• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi,

hutena

I was watching a History channel program today, and it got me thinking about my beliefs and how lazy I was being not really researching or thinking about faith and religion. I talk to something but don't really know what it is. I would like to believe that something guides my life, but I do not believe much of what I was taught in years of Catholic school. I don't care if someone is gay, I don't picket abortion clinics and I am not a value voter. That makes me strange living in the land of Good hair. I love the South park episode where the right religion (darn it I don't remember what group, Mormons maybe?) were in heaven making egg carton sculptures. I am interested in learning more about religion and spirituality.:drool:

xkatz

Well you sure have picked the right place to learn about religion and spirituality! :)

MissAlice

Hello hutena and welcome.

You sound a lot like myself which is really why I come here.

BTW <3 your avatar. Is that your cat?

hutena

Yes, that is my cat Grae. He is my baby,he actually died July 14th and when i was looking at my pictures for an avatar I had to put him as my avatar as I miss him. Death happen to everything but it is hard to accept. That picture was really recent, and he had been sick for a while. I took a religion test, can't remember the website and I am closest to universalist, also liberal Quaker. I would have never thought Quaker, but then I know nothing about them. My mother is Catholic, w/leanings towards Hinduism and Wicca.My sister leans towards Wicca. My father not really anything. It's an interesting mix in my family. I don't really want to do the Wicca thing as I do not like messing with magic black, grey or white. I leave it alone. I love nature, and I find spirituality in that.:)

MissAlice

Yes, that is my cat Grae. He is my baby,he actually died July 14th and when i was looking at my pictures for an avatar I had to put him as my avatar as I miss him. Death happen to everything but it is hard to accept. That picture was really recent, and he had been sick for a while. I took a religion test, can't remember the website and I am closest to universalist, also liberal Quaker. I would have never thought Quaker, but then I know nothing about them. My mother is Catholic, w/leanings towards Hinduism and Wicca.My sister leans towards Wicca. My father not really anything. It's an interesting mix in my family. I don't really want to do the Wicca thing as I do not like messing with magic black, grey or white. I leave it alone. I love nature, and I find spirituality in that.:)

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, he's a beauty. I was and still am the same way about my cat that died a year ago. The subject of death is something I still struggle with as well.

BTW I also love nature....I don't know what I'd call it but it does feel like a powerful force with me.