• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"haven't gone beyond lower earth orbit"

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
They had larger rockets then for the payload - which some are working on now apparently. Presumably they had cameras controlled so as to film the take-off. The lunar module was filmed from the other module? Why didn't the Soviets call the USA out at the time if the conspiracy theorists say they never went? Because undoubtedly they would have known and done so if it was all faked.

Lastly, I was at college when the Apollo 11 mission went to the moon, and we either watched the landing or the moon-walk at college. Can't remember if I was sober enough to tell if it was real or fake though - the usual drinking contests going on - and where our team invariably lost in the finals. :D :D

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

comments, if any?

I don't know if the examples in the video constitute outright admissions that they can't go beyond a lower earth orbit. However, their contention regarding the radiation from the Van Allen Belt has been addressed. Moon landing conspiracy theories - Wikipedia

1. The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation from the Van Allen radiation belt and galactic ambient radiation (see radiation poisoning and health threat from cosmic rays). Some conspiracists have suggested that Starfish Prime (a high-altitude nuclear test in 1962) was a failed attempt to disrupt the Van Allen belts.

• There are two main Van Allen belts – the inner belt and the outer belt – and a transient third belt.[109] The inner belt is the more dangerous one, containing energetic protons. The outer one has less-dangerous low-energy electrons (Beta particles).[110][111] The Apollo spacecraft passed through the inner belt in a matter of minutes and the outer belt in about 1 1⁄2 hours.[111] The astronauts were shielded from the ionizing radiation by the aluminum hulls of the spacecraft.[111][112] Furthermore, the orbital transfer trajectory from Earth to the Moon through the belts was chosen to lessen radiation exposure.[112] Even Dr. James Van Allen, the discoverer of the Van Allen radiation belts, rebutted the claims that radiation levels were too harmful for the Apollo missions.[113] Plait cited an average dose of less than 1 rem (10 mSv), which is equivalent to the ambient radiation received by living at sea level for three years.[114] The total radiation received on the trip was about the same as allowed for workers in the nuclear energy field for a year[111][115] and not much more than what Space Shuttle astronauts received.[110]