• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

sumaidi

ashabul yamin
what is your opinion about homosex?
do you agree with it or not?
is it prohibited in your religion?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
"Homosex" is fine. Agree with people doing it, but I do not practise it because I am straight.

Prohibited in religion? Not in my beliefs. Even if it was, I don't care. Homosexuality is not something you can choose. Can't choose to be straight or gay. I think God made them that way. Who am I to question God?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
There's nothing to agree or disagree with. It is what it is. People are attracted to the people they are attracted to. Is it a sin (which, being or doing?) and prohibited in my religion, or at least in my beliefs? No, neither one.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Homosexuality is discouraged in my religion for the same reason sex outside of marriage is discouraged. But it is not a terrible sin. There are much worse things. What my religion cautions against is becoming controlled by lust. There is nothing wrong with being in love with someone of the same sex. It is very natural in many species.

Maya3

what is your opinion about homosex?
do you agree with it or not?
is it prohibited in your religion?

About sex? What is so different with it if two people of the same gender does it that you have to have an opinion on it? Sex is sex.

Consenting adults should be able to do what they want.

No it is not prohibited.

Maya

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
My religion is completely silent on the issue. I, personally, see nothing wrong with it.

ArcNinja

I will never understand why some groups consider homosexuality to be a "sin" given that it's natural even for animals, but maybe that's just me. :shrug:

I don't see a problem with it whatsoever. It's completely natural and not harming anyone.

Me Myself

Back to my username
No religious dogma, and the way I see it it is natural.

As others have said, no harm done, so its fine.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

Wasn't these questions asked, debated and answered already in several treads ? What's the use of answering several time, answers have already been provided and opinions given

Aum Namah Shivaya

Levite

Higher and Higher
Judaism is divided over the issue: the Orthodox movement condemns or does not support homosexual intercourse; the other movements support homosexual relationships and see nothing wrong with them.

I personally see nothing wrong with homosexual relationships or intercourse, if one is not heterosexual.

Alceste

Vagabond
Taoism is not organized and has no rules. The gist of it is that we're happiest and healthiest when we live in harmony with nature, and part of that is being at peace with our own nature. If your nature involves homosexuality, you will be happiest and healthiest if you accept it and do what comes naturally. :)

sumaidi

ashabul yamin
my understanding is that god only creates male that only has sex orientation on female, and females on male. just like animal.
i never know before that any male animal having sex with male, female with female.
so i think homosex is not natural, something with it.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
my understanding is that god only creates male that only has sex orientation on female, and females on male. just like animal.
i never know before that any male animal having sex with male, female with female.
Interesting.
Mainly because humans are animals and there are several species of animals that exhibit homosexual preferences.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Homosexuality has been observed in over 400 species of animals. Your science is out of date.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member