• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven Questionnaire

Narpstar

Hey guys, I just joined up because I'm doing a talk in my small group in a few weeks time on Heaven, and I'm interested in people's idea's surrounding it. It'd be great if you could give your answers/opinions/ideas/thoughts on the following:

Does heaven exist?

Does hell exist?

Is there any form of afterlife?

Is Heaven a geographical or spiritual place?

How does one enter heaven?

If you believe in heaven, what do you think it is like?

Is it possible that a baby or young child would go to hell?

Do animals go to heaven/hell? If so, what determines where they go?

Is there a "hierarchy" in heaven?

Are you going to heaven?

Are you going to hell?

Do you know (or know of) anyone who claims to have been to heaven or hell? If so, do you believe them?

Have you been to heaven/hell? If so, describe the experience.

Is there anything an individual can do which would prevent them from ever being able to enter heaven, no matter what changes they made in their lives?

Feel free to make any additional comments concerning heaven/hell too.

Thanks heaps guys :)
Ben

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hey guys, I just joined up because I'm doing a talk in my small group in a few weeks time on Heaven, and I'm interested in people's idea's surrounding it. It'd be great if you could give your answers/opinions/ideas/thoughts on the following:

Ben

Does heaven exist?
As a state of mind, or "spiritual peace" yes, in physical terms, I don't believe so.
Does hell exist?
Same as above; for me hell is being a human, continually sinning, and not being "with God".
Yes, we live for ever and ever.
Spiritual (IMO)
By being "perfect" enough to be allowed to return to God, from whom we originally came.
I know what I think it's not like; there will be no pain, only bliss at being at one with God.
I don't see that as even a possibility.
I believe that they too will end up "in heaven".
No; all is God in heaven...........
Are you going to heaven?
I doubt it very much (this time); I believe in reincarnation. Having looked at what I did in my youth, I'd say I have quite a few lives to go before even being near that stage.:rolleyes:
Are you going to hell?
I am there - I am not"with God"
Do you know (or know of) anyone who claims to have been to heaven or hell? If so, do you believe them?
No.
Hell, yes; this life, for sure (although I am certain that there are others who are going through a far worse form of Hell that I am).
Is there anything an individual can do which would prevent them from ever being able to enter heaven, no matter what changes they made in their lives?
I doubt it; some of us (and I include myself in that) may take an incredibly long time to learn all the lessons, butI believe I will get there one day.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Does heaven exist?

Yes it is beyond here in a transcendental place made of wisdom and unconditional love, which is contained in Oneness…all of these are quantifiable elements of creation.

Does hell exist?

Yes it is below here and maybe called soil or dense matter, it is made of negative emotion such as blame, remorse, regret sorrow etc…yet eventually all of these can be summarize as EGO.

Yes in hell a single strand of life (spirit) or (i) think science now calls these quarks as they look the same.
In heaven these have accelerated their own growth and so instead of one of these strands per soul, it has millions of these strands and has become transcendental, all of these different colours of life’s experiences can look at, like a ball of wool, yet then not as a shape, as it is an illusion to begin with.

Yes there is a mooring line running from your own heart direct to it.

Literally and no other way is accepted, you must know Oneness, live it act it and be it 100%!

Read after life article of mine :angel2:

Depends who and why, all is counted in the Matrix, like the Bible actually puts it also using that word!

You are one, so don't discriminate else you will be the animal you least expect in your next life, to prove it to you

Yes and No….All is equal and sit at the same level as God believe it or not, yet there is a systematic order to it all….sort of like the eye is laid out….the white is unconditional love and none may enter without knowing this, as Yeshua referred to….then Wisdom where the elders sit and like the lens or colours of the eyes, focusing as intercessors, all thought patterns, through our reality to God in the middle of the circle….as heaven is one big circle…why uniolove the word Oneness which I learn first when dead in Hell and what it meant was something that has always been part of me, yet never really understood how powerful that one word is, if meant! Opposite is EGO and to me that is the simplest religion.

Are you going to heaven?

Was born before there and hopefully not (debating in my own heart presently, due to after speaking on here), as sick of people at the moment and don't want to be me, if had any part of making it like this.

Are you going to hell?

Yes to kick *** (Balaam), see if God will let me borrow the swords of life and work from inside to remove sin....else just burn the lot down below 10th Dimension....

Ascended master = me so since name is found in most religious books.....sort of believe me now...yet still doubt it as find it slightly overwhelming and can sound egotistical... Died at 23 by chance and made me realize it was so that sent and known since birth; as i will question all things, allot....so will even doubt my own consciousness if logic is not full proof.

Again read article

Yes.........10 Commandments to the letter, last 3 also important, yet not mandatory if done without knowledge...it isn't about laws, yet results and so every work is counted, every word is and so it is up to people how much effort they really put in, inside and out!
Also anyone claiming any of our prophets martyrs, will not get in, on account of murder and then also none of us could call you our friends.
[FONT=&quot]p.s check references before question authenticity as i have had to, yet knew was sent from heaven to help.:angel2:[/FONT]

Super Universe

Defender of God
Does heaven exist? Yes, it does.

Does hell exist? Nope. Why would God allow such a place to exist?

Is there any form of afterlife? Yep, you remember your true self.

Is Heaven a geographical or spiritual place? Both.

How does one enter heaven? You can only gain entrance by ascending through the dimensions by learning and becoming a mature universal being.

If you believe in heaven, what do you think it is like? It is just like the way you would want things to be, perfect.

Is it possible that a baby or young child would go to hell? Absolutely not, God does not throw away His own spirit.

Do animals go to heaven/hell? If so, what determines where they go? All life is spirit that eventually returns to heaven. After death of the biologic the spirit earns or chooses another, usually higher, form to inhabit.

Is there a "hierarchy" in heaven? Yeah, sort of, but not nearly as much as outside of heaven. There are three separate holy areas of heaven, only the most holy are allowed into the central two.

Are you going to heaven? Eventually...

Are you going to hell? No such place.

Do you know (or know of) anyone who claims to have been to heaven or hell? If so, do you believe them? I don't think I know anyone who has made this claim.

Have you been to heaven/hell? If so, describe the experience. Haven't been there.

Is there anything an individual can do which would prevent them from ever being able to enter heaven, no matter what changes they made in their lives? Yes, when you ascend to a high state of awareness and responsibility in the universe and you then deny God you will be charged and punished by high ascended beings. Like Lucifer's eventual fate, you can be annihilated.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Does hell exist? Nope. Why would God allow such a place to exist?
That’s here by the way, and shortly won't exist according to texts and NASA...
So would God be fair to remove it now? Nope, so when a day is given, and all have been given a time and instructions of requirements needed.
We need opposite to learn from, and so why light and dark…i.e. heaven and earth!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'm going to be brief -- for a change. :D I can elaborate on any of these questions if you wish.
Does heaven exist?
Yes.

Does hell exist?
Yes.

Yes

Both

Die.

Wonderful beyond all description.

No.

Do animals go to heaven/hell?
Yes, heaven.

If so, what determines where they go?
Animals are incapable of sinning. Thus, Jesus Christ's Atonement is not required in order that they be forgiven of something they were not accountable for in the first place. Nevertheless, it is through His sacrifice that they will be given eternal life.

Yes.

Are you going to heaven?
Yes.

Are you going to hell?
No.

I know of men I consider to be prophets who have been given a glimpse of what heaven is like, and yes I believe them.

Have you been to heaven/hell?
I've been in Heaven. I lived there with God before I was born, as did you.

If so, describe the experience.
I can't. God has erased it from my memory in order that His purpose for me here on Earth could be accomplished.

The only thing I believe a person could do would be to deny the truth of the existence of God, having been blessed with an absolute knowledge of His existence.

Sahar

Does heaven exist?
Yes.

Does hell exist?
Yes.

Yes.

A physical place.

Believe in God, the day of judgement, His messengers, His books. Do good.

What i think of it can not be 0.0000001 of what it really is but what i can say it is the home of peace.

No!

No, they turn into dust.

There are different levels in heaven, the higher one is called "Al firdaws Al A'la" where The Most Merciful Throne is just above it.

Are you going to heaven?
I don't know, only God knows!

Are you going to hell?
I don't know, only God knows!

Well, i can say Prophet Muhammad saw them in his journey to heavens.

No.

Disbelief in God and worshiping partners with God.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hi, Not4me. Could I ask you to clarify this:

No, they turn into dust.
What is your reasoning behind this answer? I realize you're going to say that animals don't have souls, but is there something in the sacred texts of your religion that says animals don't have souls?

There are different levels in heaven, the higher one is called "Al firdaws Al A'la" where The Most Merciful Throne is just above it.
Could you tell me where this information comes from?

Thanks

Sahar

Katzpur said:
Hi, Not4me. Could I ask you to clarify this:
Hi, Katzpur. I'll try to do my best.

Katzpur said:
What is your reasoning behind this answer? I realize you're going to say that animals don't have souls, but is there something in the sacred texts of your religion that says animals don't have souls?
My answer is based on a hadith of the prophet. I was trying to search for the exact translation of it but instead i have found a very good answer on IslamonLine :
"It is clear from the Islamic Shari`ah that only the Jinn and men are the addressees of the Divine messages. In other words, it is only them who will be subject either to punishment or to reward.

As for other species like animals and insects, beasts and flies, they will be put into a general court where the oppressed will retaliate from the oppressor and then they will be turned into dust.

In other words, animals that have horns and those that does not have will stand facing each other and the non-horn animals will be given horns to take revenge from the one that harmed it with its horns and all other species will be treated the same way. This will happen as a token of the clear and perfect justice of Almighty Allah. After this is done, they will be turned into dust without having to go either to Hell or Paradise.
"
The lines in the different color are based on that hadith i was talking about.

Moreover; "the Day when man will see (the deeds) which his hands have sent forth, and the Unbeliever will say, "Woe unto me! Would that I were (metre) dust!" Holy Quran. The ayah talks about the unbeliever and how he will wish that he were dust i.e. animal then turn into dust (nothing).

Btw, animals have souls.
Also mistreating an animal can throw the one in hell.

Katzpur said:
Could you tell me where this information comes from?
Also based on some hadiths of the prophet that point at the different levels in Heaven according to the degree of one's righteousness (as righteousness varies from one person to another). In one hadith, the prophet said that there are 100 levels in heaven, what's between each two levels is as what's between heaven and earth. The highest level is from which the four rivers of heaven flow, and above it is The Throne (of God), so when you pray ask for Firdaws. (this is my translation, forgive me if it's bad).
Al Firdaws is in the middle of heaven but the highest in grade.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Does heaven exist?
yes

Does hell exist?
i don't know

yes

yes:)

via invitation? not sure.

closer to present reality than most realize, minus evil and chaos

no

1. yes 2. i don't know

not in any earthly sense

Are you going to heaven?
yes

Are you going to hell?
no

yes, yes

i think so. it was very colorful, vivid, peaceful, alive. people's faces were shining. so much peace, so much love, hard to describe.

i don't know

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Does heaven exist? It is called The Kingdom of God.:angel2:

Does hell exist?Yes, but not in the way most seem to believe it. It is an eternal cutting off from God, which people do themselves. I don't believe in some fiery pit.

Is there any form of afterlife?Yes, there is a ressurrection

Is Heaven a geographical or spiritual place? I get the feeling it is both of those things

How does one enter heaven? Through the narrow gate. ;)

If you believe in heaven, what do you think it is like? I wouldn't know, but I am sure it is nice.

Is it possible that a baby or young child would go to hell? No.

Do animals go to heaven/hell? If so, what determines where they go?They talk about animals in Revelation.

Is there a "hierarchy" in heaven?Yes, God is the head

Are you going to heaven? Can I say yes without sounding big-headed?:D Kidding, yes.

Are you going to hell?People get cut off from God by their own choosing.

Do you know (or know of) anyone who claims to have been to heaven or hell? If so, do you believe them? There may be some truth in what they say.

Have you been to heaven/hell? If so, describe the experience. Not yet.

Is there anything an individual can do which would prevent them from ever being able to enter heaven, no matter what changes they made in their lives? There is only one unforgivable sin, which is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and I have never heard anyone do that.

Does heaven exist? No, or only in physical form (ie we can make our lives/this Earth heaven

Does hell exist? See above except replace heaven with hell

Is there any form of afterlife? Only life after death is the continuation of other life

Is Heaven a geographical or spiritual place? potential geographical or within us

How does one enter heaven? By helping make the world a nicer place for others (and also for yourself).

If you believe in heaven, what do you think it is like? where we can do our own thing without hurting others

Is it possible that a baby or young child would go to hell? they can grow up in hell (see above answers)

Do animals go to heaven/hell? If so, what determines where they go? we can make another animals life hell yes

Is there a "hierarchy" in heaven? nah there shouldnt be

Are you going to heaven? n/a

Are you going to hell? n/a

Do you know (or know of) anyone who claims to have been to heaven or hell? If so, do you believe them? no

Have you been to heaven/hell? If so, describe the experience. haha im not going to mention the experiences that have felt like "heaven"

Is there anything an individual can do which would prevent them from ever being able to enter heaven, no matter what changes they made in their lives? naw... well they could be in prison for harming others.

may i also mention i dont beleive in the concept of true paradise or suffering? Just that we could all help make things better for each other and not deny ourselves in the process.

Dream Angel

I can answer in my own opinion as I am not a part of a religion as such! :)

Does heaven exist?
yes

Does hell exist?
yes

yes

well I would say both as it is not here so its geographical and our spirits go there so it must be spiritual

Well first you have to die :) and then its up to God if you deserve to by following is commandments, believing in him etc

Ever been in a plane when you are above the clouds and the sun is shining on them and its a floor of white flufiness - its peaceful, beautiful and breathtaking - well that is what I imagine it to be like - full of happiness

No as every child is born innocent and have committed no sin - mainly as they are too young to break any of the commandments - just imagine "There has been a robbery - the suspect, 1ft tall, no hair, had a dummy in his mouth!" hehe.... :)

All animals go to heaven - ever watched the film "All dogs go to heaven" hehe... but seriously I cant see how an animal could possibly break any of the commandments either!

Is there a "hierarchy" in heaven? It would make logical sense that there was as different people have lived life differently. It simply wouldnt be fair for someone who was so devout, never broke a single commandment went to the same place with someone who constantly made mistakes but overall believed in God.

Are you going to heaven?

I hope so, but thats for God to decide and for me to do my best to follow his commandments

Are you going to hell?

I hope not but thats for God to decide and me to do my best no to break any of the commandments and lose faith in God.

I dont know of anyone no!

If I have I cant remember it!

Hmm, not sure on this one as ultimately the decision lies with God, but many religions say that the ultimate sin is not believing in God once you have been given the knowledge. Which does make sense. It would be silly to invite someone into your house if you dont even know them? :)

Nanda

Polyanna
Does heaven exist?

No.

Does hell exist?

No.

I don't think so.

Neither.

There's nowhere to enter.

Not applicable.

No, there's no hell to go to.

Again, not applicable.

No.

Are you going to heaven?

No.

Are you going to hell?

No.

No, and if I did, I wouldn't.

Nope.

No. And I think it's more important that you do good in this life to make it more tolerable for everyone concerned, not because you fear retribution or seek reward in the afterlife.

uumckk16

Does heaven exist? I believe so.

Does hell exist? In a sense.

Is there any form of afterlife? I believe so.

Is Heaven a geographical or spiritual place? Spiritual.

How does one enter heaven? I don't know. I believe it has something to do with God's grace...and possibly our good works, too.

If you believe in heaven, what do you think it is like? Being with God? Intoxicating happiness.

Is it possible that a baby or young child would go to hell? Absolutely not.

Do animals go to heaven/hell? If so, what determines where they go? No way. I think they probably are reincarnated. Or they just go straight to Heaven. Meh?

Is there a "hierarchy" in heaven? I don't believe so.

Are you going to heaven? Someday.

Are you going to hell? You can't "go" to hell, IMO. I see hell as the illusion of being separated from God.

Do you know (or know of) anyone who claims to have been to heaven or hell? If so, do you believe them? First question: No. Second question: N/A

Have you been to heaven/hell? If so, describe the experience. Not that I can recall.

Is there anything an individual can do which would prevent them from ever being able to enter heaven, no matter what changes they made in their lives? I don't think so. But some people certainly seem to have their work cut out for them...

d.

_______
Does heaven exist?

i'm looking at it right now through my window. so yes. as for the mythical place where god lives and everything is beautiful and harmless, i have no reason to believe it is real. it is infinitely more probable that it is a mythical concept made up by people who dreamt of 'a place where there are no problems'. like the greek made up the 'elysian fields'.

Does hell exist?

i have no reason to believe it does.

i cannot say. probably not. i have never heard any reasonable argument as to why there would be.

it is a mythical concept.

by rocket or aeroplane, i suppose.

Are you going to heaven?

i have a fear of flying.

Are you going to hell?

according to some, yes. but their claims are completely baseless and doesn't matter at all to me.

yes. no.

Does heaven exist? yes to me it is called summerland

Does hell exist? to quote a friend hell is on earth

Is there any form of afterlife?yes

Is Heaven a geographical or spiritual place? yes

How does one enter heaven?through paying back karma debts

If you believe in heaven, what do you think it is like? buetiful

Is it possible that a baby or young child would go to hell?no

Do animals go to heaven/hell? If so, what determines where they go? yes

Is there a "hierarchy" in heaven? we believe in planes

Are you going to heaven? yes

Are you going to hell? already there

Do you know (or know of) anyone who claims to have been to heaven or hell? If so, do you believe them? old souls

Is there anything an individual can do which would prevent them from ever being able to enter heaven, no matter what changes they made in their lives? no

Sonic247

Does heaven exist? yes

Does hell exist? yes

Is there any form of afterlife?yes

Is Heaven a geographical or spiritual place? both

How does one enter heaven? The blood of Jesus Christ

If you believe in heaven, what do you think it is like? I know what isn't going to be there; suffering, pain, death sin

Is it possible that a baby or young child would go to hell?no

Do animals go to heaven/hell? If so, what determines where they go? ?

Is there a "hierarchy" in heaven? God is above all, other than that there might be, I don't know

Are you going to heaven? yes

Are you going to hell? no

Do you know (or know of) anyone who claims to have been to heaven or hell? If so, do you believe them? Jesus, yes I do.

Have you been to heaven/hell? Not yet

Is there anything an individual can do which would prevent them from ever being able to enter heaven, no matter what changes they made in their lives? rejecting Jesus

UnTheist

Does heaven exist? no

Does hell exist? no

Is there any form of afterlife? maybe

Is Heaven a geographical or spiritual place? a state of mind

How does one enter heaven? become happy with your life

If you believe in heaven, what do you think it is like? I don't

Is it possible that a baby or young child would go to hell? No

Do animals go to heaven/hell? If so, what determines where they go? no

Is there a "hierarchy" in heaven? no

Are you going to heaven? I would hope so. I'm a darn good person :)

Are you going to hell? God would never create such a thing

Do you know (or know of) anyone who claims to have been to heaven or hell? If so, do you believe them? I'm sure I have. I don't believe them.

Have you been to heaven/hell? If so, describe the experience. no

Is there anything an individual can do which would prevent them from ever being able to enter heaven, no matter what changes they made in their lives? Nope.

Booko

Deviled Hen

Does heaven exist?
Does hell exist?

Not as a separate place, as far as I know.

I believe there is, not that I could formally prove it, mind you. :)

Spiritual. And it can be in the next life, or in this one (or both).

Remove the veil of Self that separates us from God.

If any man be told that which hath been ordained for such a soul in the worlds of God, the Lord of the throne on high and of earth below, his whole being will instantly blaze out in his great longing to attain that most exalted, that sanctified and resplendent station.... The nature of the soul after death can never be described, nor is it meet and permissible to reveal its whole character to the eyes of men.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 155)

No.

The don't have souls, so their life is here. Which annoys me no end, because I can't imagine anything being Heaven without cats. :149:

Of a sort.

Are you going to heaven?
Are you going to hell?

That would be far above my pay grade.

I know people who've had near death experiences.

I also have met a few people who've been living in hell already, in this life. One of them, God rest his soul, passed away early this year.

No. And if I thought I had been there I would go see a doctor to rule out illness.

I would not advise suicide.

Whoever commits suicide endangers his soul, and will suffer spiritually as a result in the other worlds beyond.

(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 203)
However, it pays to notice the word "endanger" in there. It doesn't sound like something that's 100% certain. People have been known to react badly to medicine or be delusional, and through no rational choice of their own, kill themselves.

And there's this:

TRUTHFULNESS. Truthfulness is the foundation of all the virtues of the world of humanity. Without truthfulness, progress and success in all of the worlds of God are impossible for a soul. When this holy attribute is established in man, all the divine qualities will also become realized.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 384)

Feel free to make any additional comments concerning heaven/hell too.
In general, I think heaven and hell are great illustrations of the important idea that there are consequences for the choices we make in this life.