• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy Trinity explained by logic

questfortruth

The mathematics belongs to material world. Thus, in spiritual sense can hold any formula, including 3=1.
The Love is the spiritual notion, because you are never finding word "Love" in Physics books.
Love is defined as what unites two (or more) persons into one being: He is You, and You is He - "The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. Do not deprive each other..."
1 Corinthians 7:4-5 NIV.

does that not indicate that belief in the Trinity is not a necessary doctrine for faith?
Let us consider following possibility: God has not created the material world, God has not created Universe. Yes, He has created it, but imagine the possible situation, that He has created neither angels nor Universe. If He is not three in one, then He has no-one to talk to, no-one to love. He is sad lonely god in depression then. He is feeling then like we felt in 2020 being quarantined, in self-isolation.

That comes into conflict with Church dogma [in the view of my religion]:
God does not need anything, God is happy all the time. Thus, God must be Holy Trinity [in the view of my religion]. God is not the source of loneliness, no matter how developed and smart you get, you can always find a perfect partner for conversation:

"A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave Me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for My Father is with Me." John 16:32.

The goal "to find mistakes'' could be a bad attitude. The final goal should
be to enjoy reading the publication. If flaws are seen, they must be reported.
However, this report should be given without any laughs and sadistic enjoyment.
Instead, the flaws should be reported with some sadness. Finding mistakes is
not the aim of science, but an unpleasant byproduct. The more you look for
mistakes, the more fake mistakes are found: you only get what you desire to
get. For example, they told Jesus Christ that it is His mistake to believe in
His Divine Father. So, they looked at the perfect Human and found a fake
mistake. A fake mistake is what is seen as a mistake, but is not.

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

The mathematics belongs to material world. Thus, in spiritual sense can hold any formula, including 3=1.
The Love is the spiritual notion, because you are never finding word "Love" in Physics books.
Love is defined as what unites two (or more) persons into one being: He is You, and You is He - "The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. Do not deprive each other..."
1 Corinthians 7:4-5 NIV.

Let us consider following possibility: God has not created the material world, God has not created Universe. Yes, He has created it, but imagine the possible situation, that He has created neither angels nor Universe. If He is not three in one, then He has no-one to talk to, no-one to love. He is sad lonely god in depression then. He is feeling then like we felt in 2020 being quarantined, in self-isolation.

That comes into conflict with Church dogma [in the view of my religion]:
God does not need anything, God is happy all the time. Thus, God must be Holy Trinity [in the view of my religion]. God is not the source of loneliness, no matter how developed and smart you get, you can always find a perfect partner for conversation:

"A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave Me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for My Father is with Me." John 16:32.

I think god needs his son and vise versa

Cherub786

It is logical: Love Unites, Hatered separates.

What does that have to do with mathematics and rationality?

Here's some food for thought: why should hatred always be considered something negative, and why should love always be considered something positive? I believe both love and hate have their place, and humans should cultivate a delicate balance of emotions and feelings in their heart.

The gospel of love, love, love, pink heart shapes everywhere, kumbaya, rainbows and unicorns, makes no sense to me.

questfortruth

What does that have to do with mathematics and rationality?

Here's some food for thought: why should hatred always be considered something negative, and why should love always be considered something positive? I believe both love and hate have their place, and humans should cultivate a delicate balance of emotions and feelings in their heart.

The gospel of love, love, love, pink heart shapes everywhere, kumbaya, rainbows and unicorns, makes no sense to me.
It has to do with logic. There are two realms: material and spiritual. In material sense a married couple are two humans, but in spiritual sense they are united being: “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Hatered comes from satan. The God of Love has rightchess anger.

Cherub786

It has to do with logic. There are two realms: material and spiritual. In material sense a married couple are two humans, but in spiritual sense they are united being: “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

What if a married couple can't stand each other, or have other relationships which are stronger than the marital bond? Are they still a single spiritual being?

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper

Hatred doesn't come from Satan. Satan might shine a light on your hatred, but it's up to you what you do with that. "The devil made me do it" is a poor excuse.

God's anger (or, dare I say, wrath) is only righteous to God. Again, it's up to you whether you agree with that or not. Personally, I don't. I think God needs to take some responsibility for his own mistakes and not blame the beings he created for acting in the way he created them to.

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
The laws of logic is the law of non-contradiction. Is there contradiction in my text?

Yes. Mathematics is, unfortunately, a formal science and tightly wound with logic. The two are not cleanly divorced. For a better look at how this works, here's RationalWiki showing that the Trinity is inherently contradictory with formal logic: Trinity - RationalWiki

The only way that your statement can make sense is if you redefine it as 1n=3n, in which case n would be 0 and God wouldn't exist.

questfortruth

Yes. Mathematics is, unfortunately, a formal science and tightly wound with logic. The two are not cleanly divorced. For a better look at how this works, here's RationalWiki showing that the Trinity is inherently contradictory with formal logic: Trinity - RationalWiki

The only way that your statement can make sense is if you redefine it as 1n=3n, in which case n would be 0 and God wouldn't exist.
I repeat: math holds in material world. In spiritual world can be 3=1.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

A nitpick, for your argument to hold you have to connect logic with existence. Maybe I have overlooked something, but you don't seem to have done that.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Yeah, in the spiritual world God exists equals God doesn't exist. You have hit explosion. If you accept contradictions as you do then God exists and doesn't exist. Or if you like Existence is not Existence.

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper

I repeat: If that's true, then the "spiritual world" does not follow logic because that's ultimately what math is. Thus, if 3 can equal 1 in the "spiritual world" then that violates several core tenets of logic.

These tenets being the Law of Identity and the Law of Noncontradiction. 1 is inherently not 3, so if 1=3, that's a contradiction. That's why it's invalid in math, because it's illogical.

These aren't soft laws that you can bend, either. They're highly formalized ones.