• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello, everyone!

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't imagine anyone here know anything about...

* Beliefs quantification and relativity
* Proving systems and conclusiveness
*The modern understanding of recurrence

Well, I'm a mathematician and have some experience with these things. What sorts of questions do you have about proof systems and recurrence?

/E: Just to check your level of knowledge, how much formal set theory have you had? Do you know how to work with ordinals? Do you know what a hereditarily finite set is?

And welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

Terry Sampson

I don't imagine anyone here know anything about...

* Beliefs quantification and relativity
* Proving systems and conclusiveness
*The modern understanding of recurrence

Relativity? Ha! I'm a baptized and confirmed Antirelativist. I served in the Anti-antirelativist/Antirelativist war on the about.com/physics forum which is now defunct, during the first decade of the 2000s.. And I have the honor of having been banned from two leading on-line forums, essentially for asking a question prefaced by a self-disclosure statement identifying myself as an Antirelativist. Have you earned your Relativist badge yet or are you still in training? :D

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
@KelseyR

I've been meaning to write in your thread but never got around to it. I think you are appreciated here and that things may have gotten a bit off on the wrong foot when members told you upon joining that this place wasn't the best for intelligent arguments. I know you're kind of "back but not back", but I was wondering if you wanted to give the forum a greater chance, I didn't even know people and people didn't know me until, like, 150-180 posts. And sometimes in the confusion, it paints a bad picture and you start to not see the people who stand back from the conversation but have positive, decent things to say.

I guess I should say welcome since I never welcomed you the first time because I was busy. Also, thanks for expanding my mind on the subject of Burden of Proof.

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!
@KelseyR

I've been meaning to write in your thread but never got around to it. I think you are appreciated here and that things may have gotten a bit off on the wrong foot when members told you upon joining that this place wasn't the best for intelligent arguments. I know you're kind of "back but not back", but I was wondering if you wanted to give the forum a greater chance, I didn't even know people and people didn't know me until, like, 150-180 posts. And sometimes in the confusion, it paints a bad picture and you start to not see the people who stand back from the conversation but have positive, decent things to say.

I guess I should say welcome since I never welcomed you the first time because I was busy. Also, thanks for expanding my mind on the subject of Burden of Proof.

Thanks for writing.
I wrote a wonderful piece on burden of proof and not one person liked it or marked it informative. Instead, I was attacked by those who didn't like its unbiased findings.

I'm reluctant to participate too much here. My plan is to create my own site for people interested in knowing how to rationally determine a correct belief.

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!
Relativity? Ha! I'm a baptized and confirmed Antirelativist. I served in the Anti-antirelativist/Antirelativist war on the about.com/physics forum which is now defunct, during the first decade of the 2000s.. And I have the honor of having been banned from two leading on-line forums, essentially for asking a question prefaced by a self-disclosure statement identifying myself as an Antirelativist. Have you earned your Relativist badge yet or are you still in training? :D

Thanks for writing.
Beliefs relativity isn't about relativity theory (physics). It's about associated factors, antithetical sets, relativity circles, discerned correctness, etc. (philosophical stuff)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Thanks for writing.
I wrote a wonderful piece on burden of proof and not one person liked it or marked it informative. Instead, I was attacked by those who didn't like its unbiased findings.

I'm reluctant to participate too much here. My plan is to create my own site for people interested in knowing how to rationally determine a correct belief.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have made a few jokes before that this forum didn't seem to get. I perceive that 80% of my jokes are understood, but there are a couple which I get the vibe, were not - probably my best ones. Well if you ever want to talk, I will be here rolling with the punches and enjoying myself. I quite enjoy the forum and if worse comes to worse, I might sometimes dig into my animated gif collection to add some comic relief.

Last edited:

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!
I'm confused about where to reply. Do I do so at the reply button beside Quote- or below, beside my avatar? If I choose the latter will my reply be cached under yours? I don't especially like the navigation and messaging on this site. Very awkward!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm confused about where to reply. Do I do so at the reply button beside Quote- or below, beside my avatar? If I choose the latter will my reply be cached under yours? I don't especially like the navigation and messaging on this site. Very awkward!

Hmm, I use the Reply button by Quote, then type below the message in the box.

Terry Sampson

I'm confused about where to reply. Do I do so at the reply button beside Quote- or below, beside my avatar?

Beside "Quote" in the lower right hand corner of the message you want to respond to.
  • FYI:
    • The "Reply" button takes you immediately to the box next to your avatar.
    • The "Quote" button saves exactly the same information for later use. To access a saved Quote though, you have to first go to box to the right of your avatar where you should find an "Insert Quote" button in the lower left hand of the box. [Caution: Before including a Quote, make sure your cursor is where you want the Quote to appear.]
If I choose the latter will my reply be cached under yours?

Sorry, you're probably using the word correctly; I'm just not sure what you mean:. "Cached", as in: where will your reply's position be in the thread?

Your reply's position is "last in line when it was posted". To find it again, look for your message's number located just above your "Reply" button.

Screenshot_2019-05-25 Hello, everyone .png

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!

Thanks for the lesson on posting. I can't find where to create a post. Can you help me with that?

Terry Sampson

I can't find where to create a post. Can you help me with that?

I'll try.

If you're asking how to create a post in an existing thread, then:

• Immediately below this sentence is a screenshot I took of (a) your message #52, "Page 3 of 3 < Prev 1 2 3 Go to first Unread", and my avatar to the left of ":y response box topped by a horizontal list of icons.
  • In the box, you'll see: left bracket, QUOTE= ...., your message to which I am replying, left bracket, forward slash, QUOTE, and right bracket.
Screenshot_2019-05-26 Hello, everyone .png

• At this moment, I'm typing my response below that. When I'm finished, I will click on "Post Reply".
  • If I wanted to post a message in this thread, but NOT reply to any of your messages, I would cut the line of text in my box that contains your message and delete it.
  • If I wanted to avoid the cutting and deleting altogether, I would just go to the bottom of any page in the thread, find my avatar and the empty box to the right of it, then type to my heart's content and post. This is where QUOTING a post comes in: If, after having started out with an empty response box, I typed some stuff and decided I wanted to throw in a message (yours or anybody's in the thread), I find the message I want to include in my response, click on "+Quote", return to my unfinished message, place my cursor below the stuff I had already typed, insert the Quote, then type some more, and click on Post Reply when done.

Suppose I don't want to quote a message, but do want to get you to read something I write in a thread.
  • I don't Reply to any message.
  • I don't Quote any message.
  • I just go to my response box, and type near the top: @KelseyR and that will result in your receipt of a notification that I have posted a message to you.
Learning about each of the icons in the horizontal menu at the top of your empty response box, is the next hurdle to cross, I think.

Terry Sampson

@KelseyR , Wait! I forgot to ask: are you using a phone or a computer to interact with Religious Forums. I ask because my responses to you are all PC. Phone interactions are completely out of my league, although I know some forum members rely on their phones for much if not all of their forum-related activity.