• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History of the Jews in Egypt

Bthoth

*banned*
@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @sooda

Israelites means wrestle with God, so when did people wrestle with God?
When the schism from multiple gods of egyptian culture to monotheism.
When did people change from being Egyptians to Israelites wrestling with God?
Multiple gods to monotheism makes the best sense, especially from egyptian culture. The ongoing arguments of which to worship etc....

Oh I looked up Donald B. Redford and I notice word Shasu. Who are the Shasu group?
Donald B. Redford
Canadian egyptologist and archaeologist

Page 7 https://jewishstudies.rutgers.edu/docman/rendsburg/890-redford-review-essay/file

Redford’s main point in this discussion: The Israelites are Shasu whosettled down. Redford summarizes the references to the Shasu in Egyptian texts from the New Kingdom, and concludes that they were seasonal nomads whose homeland was in Moab and Edom.
Interesting. Remember the term nomad in semitic language is 'arab'. I have often assimilated the diaspora wanderers to becoming the arabs (nomadic tribes without a resident homeland)
The Shasu were Semitic-speaking pastoral nomads in the Southern Levant from the late Bronze Age to the Early Iron Age or the Third Intermediate Period of

Are Shasu also the Yadavas or not?

Who are the Shasu?

What is the meaning of Shasu?
No idea but the nomads of the desert (arab).
Shasu - Wikipedia

Etymology. The name's etymon may be Egyptian šꜣsw, which originally meant "those who move on foot". Levy, Adams, and Muniz report similar possibilities: an Egyptian word that means "to wander", and an alternative Semitic one with the meaning "to plunder".

What, that guy is tied up, how come, is he wrestling, but he's tied up

What is that that I found?
The nomads of Arabia have been spreading through the desert fringes of the Fertile Crescent since at least 3000 BCE, but the first known reference to the Arabs as a distinct group is from an Assyrian scribe recording a battle in 853 BCE.[141][142] The history of the Arabs during the pre-Islamic period in various regions, including Arabia, Levant, Mesopotamia, and Egypt.

"In Arabic, 'arab means "inhabitant of the desert." Definitions of Arab. a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa. synonyms: Arabian"

River Sea

@Bthoth
Multiple gods to monotheism makes the best sense, especially from egyptian culture. The ongoing arguments of which to worship etc....

Psychoanalyzing this

I personally think people can go to whomever to help them connect to the inner 'I' we all carry.

Maybe people worship themselves, and that makes more sense than worshiping in order to worship, which actually is worshiping themselves, I would think. I mean, how does worshiping outwardly? Because worshiping actually finding one's own identity?

To each person who goes to multiple gods or to monotheism god in order to worship, is actually finding self? However, I notice that even with scientists physics, I find myself in the same situation due to math, and they're atheists. How come I find myself in the same situation?

Do scientists physics use math as their god or gods?

All these gods were people in the past who just looked up to them and saw themselves in them.

I'm psychoanalyzing

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
When the schism from multiple gods of egyptian culture to monotheism.

Interesting. Remember the term nomad in semitic language is 'arab'. I have often assimilated the diaspora wanderers to becoming the arabs (nomadic tribes without a resident homeland)

No idea but the nomads of the desert (arab).

The nomads of Arabia have been spreading through the desert fringes of the Fertile Crescent since at least 3000 BCE, but the first known reference to the Arabs as a distinct group is from an Assyrian scribe recording a battle in 853 BCE.[141][142] The history of the Arabs during the pre-Islamic period in various regions, including Arabia, Levant, Mesopotamia, and Egypt.

"In Arabic, 'arab means "inhabitant of the desert." Definitions of Arab. a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa. synonyms: Arabian"
"In Arabic, ' arab means "inhabitant of the desert."
Kindly quote from some good Arabic lexicon for the above meaning to support one's assertion, please, right?

Regards

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Anybody, please.
Right?

Regards
He copied and pasted it from Vocabulary.com
"In Arabic, 'arab means "inhabitant of the desert." Definitions of Arab. a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa. synonyms: Arabian."

Bthoth

*banned*

The Israelites had their history in Egypt but not sure that the Jews had any history in Egypt, please, right?

Regards
Israel did not exist back in the times of moses (the claimed period of jews as slaves of egypt). The label of israel is based on a story that a man crossed a river got into a fight with a man and then was called 'israel'. That story line is not real world history. What is clear is the levant, the so called 'promised land' was clearly the egyptian New Kingdom and evidenced on 100's of tablets (Amarna tablets).

The term Jew did not even exist back then, nor was there an israel as a people recorded in any literature but torah/bible.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

The term Jew did not even exist back then
Since they (the Jews) changed their name from an Israelite to Jew themselves for temporal reasons, so they have got nothing to do with G-d's spiritual Covenants with Abraham, Moses and or David, please, right??

Regards

Bthoth

*banned*

Since they (the Jews) changed their name from an Israelite to Jew themselves for temporal reasons,
Sitation please. Please show a reference for that claim.
so they have got nothing to do with G-d's spiritual Covenants with Abraham, Moses and or David, please, right??

Regards
Abraham does not have a historical reference anywhere but torah. It's as crazy as quoting adam and eve: impossible!

I am always looking for reference in archaeology, documentation because torah/bible are not good for historical foundation.

For example: the commandments existed in egypt before Moses was even born.

""Long before the so called ten commandments the Ancient Egyptian Developed the highest and most sophisticated cosmic law till our modern times, the Egyptian commandments included Rape and Forced Sex and harming Beasts and animals and much more.""

Just like circumcision was of the egyptian culture before torah, moses or the story of abraham even existed.

International Journal of Urologic History
https://ijuh.org › pdf › Lutnick_Circumcision

PDF

by E Lutnick — Circumcision is first noted in Egyptian temple hieroglyphics dated to 4000 BCE, depicting young men restrained with a priest performing the cut ...

The torah 600BC...........

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Since they (the Jews) changed their name from an Israelite to Jew themselves for temporal reasons, so they have got nothing to do with G-d's spiritual Covenants with Abraham, Moses and or David, please, right??

"The original name for the people we now call Jews was Hebrews. The word "Hebrew" (in Hebrew, "Ivri") is first used in the Torah to describe Abraham (Gen. 14:13). The word is apparently derived from the name Eber, one of Abraham's ancestors. Another tradition teaches that the word comes from the word "eyver," which means "the other side," referring to the fact that Abraham came from the other side of the Euphrates, or referring to the fact Abraham was separated from the other nations morally and spiritually.​
Another name used for the people is Children of Israel or Israelites, which refers to the fact that the people are descendants of Jacob, who was also called Israel."
Who is a Jew?
So, there were neither Jews in Egypt nor they could make any history there, please, right?

Regards

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

"The original name for the people we now call Jews was Hebrews. The word "Hebrew" (in Hebrew, "Ivri") is first used in the Torah to describe Abraham (Gen. 14:13). The word is apparently derived from the name Eber, one of Abraham's ancestors. Another tradition teaches that the word comes from the word "eyver," which means "the other side," referring to the fact that Abraham came from the other side of the Euphrates, or referring to the fact Abraham was separated from the other nations morally and spiritually.​
Another name used for the people is Children of Israel or Israelites, which refers to the fact that the people are descendants of Jacob, who was also called Israel."
Who is a Jew?
So, there were neither Jews in Egypt nor they could make any history there, please, right?

Regards
You are correct. Hebrew=Israelite=Jew

Which means that the Hebrews/Israelites/Jews were slaves in Egypt, and God delivered us with a mighty hand.

Bthoth

*banned*

Is that your temporal evidence? Using bible?

Traditions will come from religious folk, not scholars with evidence.

Other names does not enable answers. Anyone can create a name, a reason or even a temporal claim.
That's 100% biblical story telling.........
Who is a Jew?

The very book that you used, claims they were in egypt.

But they do not mention that the promised land during the life time of moses, was egypts New Kingdom because an exodus from egypt to egyptian held lands would be a joke all by itself, right?