• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help and advices needed~ !

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Hi guys !

I've got some free time so I am working and working and working to get better in 3D ...

I am doing very quick works of sculpting, retopology, and texturing... And since art is not a 1+1=2 thing, I need people to judge my work and give advice ! Especially on the design, anatomy of the stuff, or anything you want to say, please say it :bow:

Ok so here is the first work. I didn't wanted to spend the week on it, so it's kind of a rough work... It took 4 hours total.

1398374942-tiffanyjoudpointcom.png

I'll try to become quick and reduce progressively working time to 1 hour... So if you have anything to say that can help to make the nexts better, I'll be happy ! :D Thank you

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My first impression: Wow! I love it!

I don't have any advice, though. It's not a medium I know anything about.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Exceptionally nice work. But I do wonder about the expression. The worried/concerned look is a bit disquieting. What are you trying to convey here?

Nyingjé Tso

But I do wonder about the expression. The worried/concerned look is a bit disquieting. What are you trying to convey here?

Yes at first I wanted to have a look of worry, hesistant. But I got stuck into working on the hair and forgot to give more attention to the expression.

Do you think it would be better with just a plain neutral expression or on the contrary, accentuate it ?

Thank you for your opinions :D

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yes at first I wanted to have a look of worry, hesistant. But I got stuck into working on the hair and forgot to give more attention to the expression.

Do you think it would be better with just a plain neutral expression or on the contrary, accentuate it ?

Thank you for your opinions :D
In as much as you had no intent to convey anything by the worried expression, I do think a more neutral expression would work better.

Nyingjé Tso

Ok I've got a ton of stuff to put here but now I'll be working on a big project on a regular basis for the next months, since I have entered the Blizzardfest challenge in 3D category...

Your advices are then... Moooore than welcome !

To put it simple: take the least epic unit of a Blizzard game (warcraft, Starcraft, Heartstone, Diablo yada yada yada...) like a peon, a regular unit, or a mob, critter etc. Named heroes and unique units aren't allowed. So the rules are just to pick one regular unit and make it into a unique hero.

I've picked the Harpy witch, from Warcraft universe, kinda look like this

harpybig.jpg

So I took some afterwork... work (1h30) to make the basics from scratch (from a sphere, more precisely) and I blocked out the basic shape of the body and proportions.

It took a lot of time for such little result... Mainly because I worked for half of the time on another model with a super dynamic posing, unfortunately it wasn't anatomically possible to manage for me yet... And with the deadline, I'm don't want to loose too much time on basic stuff.

1407875784-sans-titre-4.jpg
Ok, not much to see for now... More next time

Comments welcome~

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Fwiw, I like the expression. It conveys something mysterious or enigmatic... like the Mona Lisa's smile. You know, "what's this being thinking?"

Brinne

I really like the expression! Well done it looks great.

As for the body it looks good the only comment I have is that maybe the knees look a little too defined? Like they're protruding unnaturally. Then again I know nothing about art, sculpting, or modeling so don't pay attention to me. :p

Skwim

Veteran Member
I'd redo the feet---they're a bit too long---and correct the unnatural sag in the forearms. Also, the fleshy neck doesn't seem to go with the slim figure. Other than that I think it's very good.
icon14.gif

Nyingjé Tso

Thanks everyone for your comments ! It really motivates me to keep going !
You know, when you work on the same thing again and again and going into the details then jumping into another detail, your eye tend to adjust to what he always see and the more I work on something intensively, the less I see the flaws.
Since there is a pretty short deadline considering the amount of work to make, I'm practically working on it 90% of my free time (yeah, that includes sacrificing my lunch time ahah xD)
So my eyes are too much adjusted on it. Only when I get some good rest and wake up in the morning and see it again, I detect some flaws I couldn't see earlier while working on it.

All this to say, your comments are pretty important for me ! :D Your eyes aren't on this thing 24/24, so you should be able to easily tell what is nice and what is not at first glance.

Alright here is the work on tonight

1407964972-har2.png

I'd redo the feet---they're a bit too long---and correct the unnatural sag in the forearms. Also, the fleshy neck doesn't seem to go with the slim figure.

For this session I haven't worked much on the body, more on beginning to put basic clothes, garments, armor etc...

I don't want to loose time putting fine detail into the body, if half of it will be covered. So, I think I have corrected the neck, but haven't touched the feets and forearms yet !
I already know those arms will make me suffer ... :( It hurt already....

Before anyone asks, yes it's normal if the "eyes" looks like they are kind of popping out of the skull helmet. The skull won't be plain, but painted with colors and patterns. The "eyes" balls will be painted to, to give some kind of "balinese mask effect". On these masks, the bright colors, simple patterns and placement of eyeballs gives them some nice presence and are visually nice. I would like to try to give this effect on the skull, that's why the fake eyes looks like they are popping out.

dae758dd958a9944412bee85d2615bc7.jpg

I'll try to make them bigger maybe...

Nyingjé Tso

Back from week end, so back to work !
Little update
feathers are such a pain ;____;

1408480294-har3.png

Nyingjé Tso

Woah, totally forgot to post updates on this stuff, sowwy !

It's going well... Slower... Too much slooow, but well. Am just a beginner ;___;

1409573578-har1-7.jpg

1409573600-har18.jpg

1409573608-har22.jpg

1409573612-har23.jpg

Am working on re-doing those horrible feets, brrrr... Have to dig so much in my brain to find new ways to avoid some problems and tricks to sculpt it the way I want... I feel like playing some kind of brain training game on harcore mode, ugh =____='
Good thing I learn stuff with that, it makes it educationnal masochism instead of just masochism ahah xD