• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Headed to Chicagoland

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And not just because I'm not exposed to that cold anymore, but also because I start to shiver some when its in the 60s now
Wimp!!! :D

BTW, I remember the first time my wife & I were in the Bahamas, and when the temp dropped into the 70's in the evening while we were there in August their jackets and hats came out.

I can take the heat but not the humidity, so when I've been in the Middle East and my wife's Sicily, I'm quite comfortable even on a hot day in the summer.

Suave

Simulated character
Well, I was just thinking about my upcoming February trip to Chicago, and I'm a little nervous, because the social atmosphere in that region is so intensely negative from my memory of growing up there, that I'm worried I might degress back to a negative state of mind from visiting...

...I'm not sure what it is about that area, but I feel like most people there are just jerks, and I don't understand if that's my personal perspective or if it's reality.

Should I be concerned..?

***MOD EDIT***

The best pizza places in Chicago

THE 10 BEST Pizza Places in Chicago - Tripadvisor

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can take the heat but not the humidity, so when I've been in the Middle East and my wife's Sicily, I'm quite comfortable even on a hot day in the summer.
I'll take a 110 degree day here with low humidity any time over an 80 degree day in Indiana with high humidity. Here, when I check, it's usually around 20 in the summer. Indiana nights that could be cool and pleasant are made miserable by 100% humidity. Often and typically at least 70%, humidity is nasty. Hot is hot, but hot and humidity is just so aweful.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
Well, I was just thinking about my upcoming February trip to Chicago, and I'm a little nervous, because the social atmosphere in that region is so intensely negative from my memory of growing up there, that I'm worried I might degress back to a negative state of mind from visiting...

...I'm not sure what it is about that area, but I feel like most people there are just jerks, and I don't understand if that's my personal perspective or if it's reality.

Should I be concerned..?
I personally think the suggestions about museums are great (I love museums), and also they will have a lot of people from outside of Chicago in addition to having some from Chicago that are inquisitive enough to go to a museum. Probably at this time of year you'd find them not crowded at all. I haven't even checked on any possible Covid restrictions tho, so you should.

Anyway, if you can get in, and you are at leisure and not hurried, you can enjoy.

Maybe that's one of the best keys to travel: to try to find ways to take your time, and not be in a hurry. No matter where or what you are doing, if you aren't rushed, you can potentially just enjoy the people and things around you a lot better.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I'm sure that most of us "jerks" would be more than fine with you rethinking your destination.