• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hologram

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What cardinality of infinite are you addressing here?

Ciao

- viole

the whole or absolute universe, not excluding any cardinalities. that would create a subset of the whole.

i didn't indicate a plurality. a plurality would be an image of the Absolute, wouldn't it?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
One can't. It takes an infinite number.

thats why an image isn't reflective of the group as a whole?

imo this is a problem that some abrahamic theists have with the image vs the idea of a whole.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
the whole or absolute universe, not excluding any cardinalities. that would create a subset of the whole.

i didn't indicate a plurality. a plurality would be an image of the Absolute, wouldn't it?

The one-to-one image of any proper class is another proper class. So, if your image of the absolute is perfect, then the image itself must be larger than any set.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

The Absolute? Absolute what? You mean the Swedish Vodka? :)

I am sorry, but that sounds like a list of ungraspable deepities.

Ciao

- viole

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The Absolute? Absolute what? You mean the Swedish Vodka? :)

I am sorry, but that sounds like a list of ungraspable deepities.

Ciao

- viole
you don't suppose that there is a material whole that some call uni-verse?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The one-to-one image of any proper class is another proper class. So, if your image of the absolute is perfect, then the image itself must be larger than any set.

an image can't be perfect; if the absolute is dynamic. images are snapshots in space/time. space/time is not stagnate either.

wouldn't it follow heisenberg's uncertainty principle?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes. Is that the absolute? And more importantly, do you think it is finite?

Ciao

- viole

no, i believe it's dynamic. so how could an image ever possibly represent the whole.

does a picture capture your essence? your potential? your emotional and pschological self?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
no, i believe it's dynamic. so now cold an image ever possibly represent the whole.

does a picture capture your essence? your potential? your emotional and pschological self?

The universe is dynamic? How does that work?

Does spacetime change?

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
relative to what?

dark energy isn't relative to light energy.

Forget dark energy, light energy or any kind of energy. They are part of whole, they are not the whole, in the same way a box of red balls is not necessarily red.

Being cyclic means repeating its state over and over again.

Now, what is the context that can serve as a reference frame that can measure changes of state of specetime?

Ciao

- viole

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Forget dark energy, light energy or any kind of energy. They are part of whole, they are not the whole, in the same way a box of red balls is not necessarily red.

Being cyclic means repeating its state over and over again.

Now, what is the context that can serve as a reference frame that can measure changes of state of specetime?

Ciao

- viole

imo there isn't and give a perfect image. the whole would transcend such a thing as space/time. these would be aspects of the whole too.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
imo there isn't and give a perfect image. the whole would transcend such a thing as space/time. these would be aspects of the whole too.

Do you have evidence of that transcending "whole"?

Ciao

- viole

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Given the attribution of "perfect" is a rather subjective affair, it seems the answer is "yes" or "no" depending on how one regards perfection.