• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey guys i am new here n am an atheist, i would love to hv a one to one debate with religious ppl

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello. I am mostly here for the fun, but I also discuss. My background is in southern protestant Christianity, and I am a Liberal Christian. Remember that the forum rules are posted. You just click the link up at the top to see them. There are separate areas for debating, versus asking polite questions of religious groups. If you have a problem, need to ask a question or let us know something then open a thread in site feedback. Site feedback threads are hidden from general members and so are confidential between you and staff. If you see a post that obviously breaks a rule, please help us by clicking the 'Report' button on that post. Thanks and see you around the table.

Spockrates

Wonderer.
I am also interested in meeting fellow atheists n create friends with all kinds of ppl from different kind of ideologies.WOuld like to know u all....

Sounds like fun! What would you like to debate, or have a thoughtful discussion about? (I love the music of Nirvana, btw.)

Nirvana

Sounds like fun! What would you like to debate, or have a thoughtful discussion about? (I love the music of Nirvana, btw.)
God and the relevance of bible, which ofcourse can`t be true. Oh wow! Nirvana is awesome! They still rock! They revolutionized music!

Spockrates

Wonderer.
God and the relevance of bible, which ofcourse can`t be true. Oh wow! Nirvana is awesome! They still rock! They revolutionized music!

I know! Right? What was Kurt thinking? Sometimes I wonder what music would be like if he was still around. [emoji4][emoji869]

So are you thinking God can't be real, or how the bible describes God must be incorrect?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I'm always interested in one on ones, though I'd need the topic before engaging.

Nirvana

I know! Right? What was Kurt thinking? Sometimes I wonder what music would be like if he was still around. [emoji4][emoji869]

So are you thinking God can't be real, or how the bible describes God must be incorrect?
I wonder if he would still be making songs expressing teen angst. I guess he was always unhappy. You can know that from his songs easily.No wonder he killed himself.
Without bible God would be quite pleasant but as there is no evidence for his existence, one can`t be sure. The bible is a a product of man and not divine will, it contains a lot of unpleasant things...

Spockrates

Wonderer.
I wonder if he would still be making songs expressing teen angst. I guess he was always unhappy. You can know that from his songs easily.No wonder he killed himself.
Without bible God would be quite pleasant but as there is no evidence for his existence, one can`t be sure. The bible is a a product of man and not divine will, it contains a lot of unpleasant things...

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, I agree about Kurt, and it seems some of his songs were about himself, as well. Like the lyrics of Smells Like Teen Spirit (a song that always sends pleasant chills down my spine when I hear it, btw) say:

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift, I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

Notice that he doesn't say, "And always will [be] until the end." Reminds me of William Shakespeare's Hamlet, "To be, or not to be." Being is living. I'm guessing that leaving being out of the lyrics means Kurt felt he wasn't really living. But perhaps he had some belief in the possibility of God? For isn't God supposed to be the one who blesses?

Regarding evidence for God, what evidence (if it were to exist) might make you consider maybe changing your mind?

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Welcome to the nuthouse known as RF, Kurt, er.... Nirvana...

As one infidel dog to another, welcome to the machine.

Nirvana

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, I agree about Kurt, and it seems some of his songs were about himself, as well. Like the lyrics of Smells Like Teen Spirit (a song that always sends pleasant chills down my spine when I hear it, btw) say:

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift, I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

Notice that he doesn't say, "And always will [be] until the end." Reminds me of William Shakespeare's Hamlet, "To be, or not to be." Being is living. I'm guessing that leaving being out of the lyrics means Kurt felt he wasn't really living. But perhaps he had some belief in the possibility of God? For isn't God supposed to be the one who blesses?

Regarding evidence for God, what evidence (if it were to exist) might make you consider maybe changing your mind?
I would just like God to say hi. That`s all really.
Kurt always considered that he didn`t deserve the success he got. He was struggling with fame, no doubt he hated fame. Almost most of his songs are self contradictions, but they r all pretty much his belief. Take lithium for instance in which he says ``I`m so happy cos today i`ve found my friends they`re in my head`` It was not just a reference to his imaginary friend but it was also how he felt. He was lonely, he couldn`t relate to the world. A groaning child he was...Actually smells like teen spirit, i never really got the full essence of the song, you know no verse is related. They r totally different things....a mosquito, albino, libido....It was more of a teen trying to find meaning in the world

Spockrates

Wonderer.
I would just like God to say hi. That`s all really.
Kurt always considered that he didn`t deserve the success he got. He was struggling with fame, no doubt he hated fame. Almost most of his songs are self contradictions, but they r all pretty much his belief. Take lithium for instance in which he says ``I`m so happy cos today i`ve found my friends they`re in my head`` It was not just a reference to his imaginary friend but it was also how he felt. He was lonely, he couldn`t relate to the world. A groaning child he was...Actually smells like teen spirit, i never really got the full essence of the song, you know no verse is related. They r totally different things....a mosquito, albino, libido....It was more of a teen trying to find meaning in the world

Agreed. For, "I am worse at what I do best," is certainly not a boast. But I think self-deprecation is not always a bad thing. For instance, one can admire Socrates for having the opinion that he himself was no great thinker and belittling himself by saying the only thing he could do well was to ask questions that made great thinkers pause and think. The reality is that his Socratic Method has been an invaluable contribution to philosophy, psychology and anyone who wishes to have a thoughtful conversation.

That being said, have you considered an answer to my question? (No worries. I'm enjoying the discussion about Nirvana if you don't care to discuss religion at the moment.)

Spockrates

Wonderer.
A groaning child he was...Actually smells like teen spirit, i never really got the full essence of the song, you know no verse is related. They r totally different things....a mosquito, albino, libido....It was more of a teen trying to find meaning in the world

Yes, at first hear the words seem more near to nonsense than good sense. Or are they? Consider the last letters of each:

-ido -ino -ido

Remove the o from ido and the i from ino, and one gets:

Id, no Id.

To have an Id or to not have an Id? To be or not to be? Possibly a cryptic reference to Freudian psychology and suicide?

If only he were here to ask! All we can do is guess and kindly laugh at our gesstimations at what such a creative mind was bringing into being for us to ponder!

[emoji4]

Nirvana

Yes, at first hear the words seem more near to nonsense than good sense. Or are they? Consider the last letters of each:

-ido -ino -ido

Remove the o from ido and the i from ino, and one gets:

Id, no Id.

To have an Id or to not have an Id? To be or not to be? Possibly a cryptic reference to Freudian psychology and suicide?

If only he were here to ask! All we can do is guess and kindly laugh at our gesstimations at what such a creative mind was bringing into being for us to ponder!

[emoji4]
As he said "Why in the hell do journalists insist on coming up with a second rate Freudian evaluation on my lyrics when 90% of the time they've transcribed the lyrics incorrectly?''
Depends upon us if we r the 10% or the rest of the world. He was always different, identified himself with different ppl, arrested for spraying god is gay. One of my idols! Died too young, do you think he was murdered?

Spockrates

Wonderer.
As he said "Why in the hell do journalists insist on coming up with a second rate Freudian evaluation on my lyrics when 90% of the time they've transcribed the lyrics incorrectly?''
LOL! Guess I'm guilty
Depends upon us if we r the 10% or the rest of the world. He was always different, identified himself with different ppl, arrested for spraying god is gay. One of my idols! Died too young, do you think he was murdered?

Murdered? Interesting. Anyone have motive?