• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hi, I am new here

metalnun

God Intoxicated
I happened across this forum while doing a Google search on "bhava" and was delighted to find the thread by iridescence discussing madhura bhava, one of my all-time favorite topics as a lover of God. To introduce myself: I am a Sister in the Community of Francis and Clare, a nondenominational third-order founded by Fr. Scott Baldwin at All Saints Episcopal in San Francisco. Although I am formally Episcopalian, my theology is somewhat universalist and I also have a great deal of affection for Hinduism and Buddhism. I began practicing yoga 35 years ago in 1977 and while I believe that yoga is all One, my own personal orientation could best be described as "bhakti/tantrika." I am a yoga teacher and holistic wellness counselor. My teacher is Mark Whitwell (Heart of Yoga). I probably will not be spending much time on this forum because I am already quite extremely busy, mostly on Facebook and at the Advanced Yoga Practices forum where I belong to a wonderful sangha. Feel free to send me emails. Love to everyone!

metalnun

God Intoxicated
Welcome !
It sounds like you could make some great contributions here.

Thanks! I think, however, that my views are a bit disturbing or even offensive to some. In any case I don't have a lot of time to spend here, but I will check in occasionally. Very nice forum.

Aabraham ben Azar

I happened across this forum while doing a Google search on "bhava" and was delighted to find the thread by iridescence discussing madhura bhava, one of my all-time favorite topics as a lover of God. To introduce myself: I am a Sister in the Community of Francis and Clare, a nondenominational third-order founded by Fr. Scott Baldwin at All Saints Episcopal in San Francisco. Although I am formally Episcopalian, my theology is somewhat universalist and I also have a great deal of affection for Hinduism and Buddhism. I began practicing yoga 35 years ago in 1977 and while I believe that yoga is all One, my own personal orientation could best be described as "bhakti/tantrika." I am a yoga teacher and holistic wellness counselor. My teacher is Mark Whitwell (Heart of Yoga). I probably will not be spending much time on this forum because I am already quite extremely busy, mostly on Facebook and at the Advanced Yoga Practices forum where I belong to a wonderful sangha. Feel free to send me emails. Love to everyone!
You are most well come here

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Welcome to RF! Yoga teacher!! you have my admiration! I had an insanely good Italian yoga teacher, I wish I could pack him with me everywhere I go when I need to sweat it out.