• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hawking still making news.. haunting creationism.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Have you never had a gut feeling and trusted your instinct or do you always follow only what you read of another's opinion?
I score as an extreme iNtuitive on the Myers Briggs scale. It doesn't mean I don't educate myself. The best intuitives gather as much information as possible -- you never know what is going to be the fateful dot in your game of connecting dots. Good intuition without knowledge to work with is absolutely worthless. What intuition does is work with information on an unconscious level -- but the information is still necessary.

pearl

What intuition does is work with information on an unconscious level -- but the information is still necessary.

Knowledge is first and foremost but on today's information highway intuition guides our final decision depending on the particular circumstances.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I believe it was Hawking who said that asking what came before the Big Bang was like asking what was South of the South Pole. :)

Hawking was great Physics. Not so great at theology. God is not a created being. He does not exist within this material universe of space and time. We usually refer to the "there" where he exists as eternity. It has neither location nor time.

Where did you get this information?

* God is not a created being.
* He does not exist within this material universe of space and time.
* We usually refer to the "there" where he exists as eternity.
* It has neither location nor time.

Ive heard it said often but have never heard anything but obfuscation when i asked. Perhaps you could be more forthcoming.

IndigoChild5559

Knowledge is first and foremost but on today's information highway intuition guides our final decision depending on the particular circumstances.
For some people, but not others, and neither way is better than the other. They are simply different. It's like arguing about what color hair is better or what flesh tone is superior.

IndigoChild5559

Where did you get this information?

* God is not a created being.
* He does not exist within this material universe of space and time.
* We usually refer to the "there" where he exists as eternity.
* It has neither location nor time.

Ive heard it said often but have never heard anything but obfuscation when i asked. Perhaps you could be more forthcoming.
I've often heard that parallel lines never meet. It says so in many books of Geometry. But I don't know where they get this information. I've never seen a pair of such lines in my entire life. Where do you suppose they got their information from?

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
I believe it was Hawking who said that asking what came before the Big Bang was like asking what was South of the South Pole. :)

Hawking was great Physics. Not so great at theology. God is not a created being. He does not exist within this material universe of space and time. We usually refer to the "there" where he exists as eternity. It has neither location nor time.
How can anything self aware exist outside of material space time? To be anything it has to occupy space and time even if it is outside of our universe. Even if a God does exist, it would have to play inside the constrainsts of physics like everything else that exists. Anything is not possible, even if we would like to believe it is. If there was another physical universe with physics different from ours it's highly doubtful there could be any crossing over or influence to ours.

IndigoChild5559

How can anything self aware exist outside of material space time? To be anything it has to occupy space and time even if it is outside of our universe. Even if a God does exist, it would have to play inside the constrainsts of physics like everything else that exists.
We clearly have a problem with limited creative imagination here.

IndigoChild5559

Yeah if I wanted to use my creative imagination I would have no problem at all with stories from the Bible, peter pan, or the flying spaghetti monster.
I wouldn't brag. It's a deficit, not different than if you lacked reasoning ability or empathy. The Greats like Einstein had imagination -- it was necessary for the formation of new paradigms. You can develop it if you work at it. It's never too late. Let me know and I can help.

IndigoChild5559

The Myers Briggs scale was invented by two bored housewives.
They didn't have degrees in psychology, by the way.
Perhaps so. But their inventory has the virtue of scoring based on one's own choices, hence the results are accurate. I personally find that the MBTI has me pegged better than ANY other personality assessment I've ever tried, so I'm not going to rush into writing these housewives off.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
I wouldn't brag. It's a deficit, not different than if you lacked reasoning ability or empathy. The Greats like Einstein had imagination -- it was necessary for the formation of new paradigms. You can develop it if you work at it. It's never too late. Let me know and I can help.
Oh pleaze.... Einsteins imagination was scientifically inspired. He kept it within a reasonable reality. That's far from impossible miracles we read about in the Bible. It was Einstein who wondered concerning the universe if God could have created it any other way. He was pondering to the fact that the universe could have only started as we have observed it to start, ala the big bang, and matter to come physically about only as it did starting from the big bang. Reality has boundaries, Imagination does not. That's why the afterlife imagined by most is comforting when dealing with death, especially of a passed loved one. Imagination often escapes us from reality, it gives us is a desired reality, not so much true reality.

IndigoChild5559

Your results may be accurate, but that does not mean the test works. It doesn't. It's pretty easy to understand that.
In order for the test to be inaccurate, the person would have to be answering the questions inacurrately, meaning they don't have an honest assessment of themselves.

IndigoChild5559

Oh pleaze.... Einsteins imagination was scientifically inspired. He kept it within a reasonable reality. That's far from impossible miracles we read about in the Bible. It was Einstein who wondered concerning the universe if God could have created it any other way. He was pondering to the fact that the universe could have only started as we have observed it to start, ala the big bang, and matter to come physically about only as it did starting from the big bang. Reality has boundaries, Imagination does not. That's why the afterlife imagined by most is comforting when dealing with death, especially of a passed loved one. Imagination often escapes us from reality, it gives us is a desired reality, not so much true reality.
I'm simply pointing out that Einstein had an imagination that you degrade as foolish.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
I'm simply pointing out that Einstein had an imagination that you degrade as foolish.
I dont recall me criticizing Einstein's imagination nor do recall him writing any fiction using his imagination. To clarify I dont think being imaginative is foolish, just when used incorrectly to prop up error. Now, I do appreciate some imaginative fiction, expecially science fiction. Love me some Star Trek or Dust shorts. Marvel and DC movies are meh, it gets a little old and stupid.

IndigoChild5559

I dont recall me criticizing Einstein's imagination nor do recall him writing any fiction using his imagination. To clarify I dont think being imaginative is foolish, just when used incorrectly to prop up error. Now, I do appreciate some imaginative fiction, expecially science fiction. Love me some Star Trek or Dust shorts. Marvel and DC movies are meh, it gets a little old and stupid.
Do you remember saying this:
Yeah if I wanted to use my creative imagination I would have no problem at all with stories from the Bible, peter pan, or the flying spaghetti monster.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
Do you remember saying this:
And that's being critical of imagination? Really? I'm failing to see the critical part. I think it was you who was critical replying I had a "limited creative imagination". I replied not criticizing any ones imagination but how I could use it with creative fiction. Maybe I'm seeing it too black and white, maybe I need some color here....:cool: