• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He is the love in your heart

Surya Deva

I know this is strange thing to proclaim, and I am surprised as you are, that I am doing it. Sometimes comes these moments where I feel like I've been touched by Sarasvati and she tells me things, things that change my perspectives, things that enliven me. I don't always remember them or stick to them, I end up reverting back to my previous self. So I want to share it while it is still fresh.

Chant his name my brothers and sisters.

Trust me, when you chant his name he fills you with love, tears of joy flow from your eyes, you feel his presence all around you. He is that love in your heart. Just chant his name once with feeling, and see how words just flow from your mouth of pure and ineffable joy, bliss and devotion ---ananda --- See how how those words by themselves become music, music that is so divine that you feel that you have come that bit closer to transcedence. If you could maintain this like the saints of yore you will reach Moksha in no time.

Set yourself some time to do Kirtan or Puja everyday in the temple, do it with feeling, devotion and love and watch how your world becomes filled with loving light. Never utter a bad word to anyone, fill your language with positive words, and your thoughts too will become positive.

This earthly life is to purify us, it is remove all those heavy negative burdens we carry that weigh us down. Our true nature is light, we are transcedentally free birds that want to fly high into the heavens, but are encaged in the bars of our own ego. Let yourself be free by embracing the love that exists in your hearts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Such words of wisdom. It's so true that when we approach God with a pure heart and offer our love, one can feel the Divine love being reciprocated.

Atman

Namaste Suraj.

This is perhaps the single best post I've come across on this forum (if not in the whole internet all together). My many pranams to you, and I'm quite sorry I can't give you anymore rep power right now.

I'am not here to downplay anybodys faith or belief but we must understand that a surpreme being exsist in this multi-verse therefore bhakti is the best path for all of us in this kali-yug. JAI SHRI KRISHNA

I'am not here to downplay anybodys faith or belief but we must understand that a surpreme being exsist in this multi-verse therefore bhakti is the best path for all of us in this kali-yug. JAI SHRI KRISHNA
There is no *official* best way to reach God. I personally believe Karma-Yog is the best. We are helping our fellow man, which is unselfish, as opposed to Bhakti-Yog.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
'Vipra Bahudha Vadanti', raise hands if you do not believe in this (that won't really be hindu).

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Hinduism is such a beautiful path filled with beautiful people. I wish there was a temple nearby. Just reading Suraj's post caused me to feel the warmth and love your deities have, and made me want to go back to a temple.

And yes, I was under the impression that a key and unique concept within Hinduism is "the Onion," as my professor explained it... Within every persons chosen path, at the core there is the same fundamental elements. Layered around everyones chosen paths to God/Brahman/Enlightenment, there are layers of cultural, ideological, and other various differences that layer it up line an onion. Peel those layers away and we are all on the same page.

Hugs to you all! Thank you so much for sharing Suraj!:hug:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Say beautiful paths (you can choose one which suits you). Thanks for the appreciation. Onion and the layers :).

niranjan

I know this is strange thing to proclaim, and I am surprised as you are, that I am doing it. Sometimes comes these moments where I feel like I've been touched by Sarasvati and she tells me things, things that change my perspectives, things that enliven me. I don't always remember them or stick to them, I end up reverting back to my previous self. So I want to share it while it is still fresh.

Trust me, when you chant his name he fills you with love, tears of joy flow from your eyes, you feel his presence all around you. He is that love in your heart. Just chant his name once with feeling, and see how words just flow from your mouth of pure and ineffable joy, bliss and devotion ---ananda --- See how how those words by themselves become music, music that is so divine that you feel that you have come that bit closer to transcedence. If you could maintain this like the saints of yore you will reach Moksha in no time.

Set yourself some time to do Kirtan or Puja everyday in the temple, do it with feeling, devotion and love and watch how your world becomes filled with loving light. Never utter a bad word to anyone, fill your language with positive words, and your thoughts too will become positive.

This earthly life is to purify us, it is remove all those heavy negative burdens we carry that weigh us down. Our true nature is light, we are transcedentally free birds that want to fly high into the heavens, but are encaged in the bars of our own ego. Let yourself be free by embracing the love that exists in your hearts.

Thanks for the post.I can feel the deep emotion in your words, and deeply respect that. :bow:

GURSIKH

chardi kla
hello niranjan ji ,

your name is very beautiful ,

guru nanak says
[SIZE=+1]ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]जोगु न खिंथा जोगु न डंडै जोगु न भसम चड़ाईऐ ॥[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Yoga is not the patched coat, Yoga is not the walking stick. Yoga is not smearing the body with ashes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]जोगु न मुंदी मूंडि मुडाइऐ जोगु न सिंङी वाईऐ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Yoga is not the ear-rings, and not the shaven head. Yoga is not the blowing of the horn.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]अंजन माहि निरंजनि रहीऐ जोग जुगति इव पाईऐ ॥१॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Anjan māhi niranjan rahī▫ai jog jugaṯ iv pā▫ī▫ai. ||1||[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||1||[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]गली जोगु न होई ॥[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]By mere words, Yoga is not attained.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]एक द्रिसटि करि समसरि जाणै जोगी कहीऐ सोई ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Ėk ḏarisat kar samsar jāṇai jogī kahī▫ai so▫ī. ||1|| rahā▫o.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]One who looks upon all with a single eye, and knows them to be one and the same - he alone is known as a Yogi. ||1||Pause||[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]जोगु न बाहरि मड़ी मसाणी जोगु न ताड़ी लाईऐ ॥[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Yoga is not wandering to the tombs of the dead; Yoga is not sitting in trances.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]जोगु न देसि दिसंतरि भविऐ जोगु न तीरथि नाईऐ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Jog na ḏes disanṯar bẖavi▫ai jog na ṯirath nā▫ī▫ai.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Yoga is not wandering through foreign lands; Yoga is not bathing at sacred shrines of pilgrimage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]अंजन माहि निरंजनि रहीऐ जोग जुगति इव पाईऐ ॥२॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Anjan māhi niranjan rahī▫ai jog jugaṯ iv pā▫ī▫ai. ||2||[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||2||[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]सतिगुरु भेटै ता सहसा तूटै धावतु वरजि रहाईऐ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Saṯgur bẖetai ṯā sahsā ṯūtai ḏẖāvaṯ varaj rahā▫ī▫ai.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Meeting with the True Guru, doubt is dispelled, and the wandering mind is restrained.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]निझरु झरै सहज धुनि लागै घर ही परचा पाईऐ ॥[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Nectar rains down, celestial music resounds, and deep within, wisdom is obtained.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]अंजन माहि निरंजनि रहीऐ जोग जुगति इव पाईऐ ॥३॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Anjan māhi niranjan rahī▫ai jog jugaṯ iv pā▫ī▫ai. ||3||[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||3||[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਨਾਨਕ ਜੀਵਤਿਆ ਮਰਿ ਰਹੀਐ ਐਸਾ ਜੋਗੁ ਕਮਾਈਐ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]नानक जीवतिआ मरि रहीऐ ऐसा जोगु कमाईऐ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Nānak jīvṯi▫ā mar rahī▫ai aisā jog kamā▫ī▫ai.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]O Nanak, remain dead while yet alive - practice such a Yoga.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਵਾਜੇ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਸਿੰਙੀ ਵਾਜੈ ਤਉ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਈਐ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]वाजे बाझहु सिंङी वाजै तउ निरभउ पदु पाईऐ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]vāje bājẖahu sińī vājai ṯa▫o nirbẖa▫o paḏ pā▫ī▫ai.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]When the horn is blown without being blown, then you shall attain the state of fearless dignity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਅੰਜਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਨਿਰੰਜਨਿ ਰਹੀਐ ਜੋਗ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਤਉ ਪਾਈਐ ॥੪॥੧॥੮॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]अंजन माहि निरंजनि रहीऐ जोग जुगति तउ पाईऐ ॥४॥१॥८॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Anjan māhi niranjan rahī▫ai jog jugaṯ ṯa▫o pā▫ī▫ai. ||4||1||8||[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga.

thanx
[/SIZE]

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There are many verses on this in Geeta. Here is one which came to me first:

Yas tu indriyani manasa, niyamyarabhate Arjuna;
Karmendriyaih karma-yogam, asaktah sa visisyate. (Geeta 3.7)

(But one who controls the active senses by the mind and acts without attachment, he is by far superior.)

Last edited:
There is no *official* best way to reach God. I personally believe Karma-Yog is the best. We are helping our fellow man, which is unselfish, as opposed to Bhakti-Yog.
:eek:m:My dear friend if you have ever read the bhagavad gita you will realize that lord krishna states that bhakti is the best path in this age, now if you wish to follow karma-yoga in this age so be it but the fact remains the same, and lord krishna states what is the best path to follow in this last age, i would not think that you would disagree with him out of a form of negativity.:meditate:

:eek:m:My dear friend if you have ever read the bhagavad gita you will realize that lord krishna states that bhakti is the best path in this age, now if you wish to follow karma-yoga in this age so be it but the fact remains the same, and lord krishna states what is the best path to follow in this last age, i would not think that you would disagree with him out of a form of negativity.:meditate:

Many of us believe that for most people Bhakti is the best path. Most of our personalities are more geared to Bhakti then the other Yogas. I am not the sharpest tool in the shead so communion through knowledge would be a very hard path for me to walk on. All of us can Love so for most of us this is the best path. In Hinduism the teaching is that for a few people other yogas are the best. Krishna said good things about both Karma and Jnana Yoga and for some this is the best path. Gandhi was a karma yogi , Swami Vivekanada and Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi were both great Hindus and great yogis who walk the path of Jnana Yoga.The great thing about Hinduism is there is a path for every one.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It depends on the inclination of the person. All paths are valid. It is the goal (undestanding) which is important.

Many of us believe that for most people Bhakti is the best path. Most of our personalities are more geared to Bhakti then the other Yogas. I am not the sharpest tool in the shead so communion through knowledge would be a very hard path for me to walk on. All of us can Love so for most of us this is the best path. In Hinduism the teaching is that for a few people other yogas are the best. Krishna said good things about both Karma and Jnana Yoga and for some this is the best path. Gandhi was a karma yogi , Swami Vivekanada and Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi were both great Hindus and great yogis who walk the path of Jnana Yoga.The great thing about Hinduism is there is a path for every one.
This is so my dear friend, jai shri krsna

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Suraj,

Surely THAT [Bhakti] too is a WAY.

BREATH itself enlivens this body here which hears the Soundless Sound besides find no AKAR of the Soul which is part of that whole.
Love & rgds

Love & rgds