• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven And Hell - Where Are They?

A. Ben-Shema

Where and what, exactly, are Heaven and Hell?

I know a young boy who recently told me that in school he had been taught that Heaven was a place filled with precious gems and gold, ruled over by a God (presumably Caucasian) with long white hair and beard!

I also understand some Muslim men think that Paradise is a place full of beautiful virgins just waiting for them to arrive. Others believe that Heaven is like a beautiful tranquil land, with abundant fruit trees and streams.

Hell also has it's own varied descriptions in the minds of believers.

Can anyone throw any light on this subject? What is the truth of this matter? Are Heaven and Hell actually physical locations existing anywhere in the universe? What are your beliefs/knowledge?

Love & Peace :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
Are Heaven and Hell actually physical locations existing anywhere in the universe? What are your beliefs/knowledge?

I've been to Hell. It freezes annually:

frozen_hell.jpg

Paradise is on Whitefish Bay. It's even colder there.

Super Universe

Defender of God
They occupy the exact same space as each other and the material universe.

Think of a pool that is eleven feet deep. Outside the pool is heaven, now reverse it so that heaven is a sphere at the center of the pool yet still completely separate and different from the water. Each foot of water surrounding the central sphere is a dimension. So, there are eleven dimensions.

Now if you begin counting outward from heaven you will find that the dimension that we are in, the material universe, is the eleventh and last dimension out from heaven.

Hell is one dimension higher (closer to heaven) than our dimension but do not see it as necessarily being closer to heaven because most likely if you do get out of hell you just return to the earth for another try.

Hell is not a place where your soul is eternally tormented. Souls are God's children, He does not throw them away. Hell is another existence, one where the strong compete against each other and enslave the weak. It is a choice for those who live that kind of life here on the earth.

Now, as I said, heaven, hell, and all the dimensions occupy the exact same area of space. The only true existing thing is heaven, the rest is differing frequencies of God energy.

Jeremiah

"beautiful virgins"

I love that one it cracks me up.:D

I mean hello you have to leave your body behind.

Jeremiah

If heaven is 40 virgins after they lose their virginity does that mean you are no longer in heaven?

Booko

Deviled Hen
And the usual number of virgins I hear is 40. Any guy who would want 40 virgins has a messed up head in need of psychiatric intervention.

Actually it's 72.

But I have a theory that tradition sprang from a vision by a guy who'd spent too much time with his hookah.

LogDog

They occupy the exact same space as each other and the material universe.

Think of a pool that is eleven feet deep. Outside the pool is heaven, now reverse it so that heaven is a sphere at the center of the pool yet still completely separate and different from the water. Each foot of water surrounding the central sphere is a dimension. So, there are eleven dimensions.

Now if you begin counting outward from heaven you will find that the dimension that we are in, the material universe, is the eleventh and last dimension out from heaven.

Hell is one dimension higher (closer to heaven) than our dimension but do not see it as necessarily being closer to heaven because most likely if you do get out of hell you just return to the earth for another try.

Hell is not a place where your soul is eternally tormented. Souls are God's children, He does not throw them away. Hell is another existence, one where the strong compete against each other and enslave the weak. It is a choice for those who live that kind of life here on the earth.

Now, as I said, heaven, hell, and all the dimensions occupy the exact same area of space. The only true existing thing is heaven, the rest is differing frequencies of God energy.

I think you've been punked.

Booko

Deviled Hen
To be fair, that teaching comes from a hadith not all Muslims follow.

Yeah, the reference in the Qu'ran is concerning houris, in the context of comparing the wonders of Heaven to the misery of Hell.

Oh well, that would be a question more fit to pose in DIR Islam.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Mat 5:34-35
(34) But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by (the Sky) heaven; for it is God's throne:
(35) Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

Mat 10:7
(7) And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luk 17:21
(21) Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

A. Ben-Shema

If you find out the truth regarding this matter I'll pay you a million dollars. :)

No amount of money in the world can buy the Truth.

But if you want to know about Heaven and Hell, it is really very simple. Heaven is within. Not literally a physical place, but the actual EXPERIENCE of the Spirit of God within. It is the experience of Divine LIGHT, the Mystic SOUND or Voice of God, the Holy NAME / WORD / LOGOS, and the Spiritual sustenance MANNA / AMBROSIA.

Hell is the experience of this world, without Knowing and Experiencing the true inner Mystic Experience of Heaven.

Thus, Jesus, and all genuine Gnostics/Mystics, can be in Heaven on Earth. Everyone else necessarily experiences Hell on Earth. Hell can seem enjoyable and/or entertaining at times, but such experiences are very limited and short lived.

Peace & Love :)

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

Heaven and hell aren't places, but spiritual conditions: nearness to and separation from God; simple as that.

As such, they exist here and now as well as after death, and each of us is in one or the other at every moment as a function of where our heads are at!

Peace,

Bruce

A. Ben-Shema

It's your "Thus" statement that turns the whole argument to manure.

Regards,
Scott

Are you replying to me? Your post is attached to my OP, but there is no "Thus" statement there. Perhaps you could explain who you are addressing, and what exactly you mean by your statement.

Peace & Love :)

CheeryKiara

72 virgins in a place where you have no body? Now THAT sounds like hell.

I think if we understood what heaven consisted of we'd commit suicide to get there. As for hell, I beleive for the most part, it's just like this place (i'm serious, not being cynical or anything). I think for a select few baddies, hell will be a place where you'll be so far removed from the spirit of God that you'd wish you never existed.

As for the location, Hell is Michigan, who knows where heaven is?