• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy arrogance/annoyance in the Bible: life-lessons from Jesus

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The history of our talks:
1. The editor has found a mistake in my proof for Goldbach's strong conjecture, and told me, that he will not read any revision of the manuscript, because: "many idiots are writing to us every day." (This reflects the main point in the original quote.)

Well, that's a pretty clear evaluation. It asn't just one minor mistake, or else that would not be the response from the editor.

2. I have managed to fix the mistake and wrote the revision file.

Unlikely. And did you fix the rest of the paper?

What should I do next? I think, that I should somewhat annoy this editor by sending him the revised file, even when he has said: "no file will be accepted for review, the decision is final."

Which means he will throw your paper away and probably not respond if you try to submit again.

3. The reason for such insistence is the desire to step into Shining World of the top scientific community, the circle of Einstein, Hawking, Michio Kaku.

But in order to do that, you have to be able to produce the ideas at that level. And, I'm sorry to tell you, you are not at the level of Einstein, Hawking, or Kaku. You aren't even at the level of a failing undergraduate.

Bear Wild

Still want to know what you what you mean. Movie of Clint Eastwood and war movie does not explain anything. Our world is the world we know and there is no other. Yes there are things that are bad in this world and there are things that are good. Our perspective it seems is to find and appreciate the good rather recognize there are bad things that happen. We can choose to support all life in this world and celebrate its creative force.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Lady Left Coast, please understand my position here. Facts are:

1. No single logic flaw, rudeness, sin, or a mistake was found in the course of our discussion.
"Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?" John 8:46 NIV.

2. The attack goes against my ability to think, namely without any ground or reason my mental health is put under the doubt and scrutiny.

1. When your mistakes are pointed out, you deny that they *are* mistakes. I am quite convinced that you feel that you are doing things correctly, but in fact, you are not.

2. Nobody is claiming that you are insane or questioning your mental health *except* for the fact that you keep presenting 'papers' that have very basic logical flaws.

I have seen you present 'proofs' of the Riemann conjecture, the Goldbach conjecture, claiming that relativity is false, and a host of other things.

The problem is that ALL of these papers have very basic and obvious logical flaws. That means that any legitimate editor will reject them based on their flaws. And, furthermore, there are no really new ideas that suggest you *might* have an insight into these issues.

And yet you keep presenting these papers. Why?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I am Russian, we are never giving up on trying to break free into the highest level of existence.

Well, then you should go and actually learn some logic and some math. if you keep presenting low quality material, it will continue to be rejected.

Bear Wild

I see your mistake now. We clearly do not live in a fallen world. There is plenty of spirituality and morality in our world which is not degraded. I have been actively restoring my friendship with the world and most life lives in balance with this world.
It is true that humans are on a crash course to extinction but this appears to be the result of misguided morals of religions like Christianity which have done their best to separate humans from the rest of life and have created the disastrous results of today. Now there is hope because there are Christians as well as others in religions who are recognizing this mistake and working to correct the error. All of the people I know in the pagan community are actively working to help correct the mistakes humans have done in an effort to restore balance in our amazing and beautiful world (not this erroneous view of a fallen world).

night912

I am Russian, we are never giving up on trying to break free into the highest level of existence.
You've already given up if you are unwilling to accept the things you did wrong. Trying to break free by doing it the wrong way repeatedly will never break you free. By recognizing and accepting that which is wrong so for you not wanting to do it again, is one step closer to breaking free.

night912

I understand you, but I am not obligated to confess a hypothetical mistake if the mistakes are not found yet: "Do not contradict the truth, and be ashamed of your stupidity" (Sirah 4:29, Synodical Bible).
That is the Presumption of Innocence in the Bible: a mental ability must not be put under public scrutiny because if mistakes or flaws are not proven, they must not be brought to public space: the people have human dignity.

Apparently, you contradicted the truth and is now ashamed of your stupidity.

The guilty is not innocent even if they're in denial. And if the guilty is the who brought it to public place, he/she is to blame, not others.

questfortruth

The guilty is not innocent even if they're in denial.
The one, who must be convinced, that he is wrong, am I. I must be convinced of having mistakes, then I have mistakes. It is my guiding star while my Quest For Truth.

Why do I ask for detailed reports from the referee system?
I must be convinced of having mistakes, then I have mistakes:
I am like living in a ``utopian'' perfect world. This research-principle
is the personal ``guiding star'' while my quest for the objective truth.

Last edited:

joelr

It means it's a common theme in myths:
IDEAS ABOUT THE FALLEN STATE OF THE WORLD IN EGYPTIAN RELIGION: DECLINE OF THE GOLDEN AGE
is all about the fallen state in their religion regarding sins against the Sun-god.
But early Judaism was obsessed with sin as well. Of course it's a great selling point, "your all sinners and we have the solution". "Plus live forever..."

IDEAS ABOUT THE FALLEN STATE OF THE WORLD IN EGYPTIAN RELIGION: DECLINE OF THE GOLDEN AGE on JSTOR

ecco

Veteran Member
I proved everything right, but the editor did not process the wise and nice paper out of own stupidity and bias.

but I think the file will be rejected by all of the important journals (because I am cursed by my father: there was a divorce, and he was angry at mom, and said some unjust words about his son).

You seem to need to blame everyone but yourself.

140898-141725.png