• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here we go again: 9 dead, 16 injured in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Dayton, Ohio shooting: 9 dead and 16 injured in shooting in city's Oregon District - CNN

XDD514HJv9.png

So, taking all bets, Evil Muslim proving all Muslims are a threat and acting with fully culpable intent, or Lone Wolf, mentally ill white guy whose actions must be taken in complete isolation and not used to infer a larger issue?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Dayton, Ohio shooting: 9 dead and 16 injured in shooting in city's Oregon District - CNN

View attachment 31593

So, taking all bets, Evil Muslim proving all Muslims are a threat and acting with fully culpable intent, or Lone Wolf, mentally ill white guy whose actions must be taken in complete isolation and not used to infer a larger issue?
As far as i know it was white people who was behind this too. But i can be wrong. No matter what it is really bad that it happens

View attachment 31593

So, taking all bets, Evil Muslim proving all Muslims are a threat, or Lone Wolf white guy whose actions must be taken in complete isolation and not used to infer a larger issue?
Why do we even need to talk about this it gets no where. We all know radical Islam is a threat that should be taken seriously and that there are also crazy white people out there too. What’s with the race baiting?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why do we even need to talk about this it gets no where. We all know radical Islam is a threat that should be taken seriously and that there are also crazy white people out there too. What’s with the race baiting?
If we just forget about it, how we going to learn that it is not right to kill someone? it seems like young people today do not understand if you shoot someone they will most often die. That is not only in America of course, it happens here in Europe and in my home country of Norway too

sooda

Veteran Member

The shooter is dead. It was at a place called Ned's Bar.

Kangaroo Feathers

If we just forget about it, how we going to learn that it is not right to kill someone? it seems like young people today do not understand if you shoot someone they will most often die. That is not only in America of course, it happens here in Europe and in my home country of Norway too
In fairness, most gunshot injuries aren't fatal. Still, almost 6 times as many Americans will die from gunshot injuries this year than were killed on 9/11. If the effort and resources put into dealing with the one were scaled to the other, I'm sure the problem would be largely solved.

And there's the defensiveness. Must have struck a nerve. :rolleyes:
I am in no way saying to forget who got killed. Just the obsession with Islam vs white people are all bad is really annoying. People are too divisive. What matters are people are dead. What about all the inner city killings? Way worse. People should focus on dealing with those daily occurrences too. Those happen every day in every major poor US city.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am in no way saying to forget who got killed. Just the obsession with Islam vs white people are all bad is really annoying. People are too divisive. What matters are people are dead. What about all the inner city killings? Way worse. People should focus on dealing with those daily occurrences too. Those happen every day in every major poor US city.
Yes, i agree that every situation is just as important to solve, but it tends to be more news about large shootings when so many innocent people die. But yes the gang shootings should be tried solved too of course

Kangaroo Feathers

Congratulations. You utterly missed the point. But by all means, play the "well other stuff happens that's worse, so please don't look at the glaring issue right in front of us" card. :rolleyes:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In fairness, most gunshot injuries aren't fatal. Still, almost 6 times as many Americans will die from gunshot injuries this year than were killed on 9/11. If the effort and resources put into dealing with the one were scaled to the other, I'm sure the problem would be largely solved.
I have never shot with guns before but from what i see in documentaries it did look like shootings ended in death most often, this is where my comment come from :) But thank you for noticing my fault too

Kangaroo Feathers

Yes, i agree that every situation is just as important to solve, but it tends to be more news about large shootings when so many innocent people die. But yes the gang shootings should be tried solved too of course
No! Don't you know anything? It is only possible to deal with one issue at a time!

So mass shootings are a problem that should be dealt with, huh?
- No! Inner city gang violence is a bigger problem and must be dealt with first!
OK, so shall we deal with Inner city gang violence?
- No! There are children dying of cancer! That's a bigger problem and must be dealt with first!
OK, so let's do something about childhood cancer?
- No! There are veterans who are homeless and need medical care! That's a bigger problem and must be dealt with first!
OK, so we're going to do something to help veterans?
- No! There's an immigrant crisis at the Southern border! That must be dealt with first!
So we're going to come up with immigration reform and put adequate resources into humanitarian aid to address immigration?
- No! There are mass shootings happening! That's a problem that must be dealt with first!...

and so on. It's marvelous. You get to be all sanctimoniously outraged without ever having to actually do anything or help anyone.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No! Don't you know anything? It is only possible to deal with one issue at a time!

So mass shootings are a problem that should be dealt with, huh?
- No! Inner city gang violence is a bigger problem and must be dealt with first!
OK, so shall we deal with Inner city gang violence?
- No! There are children dying of cancer! That's a bigger problem and must be dealt with first!
OK, so let's do something about childhood cancer?
- No! There are veterans who are homeless and need medical care! That's a bigger problem and must be dealt with first!
OK, so we're going to do something to help veterans?
- No! There's an immigrant crisis at the Southern border! That must be dealt with first!
So we're going to come up with immigration reform and put adequate resources into humanitarian aid to address immigration?
- No! There are mass shootings happening! That's a problem that must be dealt with first!...

and so on. It's marvelous. You get to be all sanctimoniously outraged without ever having to actually do anything or help anyone.
Who says i never help others? I think you misunderstood my post

Kangaroo Feathers

Who says i never help others? I think you misunderstood my post
I think you misunderstood mine. I wasn't suggesting you don't help others, I was taking a swipe at "perfect world" fallacists, the people who will always argue against trying to fix a problem, because there's some other problem that they will claim is greater.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think you misunderstood mine. I wasn't suggesting you don't help others, I was taking a swipe at "perfect world" fallacists, the people who will always argue against trying to fix a problem, because there's some other problem that they will claim is greater.
The best solution would be to stop producing weapons, but i know that will never happen

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

View attachment 31593

Besides our thoughts and prayers to the families of mass-shooting victims , we need more well-armed good guys around to stop the bad guys with guns massacring unarmed civilians.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
You want more guns in the streets?

There are as many guns as persons in American...there's plenty of them...I'd just like to see a rather well-armed society, because a well-armed society is a better well-behaved society.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member