• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homelessness as metaphor

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
The old homes were condemned a long time ago, and every time we start building new ones that are more appropriate for our current living conditions, the old slumlords come by and kick them down, hoping we'll stay in their shantytowns just a little longer.

Dunemeister

doppelgänger;1386806 said:
The old homes were condemned a long time ago, and every time we start building new ones that are more appropriate for our current living conditions, the old slumlords come by and kick them down, hoping we'll stay in their shantytowns just a little longer.

Yeah, it seems like there are developer-city hall cliques that take delight in making sure that homelessness is perennial.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Dunemeister,
It is again a perspective.
If myself am a victim of the home loan scheme, thrown out of my hose and lose my job due to recession well obviously am homeless. This will be a common phenomenon days ahead.
The only WAY out is to be like Jesus. Be happy and feel AT HOME even when homeless as this world itself is the garden of eden and each one has to play out his karma to get salvation.
Love & rgds