• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey!

Bhagavata

Bhakta of Krishna
Hi, I am a Bhagavata. A Bhagavata is a worshipper of Krishna. Bhagavatism is the first known organized form of worship of Krishna. It started around the 4th century B.C. It really doesnt have a philosophy like Dvaita, Advaita, or anything like that because it predates Adi Shankara, Madhva, Ramanuja, and the rest of those philosophers. So I just like to say, Krishna is in everything and everything is in Him. Thats pretty much it, I really hope I like it here. :)

Om Krishnaya Namah!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi, Welcome to RF.
icon14.gif

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to RF!
I too am a devotee of Sri Krishna.

I'd be interested to know more about your stance on dvaita/advaita because you must fit in somewhere. I personally am dvaitadvaita and believe that both Krishna and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu emphasise this position.

Well, I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Bhagavata

Bhakta of Krishna
Welcome to RF!
I too am a devotee of Sri Krishna.

I'd be interested to know more about your stance on dvaita/advaita because you must fit in somewhere. I personally am dvaitadvaita and believe that both Krishna and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu emphasise this position.

Well, I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

I really like Sri Caitanya's Acintya Bheda Abheda Philosophy. Advaita and Dvaita are too extreme of views and I feel that Chaitanya's philosophy brings them both together in a nice balance. I am currently thinking about converting to Gaudiya Vaishnavism. Bhagavatism is very old and sometimes not having a main philosophy can be tough. The philosophy that best describes the Vedic religion is, to me, Acintya Bheda Abheda. So dont be suprised if you see my religion change soon! :)

And thanks to all who welcomed me!