• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy, Holy, Holy

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
could love be a sacred thing?

revelation 4:8

Possibly. People love their family, their children, themselves, and so forth. It doesn't need to be religious in nature. I assume most people have some sort of love for others and/or themselves and place in the world and so forth. Contextually, I'd say most likely. Religiously, it depends on the person.

Happy birthday by the way

Cooky

Veteran Member
could love be a sacred thing?

revelation 4:8

Love seems to bring with it a sense of well-being. To extend it further, to everyone and everything seems to bring about even more contentness with the world... So pure love, in it's fullest, would seem to erase all negative notions, creating total joy.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The highest form of love is the most sacred thing in existence from my perspective.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
then give up all your relationships.

sour grapes

Why does a beautiful thing need to be spoiled by bringing a god or religion into it? I don't know about you but my love is reserved for those deserving, not some anonymous bronze age myth.

But hey, feel free to give your love away to who you want.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Why does a beautiful thing need to be spoiled by bringing a god or religion into it? I don't know about you but my love is reserved for those deserving, not some anonymous bronze age myth.

But hey, feel free to give your love away to who you want.
because it isn't something separate from self. it is something holy, and endearing about self in relationship to other as self.

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

ChristineM

Premium Member
because it isn't something separate from self. it is something holy, and endearing about self in relationship to other as self.

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Your strange opinion has no basis in my reality. It's totally meaningless and a complete waste of love that should be personal to the people you love.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your strange opinion has no basis in my reality. It's totally meaningless and a complete waste of love that should be personal to the people you love.

yet you refer to love as a beautiful thing. what does it matter the language of some 2000 years ago vs today?

ChristineM

Premium Member
yet you refer to love as a beautiful thing. what does it matter the language of some 2000 years ago vs today?

I said... Why does a beautiful thing need to be spoiled by bringing a god or religion into it?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I said... Why does a beautiful thing need to be spoiled by bringing a god or religion into it?
and i ask you why does it matter the language? you spoiled it with your negative bias towards a word vs preference to some other word.

why be dismissive about how our ancestors might have envisioned love as an underlying basic need and holy thing?

you keep seeing it as some dual aspect thing that is separate/split off from the believer. it isn't. it is intrinsic

ChristineM

Premium Member
and i ask you why does it matter the language? you spoiled it with your negative bias towards a word vs preference to some other word.

why be dismissive about how our ancestors might have envisioned love as an underlying basic need and holy thing?

you keep seeing it as some dual aspect thing that is separate/split off from the believer. it isn't. it is intrinsic

You asked a question, i answered it. The language is irrelevant, YOU told me to give up my relationships because i don't agree with sharing love with a bronze age genocidal maniac, child killer and condoner of rape and slavery who i don't believe in. YOU chose to make this personal.

Why force me into your delusion?

WTF are you talking about dual aspect thing. Gods are made up, you are born with no concept of gods, they are taught (indicated) into children. You are correct, is isnt, its bs.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You asked a question, i answered it. The language is irrelevant, YOU told me to give up my relationships because i don't agree with sharing love with a bronze age genocidal maniac, child killer and condoner of rape and slavery who i don't believe in. YOU chose to make this personal.

Why force me into your delusion?

WTF are you talking about dual aspect thing. Gods are made up, you are born with no concept of gods, they are taught (indicated) into children. You are correct, is isnt, its bs.
your loving relationships are no more/less important than a bronze age persons. this is your problem

ChristineM

Premium Member
your loving relationships are no more/less important than a bronze age persons. this is your problem

I don't have a problem, people can believe what they want. It appears to be you with the problem that i don't need a god sitting on my shoulder to love my family and friends.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't have a problem, people can believe what they want. It appears to be you with the problem that i don't need a god sitting on my shoulder to love my family and friends.
yes you do. you have had a problem with your past since leaving christianity.

so you were laughed at by a lot of people lacking empathy. that isn't every unempathetic person and yet now you try to paint everyone with that same sad lack of empathy.

you're no better than they are

Last edited: