• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeless Jesus

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That's right. Somebody called the cops on Jesus.

Homeless.jpg

https://www.npr.org/2014/04/13/302019921/statue-of-a-homeless-jesus-startles-a-wealthy-community

Some neighbors feel that it's an insulting depiction of the son of God, and that what appears to be a hobo curled up on a bench demeans the neighborhood.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It looks kind of like a corpse in a body bag, with no indication of being Christ.

That said, the only problem with it is it takes up room for people to sit.

Having been a homeless guy, i just wish there were Christian charity euthanasia services for some.

Only for those who are ready to jog on that is. :) Some homeless people are very happy though!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
with no indication of being Christ.

That said, the only problem with it is it takes up room for people to sit.

The nail wounds in his feet are visible. The sculpture is on church property.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry, but the way the face is shrouded, if I came across this in the dark, I'd be thinking...

2en698.jpg

PruePhillip

This is just mockery.
Jesus was homeless in the sense He left his job and house behind.
But he was taken in by those who loved Him.
In His last week we can see how each evening he either at the home of Mary and Martha, or with Simon.
Nor was Jesus "poor" in the traditional sense. He was well cared for and wore good quality clothing.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
I just wonder how many tax-payer dollars will be wasted replacing broken night-sticks, expended tasers and bullets. You can't trick the cops into thinking there's a vagrant to abuse without a cost, people. Come on.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is just mockery.
The mockeries are the thousands of years of portraying him as a well off white man and turning the supposed day of his birthday into a massive spending orgy induced by the demands to buy gifts for people. Jesus was poor and lived in poverty. He also wasn't too fond of having more than you need.

PruePhillip

No, I believe Christianity is subjective. Not my rules, just beliefs and philosophy.
Are you talking about 'Christianity' or are you talking about Christ?
If the latter then there's no subjectivity - we are given an objective picture of what
manner of life is pleasing to God through the teachings and example of Jesus.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That's right. Somebody called the cops on Jesus.

Question:-
If you saw a person lying huddled up on a bench, with obvious serious injuries, certainly in need of medical attention, probably either a victim or a perpetrator of recent violence........... and you were at enough distance to think the situation was real...... what would you do?

I'd definitely call the police, because where I live a 999 call gets cross routed to all emergency services, and there's no way that only paramedics should approach a person in this situation alone.

And then some self righteous jerks point fingers at the callers and want to deliver some kind of judgemental message? I'd just tell 'em to *od off!

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Are you talking about 'Christianity' or are you talking about Christ?
If the latter then there's no subjectivity - we are given an objective picture of what
manner of life is pleasing to God through the teachings and example of Jesus.

Applying the teachings of Jesus to your individual life is subjective. No one else has your life. This is the same for many similar ideals. Even with a full conscious intention to act as Jesus would you will still make mistakes, right? This is because it isn't always clear what the best course will be. You have to choose. It's not written in scripture whether to vote this way or that or whether to rehire a troubled employee or any number of other similar choices that one might consider. You take the teachings and you apply them in principle instead. This is necessarily a subjective process.