• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
I will tell you the bible is wrong.

Jesus is not to be worshipped, he is to be followed. Big difference. What Jesus became, you can become also.

But unless you understand the path he was pointing to, you will spend your life worshipping the signpost rather than completing the journey.

And this is where death will find you. On the roadside, by the signpost.

Pack up your altar. Walk, as Jesus walked.

x

SaraLee

The Bible CLEARLY teaches we are saved by faith, by simply believing in Jesus, and the above passage clearly teaches we are saved UNTO good works, that is the good works follow, are a result of our salvation, which is FREE, the moment we first believed:

Whether we do good works and salvation follows or if we are saved by faith and good works come after, the end result is we are to do good works. The idea of which comes first, the chicken or the egg can be debated for ever but one thing can not: Jesus taught us how to treat others and we are to follow his example.

SaraLee

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
It is my belief that there is so much on Earth to see and experience that we cannot even begin to do it all. To me, it is the ultimate cruelty to show us just as taste of everything, and then not get a chance to come back and experience it at all.

The promise of heaven or hell seems to me to be a threat - either way. Hell for me would be going to heaven.

joeboonda

SaraLee said:
Whether we do good works and salvation follows or if we are saved by faith and good works come after, the end result is we are to do good works. The idea of which comes first, the chicken or the egg can be debated for ever but one thing can not: Jesus taught us how to treat others and we are to follow his example.

SaraLee

I don't disagree that we should do good works, but the Bible clearly teaches they follow, come as a result of salvation in many places, I will put a couple:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Heaven is spoke of quite extensively in the bible,more accurately the kingdom of heaven,and that can be experienced here on earth,that is kingdom living.
Luk 17:20-21 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Mat 12:28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
So when one receives,believes in the King (jesus) they enter into the kingdom of heaven,it's just that the christian is still on the earth but the position in the kingdom is immediately established in the believer once they trust Christ as savior.
The day will come when we actually will go to be with the king in heaven

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
SaraLee said:

SaraLee
Only in and through the power of the Holy Ghost,according to the flesh we will die,but by the spirit we shall live

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Seraphiel said:
A tsunami?!? Ai... I wished I asked for a swimsuit this christmas.
The end of times was already predicted several times. The only problem is time never stops. Why are people so afraid of dying? It's the same as being born but just the other way around. We shouldn't be afraid for the death of man-kind. We will all live on at the 'other side'.

Don't panic live happy!
Are you certain of that,are you willing to bet your soul for eternity, if that is the case,then everything Jesus ever taught is futile and vanity at best.
That is a bold assertion !!

zenzero

Its only a Label
what for heavens sake
does one need heaven for?
hahahahahahahaha
Hell is when man is in the mind
the other side is heaven
Neither exists
just nothingness, suchness
Love & rgds

Super Universe

Defender of God
A tsunami has been predicted to occur on the 1st of April 2007, which will kick start the end time events. Hopefully the miracle of prediction, the beginning of fulfillment of Bible prophesy and the proof shown on the website (Google for "Proof for Christianity") will encourage people to follow Jesus and in doing so, help those who are in suffering.

Well, you were off by two days.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/Science/Earthquakes_and_Volcanoes