• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexual male friends for women?

Riders

When I was 38 I was living in government housing. I met a guy named Raymond at a place I worked for for a month. He was a drug user and homosexual.

But we use to hug each other. He got me high and drunk one night, I ended up at his apartment and slept in the same bed with him.Nothing happened of course.

We use to hug and put our arms around each other and he moved in with me for awhile. I had to kick him out for his drug abuse. But I have to say i was fairly happy with him for awhile, its like I did not need a boyfriend when I was with him.

He took the place of a boyfriend.I am not looking for that now. But I did place an add out for a gay male platonic friend. I am not suppose to be looking to date on line, but I believe sense this would be with a homosexual man its fine, I can handle friendships with homosexual men or women. It does not affect me at all .My sponsor is lesbian and the one i had before her was a Gay man and I never had issues with him.

But anyways just wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on this or criticisms.

Darkforbid

With a few "if's" like if the gay man turns out to be bi, I don't see why not.

Only it ****s up the it's not a choice argument completely. Personally I know a few of the more model type homosexuals. That have worked their way through most of lesbian women in this city!

But be honest you know as well as I do if you had 200 people half homosexual and lesbian the other half straight men women

They'd be more heterosexual sex happening in the gay half

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Only it ****s up the it's not a choice argument completely.
I don’t see how. Sexuality is known to be a sliding scale with the ability to morph slowly over the course of one’s life (naturally, none of this awful “ex gay therapy” business.) I doubt anyone consciously chooses to do this to their own sexual attractions.
There is a hypothesis that humans are, to some extent, inherently bisexual or at the very least bicurious. And pure heterosexuality and pure homosexuality are actually not as common as the populace assumes. But societal pressures cause people to reject, deny or even ignore at least one part of their attractions. Even cause bisexual eraser from both sides of the fence, so to speak.
Bisexuality itself has varying degrees so even then, “choosing” in such a scenario is a bit of a stretch in many cases. Denial of oneself isn’t particularly healthy in any case.

Darkforbid

I don’t see how. Sexuality is known to be a sliding scale with the ability to morph slowly over the course of one’s life (naturally, none of this awful “ex gay therapy” business.) I doubt anyone consciously chooses to do this to their own sexual attractions.
There is a hypothesis that humans are, to some extent, inherently bisexual or at the very least bicurious. And pure heterosexuality and pure homosexuality are actually not as common as the populace assumes. But societal pressures cause people to reject, deny or even ignore at least one part of their attractions. Even cause bisexual eraser from both sides of the fence, so to speak.
Bisexuality itself has varying degrees so even then, “choosing” in such a scenario is a bit of a stretch in many cases. Denial of oneself isn’t particularly healthy in any case.

LGBTTQQIAAP, So how is Questioning not trying thing out to see what they like best?
Also know as choosing!

The community has destroyed the "it's not my choice" argument all on its own

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was 38 I was living in government housing. I met a guy named Raymond at a place I worked for for a month. He was a drug user and homosexual.

But we use to hug each other. He got me high and drunk one night, I ended up at his apartment and slept in the same bed with him.Nothing happened of course.

We use to hug and put our arms around each other and he moved in with me for awhile. I had to kick him out for his drug abuse. But I have to say i was fairly happy with him for awhile, its like I did not need a boyfriend when I was with him.

He took the place of a boyfriend.I am not looking for that now. But I did place an add out for a gay male platonic friend. I am not suppose to be looking to date on line, but I believe sense this would be with a homosexual man its fine, I can handle friendships with homosexual men or women. It does not affect me at all .My sponsor is lesbian and the one i had before her was a Gay man and I never had issues with him.

But anyways just wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on this or criticisms.

I hope one day others will see people as I see them. People...without judgment...judgment based on sexual preference...gender...skin color. Just people. Just me.

Darkforbid

I hope one day others will see people as I see them. People...without judgment...judgment based on sexual preference...gender...skin color. Just people. Just me.

People already do. Take it from someone who lives on one of Europes most ethically and culturally diverse roads

It doesn't take that long in the getting know someone process before you just see a friend

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

:rolleyes: Dealing in absolutes, are we?

Dux4NX8VsAU8n9i.jpg

Darkforbid

:rolleyes: Dealing in absolutes, are we?

Shhh, don't tell anyone!

As you may have noticed. I'm not keen on the whole it's not a choice argument. Don't you find it weak? Like someone's looking to self excuse themselves. I would find someone who said 'Of course I chose Gay' much more convincing. For a start their not looking for outside support.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Shhh, don't tell anyone!

As you may have noticed. I'm not keen on the whole it's not a choice argument. Don't you find it weak? Like someone's looking to self excuse themselves. I would find someone who said 'Of course I chose Gay' much more convincing. For a start their not looking for outside support.

In weighing both sides, I really think like most serious arguments presented, the truth is not on either side, but in between.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
LGBTTQQIAAP, So how is Questioning not trying thing out to see what they like best?
Also know as choosing!

The existence of people unsure of their own sexual orientation does not magically erase pure heterosexuality or pure homosexuality. Bisexuality and it’s various degrees of existence exists alongside the previous mentioned sexual orientations.
I can’t choose my sexual orientation. If you can go either way, then you’re not heterosexual. I doubt you can choose to like both options at the same time, if you are bisexual (Not that there’s anything wrong with that.) Do correct me if I’m wrong.
But speaking for myself I didn’t wake up one morning and decide consciously to find the opposite sex attractive.

Riders

Well I am not looking for a bisexual man, because the hole pint of being in a friendship with a gay man is to avoid sex and romance. If I wanted a bu man Id just get a heterosexual man to have sex with. But I am in a 12 step program to stay away from sex.

I did find someone. Hes a Gay man who has been looking for a lady to be best friends with so. We've been talking, hes strictly platonic with women. Seems to be for real, he has not asked for a picture from me.

I had a bunch of heterosexual men respond to my add pretend to be Homosexual at first then try to get into my pants after they saw my picture so.

I think Im gonna meet my new guy friend Jay next week at a restaurant. I can't wait woohoo! A new man friend!

Darkforbid

Well I am not looking for a bisexual man, because the hole pint of being in a friendship with a gay man is to avoid sex and romance. If I wanted a bu man Id just get a heterosexual man to have sex with. But I am in a 12 step program to stay away from sex.

I did find someone. Hes a Gay man who has been looking for a lady to be best friends with so. We've been talking, hes strictly platonic with women. Seems to be for real, he has not asked for a picture from me.

I had a bunch of heterosexual men respond to my add pretend to be Homosexual at first then try to get into my pants after they saw my picture so.

I think Im gonna meet my new guy friend Jay next week at a restaurant. I can't wait woohoo! A new man friend!

I know. I've ruined a friendship like that. A few drinks and suddenly the friend you've been shearing life's experiences for years around. Becomes the most desirable thing in existence. A one time memory thorn that's everpresent.

Riders

Well i scared that guy odd by talking religion yesterday. he said he hated religion dropped out of church and I proceeded to yak about the Unity church which was stupid. But got anther guy talking to em who is gay. I'm not talking about religion this time.I need to be careful about that.

Riders

Well that one scared me off. So I think im gonna go back to being lonely this isnt gonna work.

Obsydian

Well-Used Member
Well that one scared me off. So I think im gonna go back to being lonely this isnt gonna work.
You give up too easily. There's plenty of gay fish swishing in the sea.

Asexual men should be an option for you as well. Even though more rare, eunuchs too.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I have several homosexual friends. It has never caused me any problems and it seems other than drug abuse it causes you no problem.

Riders

Well I went to a board game night that was for GLBTS.It was also for those who supported GLBTS but mostly men and I can tell they were gay.There is one guy named Gordon who kind of watched out for me and really nice, and we got along well. I hope we can be good friends who knows.