• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello to all

mahayana

Hi, everyone.

I'm into zen, have been meditating for 35 years. Originally raised Methodist, I'm a pacifist, humanist, vegetarian, scientist. Still strongly influenced by existentialism and many other philosophies.

Found this place through http://www.whistlestopper.com/ where I have the same username.

Looking forward to many interesting discussions here.

May your life go well.

mahayana

Thank for the welcome, Maize.

Yeah, I've been macrobiotic for awhile now, ( with a little fish once or twice a month). Have there been any vegetarian discussions here? I've tried most of the veggie diets at one time or another, lacto-ovo seems the most common one folks do in the US. Fruitarian is the lightest (but expensive), vegan excellent as well. Macro probably isn't the healthiest in the long run (lacks some vitamins), but it makes me feel connected to the millions of others that eat this way.

Anyway, we're all living on sunlight. :wink:

Master Vigil

Welcome, I have studied a little zen as well. I'm a Taoist and just got interested in Falun Dafu. I hope to discuss with you in the future.

mahayana

Hi, MV.

I have a little book called "The Tao Of Leadership" by John Heider, which I enjoy very much. Zen and Taoism have much in common; as they say, there are many ways to climb a mountain.

Peace and harmony.