• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality and religious.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This is the antitheists of faith. Faith involved people deciding some idea is true despite a lack of evidence, and even contrary to evidence. the motive isn't truth.

With logic and reason the person intends to discern truth via evidence, even if the conclusion is that a conclusion can be reached due to a lack of evidence. This doesn't mean people are necesarily skilled, but the intention is there, and the learning curve available to the thinker.

So you didn't spot the contradictions in the text?

F1fan

Veteran Member
So you didn't spot the contradictions in the text?
Your text which is off topic?

Faith is unreliable and appeals to logical fallacies. This is why theists use faith.

Reason is reliable as it follows the rules of logic and evidence. This is why theists avoid reason.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Like those people in some of the other religions that changed their views about homosexuality, they are going to have to go against the "infallibility" of their prophet and their Scriptures.
No, we don't have to change our views just to keep up with what is considered acceptable in modern society.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's true. Gay people aren't, as a rule, infertile. And just because they don't like heterosexual sex doesn't mean they can't do it. I have a friend in New Zealand who had sex with a surrogate(his husband's sister) so he and his husband could adopt a genetically related kid, and avoid the expense of working with a clinic.

Not a big fan of feeling like your kids need to be genetic relations to you but I digress. Even if somehow magically the entire human race became gay tomorrow, the human race wouldn't be then doomed.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Since homosexuality has been demonstrated to occur in multiple species, the prospect is very dubious.
What is natural for animals is not natural for humans since humans are different from animals.
Humans have a spiritual nature and an animal nature and free will to choose between those two natures.
To act like the beasts of the field is unworthy of man's station.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No, we don't have to change our views just to keep up with what is considered acceptable in modern society.

So it is acceptable as per natural as a part of observable nature that homosexual people can have children. You can learn that though basic science and you accept that according to your beliefs, don't you?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
What is natural for animals is not natural for humans since humans are different from animals.
Humans have a spiritual nature and an animal nature and free will to choose between those two natures.

You are conflating the natural world and your opinion.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Beast of the fields are also kind, nurturing, playful, hard workers, resilient and a number of good qualities.

But I agree with the idea that naturalist fallacies aren't helpful, even if I disagree with you on either point that humans aren't animals or that the human animal is exclusively spiritual.

What matters on judging behavior is if and how much harm it's doing, not whether it's natural or unnatural.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Faith involved people deciding some idea is true despite a lack of evidence, and even contrary to evidence.
There is no lack of evidence, only lack of the kind of evidence you require.
Belief is not contrary to the evidence since the evidence indicates that there is a God.