• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History of the Jews in Egypt

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I went to high churches in Charleston.. which has an old Sephardic community that has been there for 300 years.
Ah, the Sephardim. :) Good tradition. I'm not personally Sephardic, but I so appreciate the fact that they allow women to sing in front of men!!! Some of my Jewish women friends and I are thinking of learning a song called, "Adeo, Kerida," a Sephardic love song.

The Anointed

They are ALL Jewish scholars and Jewish archaeologist attached to universities in Israel.. Have you been living under a rock for 80 years?

Let me once again repeat---------Still waiting for an answer the question put to you, which was; "And how long do your chosen scholars, (And I don't give a royal rats who they are) from whose erroneous work you are continually copying and pasting, believe that the Israelites are said to have been in Egypt?"

sooda

Veteran Member
Let me once again repeat---------Still waiting for an answer the question put to you, which was; "And how long do your chosen scholars, (And I don't give a royal rats who they are) from whose erroneous work you are continually copying and pasting, believe that the Israelites are said to have been in Egypt?"

Listing them would be meaningless to you. You'd have to study the variations on the Documentary Hypothesis.

The Anointed

Listing them would be meaningless to you. You'd have to study the variations on the Documentary Hypothesis.

O, I'm sure that you, who CLAIM to have read the bible seven times, would know how long it is said that the Israelites were in Egypt. But then, knowing your inability to comprehend anything that you read, I would very much doubt that you would know.

sooda

Veteran Member
O, I'm sure that you, who CLAIM to have read the bible seven times, would know how long it is said that the Israelites were in Egypt. But then, knowing your inability to comprehend anything that you read, I would very much doubt that you would know.

You are 40 years out of date.

"Scholars have known these things for a long time, but we've broken the news very gently," said William Dever, a professor of Near Eastern archeology and anthropology at the University of Arizona and one of America's preeminent archeologists. Dever's view is emblematic of a fundamental shift in archeology. Three decades ago as a Christian seminary student, he wrote a paper defending the Exodus and got an A, but "no one would do that today," he says.

The old emphasis on trying to prove the Bible--often in excavations by amateur archeologists funded by religious groups--has given way to more objective professionals aiming to piece together the reality of ancient lifestyles. But the modern archeological consensus over the Exodus is just beginning to reach the public. In 1999, an Israeli archeologist, Ze'ev Herzog of Tel Aviv University, set off a furor in Israel by writing in a popular magazine that stories of the patriarchs were myths and that neither the Exodus nor Joshua's conquests ever occurred. In the hottest controversy today, Herzog also argued that the united monarchy of David and Solomon, described as grand and glorious in the Bible, was at best a small tribal kingdom.

In a new book this year, "The Bible Unearthed," Israeli archeologist Israel Finklestein of Tel Aviv University and archeological journalist Neil Asher Silberman raised similar doubts and offered a new theory about the roots of the Exodus story. The authors argue that the story was written during the time of King Josia of Judah in the 7th century BC--600 years after the Exodus supposedly occurred in 1250 BC--as a political manifesto to unite Israelites against the rival Egyptian empire as both states sought to expand their territory. Dever argued that the Exodus story was produced for theological reasons: to give an origin and history to a people and distinguish them from others by claiming a divine destiny.

RaceandHistory.com - Doubting the Story of Exodus

The Anointed

You are 40 years out of date.

"Scholars have known these things for a long time, but we've broken the news very gently," said William Dever, a professor of Near Eastern archeology and anthropology at the University of Arizona and one of America's preeminent archeologists. Dever's view is emblematic of a fundamental shift in archeology. Three decades ago as a Christian seminary student, he wrote a paper defending the Exodus and got an A, but "no one would do that today," he says.

The old emphasis on trying to prove the Bible--often in excavations by amateur archeologists funded by religious groups--has given way to more objective professionals aiming to piece together the reality of ancient lifestyles. But the modern archeological consensus over the Exodus is just beginning to reach the public. In 1999, an Israeli archeologist, Ze'ev Herzog of Tel Aviv University, set off a furor in Israel by writing in a popular magazine that stories of the patriarchs were myths and that neither the Exodus nor Joshua's conquests ever occurred. In the hottest controversy today, Herzog also argued that the united monarchy of David and Solomon, described as grand and glorious in the Bible, was at best a small tribal kingdom.

In a new book this year, "The Bible Unearthed," Israeli archeologist Israel Finklestein of Tel Aviv University and archeological journalist Neil Asher Silberman raised similar doubts and offered a new theory about the roots of the Exodus story. The authors argue that the story was written during the time of King Josia of Judah in the 7th century BC--600 years after the Exodus supposedly occurred in 1250 BC--as a political manifesto to unite Israelites against the rival Egyptian empire as both states sought to expand their territory. Dever argued that the Exodus story was produced for theological reasons: to give an origin and history to a people and distinguish them from others by claiming a divine destiny.

RaceandHistory.com - Doubting the Story of Exodus

And not one of your erroneous scholars have said how long the Jews believe that the Israelites were in Egypt. Perhaps that's why you can't answer the question, because they wont tell you, and you, being unable to comprehend what you had read after supposedly reading the bible seven times, have not got a clue as to how long the Jews claim that the Israelites were in Egypt.

sooda

Veteran Member
And not one of your erroneous scholars have said how long the Jews believe that the Israelites were in Egypt. Perhaps that's why you can't answer the question, because they wont tell you, and you, being unable to comprehend what you had read after supposedly reading the bible seven times, have not got a clue as to how long the Jews claim that the Israelites were in Egypt.

Exodus is a myth.. why would you insist on demanding to know how long the Jews were in Egypt? There is NO evidence that they were in Egypt.. and Egypt did control Canaan.

Were the Jews Slaves in Egypt? | ReformJudaism.org
reformjudaism.org › Jewish HolidaysPassover
The group that became first-millennium Israel had indeed been subjugated by the pharaohs, but in their native land, not in Egypt. We can glean some of the truth from a report (called El Amarna letter 365) written by Biridiya, ruler of the large Canaanite city of Megiddo, to the king of Egypt.

sooda

Veteran Member
@The Anointed

The Jews Were Never Slaves in Egypt – Religious Criticism

The Best Argument For Atheism? – Religious Criticismjews-were-never...
The Jews Were Never Slaves in Egypt. It turns out that there is no archaeological evidence of any kind relating to a separate settlement of religious people in Egypt during that time. There is also no evidence of any kind relating to a mass migration across the Sinai Peninsula. If things did indeed happen as it says in the Bible (and the Torah),...

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
@ the Anointed

Testimony of the world’s top Egyptologists, from James Henry Breasted to Donald Redford to Israel Finkelstein. Even some Israeli experts agree, including the head of archeology at Tel Aviv University. Prof. Ze’ev Herzog, in a 1999 article in Ha’aretz, said:

“The Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel.”

Last edited:

The Anointed

Testimony of the world’s top Egyptologists, from James Henry Breasted to Donald Redford to Israel Finkelstein. Even some Israeli experts agree, including the head of archeology at Tel Aviv University. Prof. Ze’ev Herzog, in a 1999 article in Ha’aretz, said:

“The Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel.”

So even with the help of your few erroneous scholars, you still cannot answer the question as to how long the Jews believe that the Israelites were in Egypt.

Perhaps it is your inability to comprehend anything that you read, which has blinded you to the question. It is irrelevant as to whether you or your erroneous scholars believe that the Israelites were in Egypt of Not. The Greater majority of Jews [Apart from a few that you mention , who have abandoned the belief of their country men] believe that The Israelites were in Egypt for a period of time. And the question to you, was, how long did they [The Jews] believe that the Israelites were in Egypt?

I would advise you to get one of your grand-children to repeatedly read the question to you, until it sinks into that head of yours, before you respond. "HOW LONG DID THE JEWS BELIEVE THAT THE ISRAELITES WERE IN EGYPT."

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
@sooda

Today you uploaded a half dozen posts on this thread that had no indication of who or what you were replying to. Some of them obviously were to the forum in general. But others were obviously replies. There is no way we can no who you are speaking to or what they said that you are responding to if you do not quote or at least address someone with an @ as I did above for you.

Your friend.

sooda

Veteran Member
@sooda

Today you uploaded a half dozen posts on this thread that had no indication of who or what you were replying to. Some of them obviously were to the forum in general. But others were obviously replies. There is no way we can no who you are speaking to or what they said that you are responding to if you do not quote or at least address someone with an @ as I did above for you.

Your friend.

They were for the Anointed. I was reluctant to quote him each time. I didn't know about the @function ...will use that in future.

The Anointed

@sooda

Your friend.

Yes your female friend, was obviously responding to one of my posts, but she still hasn't got a clue as to how long the Jews believed the Israelites were supposed to have been in Egypt. Perhaps, being such a close friend and kindred spirit, you might be able to help the poor girl.

sooda

Veteran Member
@ the Anointed

The Hyksos were from Western Asia, probably Hurrians or a mixed group that included Hittites.

Yamhad_and_Vassals.png

The Anointed

@ the Anointed

The Hyksos were from Western Asia, probably Hurrians or a mixed group that included Hittites.

Yamhad_and_Vassals.png

The Hyksos, were Israelites as identified by Josephus the Historian, and they lived in Egypt for a period of time, of which you are totally ignorant, otherwise you would have answered the question put to you, which was; "How long do the Jews believe that the Israelites were in Egypt."

River Sea

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @sooda

Israelites means wrestle with God, so when did people wrestle with God? Was this in Israel, that's of the land of KMT Egypt that increased covering more land? When did people change from being Egyptians to Israelites wrestling with God? Is that the right side of masculine energy EL to wrestle with God? When will they return to Egypt? Their left side RA femininize energy and heal., because how much power damage is happening when wrestling with God?

Oh I looked up Donald B. Redford and I notice word Shasu. Who are the Shasu group?
Donald B. Redford
Canadian egyptologist and archaeologist

Page 7 https://jewishstudies.rutgers.edu/docman/rendsburg/890-redford-review-essay/file

Redford’s main point in this discussion: The Israelites are Shasu whosettled down. Redford summarizes the references to the Shasu in Egyptian texts from the New Kingdom, and concludes that they were seasonal nomads whose homeland was in Moab and Edom.

New Kingdom EL? Shasu what is that word? Does that mean wrestle with God as well or?

Page 5
Judges 8:14. As background, I need to point out that according to Redford, the origin of the Israelites is to be found in the Shasu group

Shasu

Wikipedia
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki › Shasu
The Shasu were Semitic-speaking pastoral nomads in the Southern Levant from the late Bronze Age to the Early Iron Age or the Third Intermediate Period of

Are Shasu also the Yadavas or not?

Who are the Shasu?

What is the meaning of Shasu?

Shasu - Wikipedia

Etymology. The name's etymon may be Egyptian šꜣsw, which originally meant "those who move on foot". Levy, Adams, and Muniz report similar possibilities: an Egyptian word that means "to wander", and an alternative Semitic one with the meaning "to plunder".

What, that guy is tied up, how come, is he wrestling, but he's tied up

What is that that I found?

Last edited:

River Sea

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Bthoth @sooda

Joseph bought the land for Pharaoh and ordinary Egyptians worked to produce food. Where do you get the slave bit?
How did Joseph buy land for which Pharaoh, when Joseph's bones were carried to the New Kingdom? Yes, good question. When were they slaves, when can trade be done with slaves? They even had gold to mold a golden calf; they were even bringing with them cattle because they were familiar with being cow-herders. They even used cow dung as well. Cows were extremely useful and important; this shows that the Yadavas that Joseph was a Yadavas as well weren't slaves; they were traders; even they traded cow dung too. So I ask: to whom traded with them, and of what villages were they and when?

Did Egyptians (KMT) live in Indus Valley and brought with them this tribal name of black soil and yet where was Joseph's bones in what well or Cistern? Or did Yadavas exodus (exit) from Indus Valley and became a new name Egyptians KMT black soil - that then later increased their land to wrestle with God (EL) because not knowing how with (RA) to heal? What happened that (EL) they continue to wrestle with to this day? Where's (RA) for their healing I ask?

What were the wells in Israel in which he was thrown? Any archaeological evidence?
Well or Cisterns were Joseph's bones at, and why?

The name Elephantine is Greek meaning 'elephant' and this expresses the city's function as a gate to the South, since elephants were brought from the south towards Nubia. Another name for the city by ancient Egyptians is 'Yebo', which also meant 'elephant'.

Did Krishna ride on Elephantine?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
@River Sea bear in mind that this thread was last active over four years ago and the member who started the thread, whom you tagged now a couple of times, was last on the site over three years ago. It seems to me that it would be more profitable for you if you created a new thread on this topic rather waking up this old thread and tagged members who are likely to reply to you, given that they are still active here.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Well or Cisterns were Joseph's bones at, and why?
I don't know where they put Joseph's bones after they brought them out of Egypt. Joesph was thrown in a well or cistern until some Midianites came along on their way to Egypt. Joseph's brothers then pulled him out of the pit and sold him to the Midianites, who then in turn took him to Egypt and sold him to Potiphar, an Egyptian who was an Officer of Pharoah and Captain of the Guard.

See Genesis 37