• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help required designing Heaven!!!!

Cockadoodledoo

You’re going to get me!
Here on Earth God tends to keep himself to himself.
Perhaps it will also be the same in Heaven.
So let us play a little Game......
Imagine God wants all humans to take a role in designing heaven from within.
By this I mean that once we pass on (die), we will be required to join a design team,
With the task of designing every aspect of heaven, including the ‘transport route’ required to get us into heaven.

So how would you contribute to the project?
What role do you see yourself in?
And whilst working on this project do you have full faith that God really exists?

Cockadoodledoo

Cockadoodledoo

You’re going to get me!
Uhmm... why would anyone build a staircase to paradise if they didn't think it existed?

God might be suggesting building paradise and a staircase to earth.
I’m just a little eager to partake in the project....
Hence this explains why I’m starting now.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
By this I mean that once we pass on (die), we will be required to join a design team,
With the task of designing every aspect of heaven, including the ‘transport route’ required to get us into heaven.

Well, I suggest to relax the restrictions on musical instruments, so that souls can use, for instance,a SG with Marshall amplifiers instead of a boring harp, if they wish so.

And whilst working on this project do you have full faith that God really exists?
Of course not.

Ciao

- viole

james blunt

Cockadoodledoo
That is some serious deep thinking question. I would be the head designer, I would contribute my imagination.

If I died and I knew I was dead, went on a design team, then obviously I would believe in God because I would be experiencing an afterlife. However I would also think I could be an hologram and virtual reality. So god would be the designer of the system.
or I could stay alive and design heaven for when I get there .

Last edited by a moderator:

cladking

Put it at 81' 3" so it's low enough to ascend on effervescence. ;)

The important thing is to be remembered on earth so every time people look up they should think of you.

ecco

Veteran Member
I would have only one requirement: All my memories get totally erased every million years. I figure after one million years I will have done everything I wanted to.

I absolutely cannot imagine the horror of having to "live" for eternity.

OK, I'll add one more caveat: Just before my memory gets wiped, I can write a note to my new self.

WalterTrull

Godfella
[QUOTE="Cacotopia, post: 5616034, member: 64201"...]the propagation of a fantasy.[/QUOTE]
Dude! You may have hit upon the meaning of life, propagating fantasy!

Altfish

Veteran Member
A bar, not too big, small rooms, darts and dominos, good juke box and plenty of local real ales.
A small concert venue, sweaty, atmospheric where we could go to see Ian Curtis and Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
God might be suggesting building paradise and a staircase to earth.
I’m just a little eager to partake in the project....
Hence this explains why I’m starting now.

Instead of a staircase, maybe it could be like the beginning part of a rollercoaster, where you're headed up being pulled by a chain. Then, when you get to the top, you get your wings and can fly around at warp speed.

ecco

Veteran Member
A bar, not too big, small rooms, darts and dominos, good juke box and plenty of local real ales.
A small concert venue, sweaty, atmospheric where we could go to see Ian Curtis and Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

After 1,000,000 years of never losing at darts, drinking every great ale ever brewed, listening to all the best music ever written - then what?

Eternity is a verrrrrrrry lonnnnnng time.

Altfish

Veteran Member
After 1,000,000 years of never losing at darts, drinking every great ale ever brewed, listening to all the best music ever written - then what?

Yeah, but it'll help counter the constant praising and giving thanks

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The universe is a big place. Trillions of galaxies. It would take a long time in order to visit and partake of each one.

ecco

Veteran Member
The universe is a big place. Trillions of galaxies. It would take a long time in order to visit and partake of each one.
UCSB Science Line
There are about 10 billion galaxies in the observable universe! The number of stars in a galaxy varies, but assuming an average of 100 billion stars per galaxy means that there are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (that's 1 billion trillion) stars in the observable universe!​

Let's say you visit each star system and hang out at each one for 1,000,000 years. That'll take you 1 million billion trillion years. What are you going to for the other 99.999...999% of eternity?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I was thinking about writing this article today!

In response to others thoughts, and for my own thoughts.

1. I don't think harps are required, people. It was just they had very dated ideas of good musical instruments at the time. Anyone making me play a stringed instrument would find themselves in hell. I'm pretty bad at music. Used to be okay at singing, out of practice at that too.
2. Beer is fine. I'm not a drinker though.
3. About memories. I'd amend it to "you get to keep only the memories you want." And you get to live as long as you want before getting reborn on Earth (with or without memories).
4. Infinite amount of space. But you can suddenly decide, "I want to meet Joe from the bar" and they'll pop up nearby as long as they want to too, I guess.
5. Impossible to hurt someone unless they want to be hurt. Same for getting sick or dying. If you are a masochist, you would want to feel pain.
6. Because of number 5, other people who are obnoxious (including those religions I don't like), I can just ignore them because they can't hurt me, and likewise I can't hurt them.
7. If I want to enforce some rules of Earth (like needing sleep or food), they work. Otherwise, they don't. This keeps things from being boring, I can suddenly make needs for myself.
8. That said, there isn't a sense of evil, just hardship. As in, nobody is mean to me, and I don't get isolated for long stretches. If people aren't into me, they just tell me upfront, and save me the trouble of being attaches to someone who doesn't love me.
9. On the other hand, kinda like a forum, if someone is going to insult me, I can kinda know, and decide to ignore it or something. But nobody gets "banned" from Heaven.
10. Oh yeah, and it's not fluffy cloud zone. They have mountains and farms and waterfalls. And also strange stuff like mushroom forests and large undersea areas.