyle of a 3rd world subsistence farmer. But as long as the people who feel entitled to indoor plumbing and out of season food are willing to go to war to protect their entitlement 7B is too many.

Tom

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
True, but it can never become infinite.

Besides, there are subtler yet perhaps even more significant limitations as well. People are greedy. They keep having ever greater generations while also demanding and expecting ever more of the environment individually.

Far from infinite, Earth's resources seem to be eminently finite, and human society seems to make a point of collapsing its supply networks to "put their mark" and depleting them.

Reactions: gsa

Jumi

All I am saying is everyone knows thru the centuries that making babies is between a man and a woman, nothing more.

That's not correct. Everyone knows that throughout history there have been same sex relationships.

And most people seem to enjoy sex aside from having babies.

Deidre

I think we can settle this argument once and for all by taking a closer look at evolution.

I am a firm and staunch believer that evolution is about the survival of the orgasm and its replication. Therefore, multiple orgasms, however achieved, are what we evolved for. I myself have no problem with this, except that I find my desire these days now that I'm 58 begins to wane after six or seven orgasms a day. I have found, however, that additional orgasms can be accomplished by imagining MysticSang'ha in various yoga positions. So far as I can see, this is perfectly natural. QED: There's nothing wrong with evolutionary theory when it comes to the survival of the orgasm.

You're so awesome. :D

paragon

I hope that the title is not misread. I don't mean that gay people are not normal; I just say that homosexual sex is not natural; of course, love is always natural, whether it is heterosexual or homosexual.

Because, as for sex, in a heterosexual intercourse there is perfection and it deals with something complementary.
So homosexual people (who are born that way) do deserve to fall in love with one another and being in a relationship with one another.
But two gay people are not as lucky as a straight couple. Because there is no complementary sex.
So being born gay is disadvantaged situation, compared to being born straight.
This disadvantage derives from the fact that straight people have a wider range of choice, being the majority. Gay people don't.

Saying that gay people are as lucky as straight people is a very hypocritical and hateful comment.

I'm sure the reason why straight relationships are better is hidden somewhere in there....

morphesium

I hope that the title is not misread. I don't mean that gay people are not normal; I just say that homosexual sex is not natural; of course, love is always natural, whether it is heterosexual or homosexual.
If you look at sexuality in nature, there is all kind of exceptions and weirdness there. i remember watching a few clips on animal sexuality on television - from underage sex, to homosexuality, to sex between different species, these things are all well documented. There is wide occurrence of homosexuality in nature. Personally, i don't see anything wrong in it and i am sure there is place for homosexuals in heaven (if heaven exists). i am sure, even some religions will have gods that are icons for homosexuality:).

Because, as for sex, in a heterosexual intercourse there is perfection and it deals with something complementary.
So homosexual people (who are born that way) do deserve to fall in love with one another and being in a relationship with one another.
But two gay people are not as lucky as a straight couple. Because there is no complementary sex.
So being born gay is disadvantaged situation, compared to being born straight.
This disadvantage derives from the fact that straight people have a wider range of choice, being the majority. Gay people don't.
Saying that gay people are as lucky as straight people is a very hypocritical and hateful comment.
There is a lot of personal preference in sexuality and just like any "personal preference" it too has much to do with mental make up of an individual. there should be extreme homosexuals out there who just can't agree with heterosexuality. these are very personal stuffs, and let them be the way they are and there is nothing immoral in it.
I don't think that there are people who are born to be homosexuals - these are different psychological conditions of personal preferences. if there is huge need for some homosexual to turn heterosexual (or the other way) as in case of marriage etc, then people should get proper psychiatric counselling. If there is no such necessity, let them be the way they prefer.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
We can make sperm out of a woman's bone marrow now.
You mean real viable sperm? I suppose that could only result in female offspring. Interesting. So we could pretty much have a country populated entirely by women -- an island of women perhaps? :)

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
You mean real viable sperm? I suppose that could only result in female offspring. Interesting. So we could pretty much have a country populated entirely by women -- an island of women perhaps? :)
Actually no. It works the same way as "normal" sperm. The offspring has the same chance of becoming male as with a regular pregnancy.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually no. It works the same way as "normal" sperm. The offspring has the same chance of becoming male as with a regular pregnancy.
Also interesting! That is a significant development. I wonder where they get the y chromosome from? That is off topic however.

gnomon

Norman: Hi gnomon, Can you please back up your comment, gnomon said: "Complete garbage" or do you want to keep your
comment as it is mocking hey85 at his or her expense?

My comment is definitely not mocking.

What he said was intellectual garbage.

Are you going to add anything?

Also, in the future, do not post like you are a moderator of these forums when you are not.

Personally I feel you have very little understanding about human sexuality and are attempting to post a bunch of nonsense in this thread relying upon a guaranteed respect about your beliefs.

I will grant no such thing because such a thing deserves no respect.

Now what do you have to say?

Specifically in regards to the OP and the OP's imbecilic commentary about the the natural aspects of homosexuality.

Norman

Defender of Truth
My comment is definitely not mocking.

What he said was intellectual garbage.

Are you going to add anything?

Also, in the future, do not post like you are a moderator of these forums when you are not.

Personally I feel you have very little understanding about human sexuality and are attempting to post a bunch of nonsense in this thread relying upon a guaranteed respect about your beliefs.

I will grant no such thing because such a thing deserves no respect.

Now what do you have to say?

Specifically in regards to the OP and the OP's imbecilic commentary about the the natural aspects of homosexuality.

Norman: Feelings are mutual. I have no interest in your garbage comments.