• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi, My name's Jade!

sisjadie

Hi everyone! My name is Jade and I look forward to posting here with everyone. As you can see in my profile, I'm a Bahá'í. I must add that I am a "young Bahá'í" As I officially joined the faith almost a year and a half ago.
For those of you that aren't familiar with the term "Bahá'í" I will give you a short introduction. As a Bahá'í, I believe that religion progresses from one age to the next as the world changes and mankind's spiritual capacity develops. In this sense, I view all religions as one, in that they are ALL inspired by God and are part of His great plan for humanity.
In all of the scriptures of great world religions the spiritual truths, such as the message of love, the need for honesty, truthfulness and purity, can be found in every religion. They may be developed from one age to the next, but they always remain true.
That is my point of view on religion it'self. A bit more about me, would be that I was raised Christian between the Church of Christ and my father's baptist church. I spent a large ammount of my life praying over everything. Anytime I had a question prayer was always my answer. I became uncomfortable with politics that were escalated in the Church of Christ and so I found myself discussing religious issues with fellow students in school. Soon after, I began investigating all the branches of Christianity that I could get my hands on. To this day I have files upon files of different doctrines I have encountered. I enjoy seeing others' points of view and learning their beliefs and how they are similar to my own.
When I got married, I married a wonderful man who is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have since made many friends in his church as well. However; we have our differences. In the heat of frustration one day, my husband blurted out that what I thought on a certain issue was just "all wrong." This is my pet peve. I assure you I will tell no one that what they believe about something is wrong. So I got online and found the Bahá'ís and I fell in love with the faith. Everything they teach is the same thing I have have learned through my life via prayer. I thought my mother would have a fit when I joined, but when she found out, the fact I had joined made sense to her. What can I say but it was the perfect fit. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to email me. I'll try to answer them as best I can. I love looking up answers and comparing things! It's the best way to learn. I do hope to be met with the same attitude should I find questions I feel I need clarification on. Patience is the best virtue!
I do hope my long introduction doesn't bother anyone. This is what I feel I need to give as my introduction. So now, I'm off to the forums to see what everyone is talking about!!! Hope to hear from you all soon!
~Jadie

Runt

Hey there, Sisjadie! Welcome to the forums! I'm happy to see you're already up and posting!

Master Vigil

Welcome, I'm glad you found what is right for you and what makes you happy. My catholic parents weren't too happy about me becoming a taoist/pagan. But they accepted it, which I was thankful for. I am looking forward to your posts. Glad to have you here.

Scott1

Hello and welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great intro!

I am looking forward to learning more about your faith.

Peace,
Scott