• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello FIRST TIMER HERE

Lady B

noob
Greetings ! My name is Brande I am a Christian woman, homeschooler,artist and apologist. I have been debating Muslims in a respectful way for 2 years now. I have studied Islam and the life of Mohammad as much as possible. I am now learning Arabic as a second language as advised by my Islamic friends, thanks! I have many questions I would like to ask and be answered back in a respectful manner. Hope this site will benefit us all, thanks for having me!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hello! Hope you enjoy the debates as well as benefit from them.
All the best, oldbadger (I'm a newcomer as well!).

Lady B

noob
Thanks for the nice welcome!
Christian apologetics is a field of Christian theology which aims to defend our faith in a rational basis against objections and try to expose flaws in other world views.

gseeker

conflicted constantly
Christian apologetics is a field of Christian theology which aims to defend our faith in a rational basis against objections and try to expose flaws in other world views.

Ah, well feel free to comment on my posts. I was a born again street preaching Christian until recently. After intense study 7 hours or more a day 7 days a week I came to the conclusion that the Bible represents a false God or rather that man was to fallible to properly grasp the concept of who God is. Now I'm an undefined monotheist with no preset perimeters. Please join my thread on the infallibility of the Bible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Thank you Lady B. It is what I do too. To me the name sounds like "apology" but I googled it and now I know.

Lady B

noob
Ah, well feel free to comment on my posts. I was a born again street preaching Christian until recently. After intense study 7 hours or more a day 7 days a week I came to the conclusion that the Bible represents a false God or rather that man was to fallible to properly grasp the concept of who God is. Now I'm an undefined monotheist with no preset perimeters. Please join my thread on the infallibility of the Bible.

So you jumped from one God to multiple Gods due to an in depth study of scriptures? perhaps this is not the forum to discuss this yet I am curious how you now conclude God to be false.

gseeker

conflicted constantly
So you jumped from one God to multiple Gods due to an in depth study of scriptures? perhaps this is not the forum to discuss this yet I am curious how you now conclude God to be false.

No, monotheist means a single God, you are thinking polytheism. That is the kind of belief system the Romans, Greek's, Hebrews and Muslims had at one time. I believe in a single God so complex that mankind cannot possibly define said gods attributes.

Lady B

noob
No, monotheist means a single God, you are thinking polytheism. That is the kind of belief system the Romans, Greek's, Hebrews and Muslims had at one time. I believe in a single God so complex that mankind cannot possibly define said gods attributes.

Of course, sorry for my misinterpretation. I agree God is complex and man does not have the capacity of mind to discover all his attributes, however He himself revealed many of these to us in the scriptures, how did this lead you to believe he is false?
by the way, I am not usually a defender of Islam but their religion never allowed polytheism.

gseeker

conflicted constantly
Actually there were many gods that individual tribes worshipped until Mohammed entered the picture. I guess you could say Islam never was the worship of multiple gods because when Islam became Islam they did away with the household idols. You have to remember that Islamic people are derived from the Hebrew people and the Hebrews at one time had household idols and the Muslims took that belief with them when the tribe split. As to why I reject Christianity, have you ever read any of the works of Dr Ehrman? This was a man who became a born again Christian, went through Bible college, seminary, and a ivy league college to become a Bible translator. He discovered that there are over 400,000 errors between Bible manuscripts with whole sections of the Bible added after the fact, the adulterous woman and the entire ending of mark. That helped set me on the path that would lead me to reject the Christian faith.

Lady B

noob
Actually there were many gods that individual tribes worshipped until Mohammed entered the picture. I guess you could say Islam never was the worship of multiple gods because when Islam became Islam they did away with the household idols. You have to remember that Islamic people are derived from the Hebrew people and the Hebrews at one time had household idols and the Muslims took that belief with them when the tribe split. As to why I reject Christianity, have you ever read any of the works of Dr Ehrman? This was a man who became a born again Christian, went through Bible college, seminary, and a ivy league college to become a Bible translator. He discovered that there are over 400,000 errors between Bible manuscripts with whole sections of the Bible added after the fact, the adulterous woman and the entire ending of mark. That helped set me on the path that would lead me to reject the Christian faith.

Clearly you are an intelligent person, and you surely would not change your entire belief system from one book? The Bible indeed has translational errors this is undisputed by our greatest scholars, however If you study in depth or allow the many scholars who have done so prove to you these errors are predominately numerical errors and so easy to happen when the Bible is translated in 300 or more languages.
I am not sure what additions this author claims was made to the Bible , I will read up on this book when I have some time. The adulterous woman? Please clarify for me, thanks for your patience. B

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome.
Learning Arabic? Impressive degree of dedication.
I look foreward to your posts.

gseeker

conflicted constantly
Clearly you are an intelligent person, and you surely would not change your entire belief system from one book? The Bible indeed has translational errors this is undisputed by our greatest scholars, however If you study in depth or allow the many scholars who have done so prove to you these errors are predominately numerical errors and so easy to happen when the Bible is translated in 300 or more languages.
I am not sure what additions this author claims was made to the Bible , I will read up on this book when I have some time. The adulterous woman? Please clarify for me, thanks for your patience. B

One book didn't change my belief it just broke open the box I had confined myself in called Biblical infalliblity and opened my eyes to other historic errors between Gospels, the fact that only john declares that Jesus was divine,historical accounts of the time mention many cults with people proclaiming themselves Christ, the questionable authorship of the new testament books and the inclusion of besides actions much later after the original manuscript was written. For instance, remember the story of the adulterous woman who they were going to stone and Jesus said cast the first stone you who are without sin? That was added into the manuscript later by a scribe.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Welcome!

I am probably going to be a stone in your foot when it comes to debating about christianity.

Hopefully it will be fun though :p

Blessings :namaste