• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy arrogance/annoyance in the Bible: life-lessons from Jesus

questfortruth

ABSTRACT:
1. The editor has found a mistake in my proof for Goldbach's strong conjecture, and told me, that he will not read any revision of the manuscript, because: "many idiots are writing to us every day." (This reflects the main point in the original quote.)
2. I have managed to fix the mistake and wrote the revision file.
What should I do next? I think, that I should somewhat annoy this editor by sending him the revised file, even when he has said: "no file will be accepted for review, the decision is final."
3. The reason for such insistence is the desire to step into Shining World of the top scientific community, the circle of Einstein, Hawking, Michio Kaku.

PROOF OF MY SANITY:

Friends, I am using the sentences, which I write here with inspiration from the discussion, into my papers (I am not using your sentences because it is your intellectual property). Namely, I am planning to publish a philosophical/sociological paper; and the math paper with the proof in the introduction, what I am not a retarded one: I should be trusted.
CV:
School is completed with Gold Medal (1993),
Tartu University (physics) - cum laude (1997),
Authorship in Physical Review E, European Physical J. B.
I am in no way a retarded one, just different.
I am different from a billion people.
Watch "Why people seem Crazy" in YouTube

Left Coast: "You seem to be under the false impression that just because someone tells you you're wrong, or could use more education, means you're "retarded." Being wrong doesn't make you stupid. Being uninformed doesn't make you stupid. This is the kind of basic flaw in comprehension that may explain why your paper was summarily dismissed."

Lady Left Coast, please understand my position here. Facts are:
1. No single logic flaw, rudeness, sin, or a mistake was found in the course of our discussion.
"Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?" John 8:46 NIV.
2. The attack goes against my ability to think, namely without any ground or reason my mental health is put under the doubt and scrutiny.

"How can you tell who's sane and who's insane?" Simpsons, season 3, episode 1, YouTube

Left Coast: "Again, Sir Questfortruth, you can be wrong about something without being stupid. You understand that, right?"

I understand you, but I am not obligated to confess a hypothetical mistake if the mistakes are not found yet: "Do not contradict the truth, and be ashamed of your stupidity" (Sirah 4:29, Synodical Bible). That is the Presumption of Innocence in the Bible: a mental ability must not be put under public scrutiny because if mistakes or flaws are not proven, they must not be brought to public space: the people have human dignity.

"happy people" YouTube

MY PAPER:

Is it possible to achieve anything in our fallen world (and in the scientific community) without a fair amount of arrogance/annoyance? If you are not a celebrity, and not born into a Hawking family, then be very arrogant and even annoying when it is really required.

"Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me." Luke 18:5.

"And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given" Luke 11:7-9.

Suppose, an editor of the top math journal pointed to you (in fact - only me):

"I will not accept your manuscript about the Goldbach hypothesis for review, because it is clearly not correct (in this place ....); and I will not accept any revision of the manuscript, because this is the final decision.
P.S. A lot of idiots write to us every day." (This reflects the main points in the original quote.)

But I advise you to send your revised manuscript again as if nothing had happened. Yes, they will scold and curse, they will ignore. But at least you tried to break into the Shining World of buffet champagne, private helicopters, and elite scientific parties.

Comment: "You are probably an idiot, what millions are hanging around the dirty dark streets and pushing mental garbage and absurdity into magazine entrances; or you have made a childish mistake somewhere in the paper. There can be no other option because the world is not as bad as one might think from your complaints."

And now tell in your own words about an absolutely impossible option: I proved everything right, but the editor did not process the wise and nice paper out of own stupidity and bias. By the way, do not make the sin by blaming the victim: "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." Romans 12:15; "Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job." Job 42:8.

Comment: "then post the file directly here on our forum, we will check out your level of stupidity."

The journal editors are wiser than the current public (by definition of editoring), a journal has received now my file.

Comment: "Which journal? I would like to read it if it's published. Also, what will you do if this journal also rejects your paper? Will you post it here to seek some sort of vindication? Will try again until some "vanity publisher" publish you? Would you reconsider the scientific value of your work?"

A Q1 level one, but I think the file will be rejected by all of the important journals (because I am cursed by my father: there was a divorce, and he was angry at mom, and said some unjust words about his son; yes, Cross of Jesus has destroyed any curse, which I had, but there is a historic fact: once I was cursed.). After the complete rejection by all journals, I would like to post it here. Condition: I must keep the feeling, what the paper is good. That is not guaranteed, because some editor or even myself could find a fatal mistake. I am looking for a mistake every day.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
"I will not accept your manuscript about the Goldbach hypothesis for review, because it is clearly not correct (in this place ....); and I will not accept any revision of the manuscript, because this is the final decision.
P.S. A lot of idiots write to us every day."

Based on the above quote, the author of the journal sounds like a rigorous and reliable person in the way they handle hypotheses about scientific and expert matters. They clearly recognize that random, layperson conjecture is not to be confused with peer-reviewed academic knowledge.

Good for them! That's not arrogance; that's intellectual and educational responsibility.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The editor of the top math journal told you (in fact - only me) clearly and directly:

Given that any legitimate journal would *love* to publish a valid proof of this, the fact that your paper is summarily dismissed means, no surprise, that what you wrote is worthless.

I would suggest taking some time to learn some actual mathematics and how actual logical reasoning works.

And don't submit any more papers until you understand why this was was rejected like this.

But I advise you to send your revised manuscript again as if nothing had happened. Yes, they will scold and curse, they will ignore. But at least you tried to break into the Shining World of buffet champagne, private helicopters, and elite scientific parties.

Wow, you have quite a distorted view of what academia is like. Those 'elite' parties are more likely to involve a bathtub full of beer cans.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Is it possible to achieve anything in our fallen world (and in the scientific community) without a fair amount of arrogance/annoyance?

Yes and I see evidence of it every day in the actions of many different people in different places.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Given that any legitimate journal would *love* to publish a valid proof of this, the fact that your paper is summarily dismissed means, no surprise, that what you wrote is worthless.

I would suggest taking some time to learn some actual mathematics and how actual logical reasoning works.

And don't submit any more papers until you understand why this was was rejected like this.

Wow, you have quite a distorted view of what academia is like. Those 'elite' parties are more likely to involve a bathtub full of beer cans.

ELITIST!! I know you're having caviar dinners nightly from your mansion in Beverly Hills.

QuestioningMind

Is it possible to achieve anything in our fallen world (and in the scientific community) without a fair amount of arrogance/annoyance? If you are not a celebrity, and not born into a Hawking family, then be very arrogant and even annoying when it is really required.

"Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me." Luke 18:5.

"And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given" Luke 11:7-9.

The editor of the top math journal told you (in fact - only me) clearly and directly:

It must really bug you that these people diligently adhere to the scientific method, when it's a method that you have so much disdain for.

Bear Wild

What do you mean "in our fallen world"? Please explain this reference.

questfortruth

What do you mean "in our fallen world"? Please explain this reference.
Based on the above quote, the author of the journal sounds like a rigorous and reliable person in the way they handle hypotheses about scientific and expert matters. They clearly recognize that random, layperson conjecture is not to be confused with peer-reviewed academic knowledge.

Good for them! That's not arrogance; that's intellectual and educational responsibility.

Yes and I see evidence of it every day in the actions of many different people in different places.

ELITIST!! I know you're having caviar dinners nightly from your mansion in Beverly Hills.

Yes, a very genius person can show they are correct in spite of incredulity. Evidently, that doesn't seem to be your case in that particular situation.

It must really bug you that these people diligently adhere to the scientific method, when it's a method that you have so much disdain for.

Comment: "You are probably an idiot, what millions are hanging around the dirty dark streets and pushing mental garbage and absurdity into magazine entrances; or you have made a childish mistake somewhere in the paper. There can be no other option because the world is not as bad as one might think from your complaints."

And now tell in your own words about an absolutely impossible option: I proved everything right, but the editor did not process the wise and nice paper out of own stupidity and bias. By the way, do not make the sin by blaming the victim: "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." Romans 12:15; "Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job." Job 42:8.

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

And now tell in your own words about an absolutely impossible option: I proved everything right, but the editor did not process the wise and nice paper out of own stupidity and bias.

I of course have not read your 'wise and nice paper'. However, if it was anything like the mental garbage and absurdity that I often see reflected in your contentions about the scientific method on this site, then I would conclude that this editor was attempting to be as kind as possible, given the circumstances.

questfortruth

I of course have not read your 'wise and nice paper'. However, if it was anything like the mental garbage and absurdity that I often see reflected in your contentions about the scientific method on this site, then I would conclude that this editor was attempting to be as kind as possible, given the circumstances.
And now tell in your own words about an absolutely impossible option: I proved everything right, but the editor did not process the wise and nice paper out of own stupidity and bias.

questfortruth

Last edited:

epronovost

Then post a link to your paper and let's see if it's as good as you think it is.

questfortruth

Then post a link to your paper and let's see if it's as good as you think it is.

Comment: "then post the file directly here on our forum, we will check out your level of stupidity."

The journal editors are wiser than the current public (by definition of editoring), a journal has received now my file.

epronovost

Which journal? I would like to read it if it's published.

Also, what will you do if this journal also reject your paper? Will you post it here to seek some sort of vindication? Will try again until some "vanity publisher" publish you? Would you reconsider the scientific value of your work?

questfortruth

Which journal? I would like to read it if it's published.

Also, what will you do if this journal also reject your paper? Will you post it here to seek some sort of vindication? Will try again until some "vanity publisher" publish you? Would you reconsider the scientific value of your work?
A Q1 level one, but I think the file will be rejected by all of the important journals (because I am cursed by my father: there was a divorce, and he was angry at mom, and said some unjust words about his son). After the complete rejection by all journals, I would like to post it here. Condition: I must keep the feeling, what the paper is good. That is not guaranteed, because some editor or even myself could find a fatal mistake. I am looking for a mistake every day.

yes, Cross of Jesus has destroyed any curse, which I had, but there is a historic fact: once I was cursed.

Last edited: