• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell-o

Spectral

I've been a Christian most of my life, having grown up in a land where Christianity is widely revered, though I've also had some dabblings and dunkings in darker spirituality or also atheism. I still consider myself to be fairly ignorant of gnosticism, having read but little of the holier books, though I've had a few glimpses of revelations. Recently I met a puzzle maker who I became friends with. He is a sufi, and he initiated me with the Naqshbandi sufis. I didn't understand much about what sufism is and still don't, but felt a potent shift in my spiritual life just being around the drink of the sufi zikrs, and signed up. Then, just a few weeks later I discovered the Baha'is, which is a spiritual branch of sufism that came straight out of the Naqshbandis in the 1800s. I wound up signing up, and being an active Baha'i for about 9 months. After that I stepped back because I started feeling weird about it, though I still have some interest in the Baha'i secrets. I've also been still in remembrance and practice of the sufi ways, sometimes. I've been studying more about it, and might visit the order more deeply sooner or later, with my gung-ho sufi friend. Someday I could also still be a shaman or a wizard, since I still have an undercurrent of mystical proclivity in that bent, though probably not until I'm older and wizer about those kinds of things, inshallah. I expect to just be studying from the whole prism of faith mostly, as time permits. I'm eclectic those ways. Hope I'm welcome. See ya around.

Last edited:

Dingbat

Welcome to the boards. I am not a massive fan for Mysticism and the sort but I have to admit there is something fascinating about Sufism.

Then, just a few weeks later I discovered the Baha'is, which is a spiritual branch of sufism that came straight out of the Naqshbandis in the 1800s.

Baha'i and Naqshbandi actually aren't related. Naqshbandi is a Sufi order within Sunnism, while Baha'i is a deviant sect of the Shi'a religion, and the Shaykhi movement (a pseudo-messianic cult) in particular.

But welcome anyhow!

Spectral

Baha'i and Naqshbandi actually aren't related. Naqshbandi is a Sufi order within Sunnism, while Baha'i is a deviant sect of the Shi'a religion, and the Shaykhi movement (a pseudo-messianic cult) in particular.

But welcome anyhow!

Baha'u'llah himself actually was originally from the Naqshbandi Sufis, though his practice is very different than Islam, albeit similar. It does "deviate" from the original traditions, though Baha'i supposedly exists to uphold peace and preservation amongst all religion, even as it supposedly supplants the more troublesome aspects of ancient religion. Whether he's actually messiah is quite a bold statement. I personally feel the messiah is something more than just him, but I at least believe he's some kind of great philosopher saint. Islam is the one faith Baha'is still get a lot of heat from, and I understand some about why, though I am still just a man of shallow understanding. Well, I'm going to go have a look-see around.
Wa laykum asalaam'u abha.