• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you met God?

Mikael

Suddenly something "behind" me. And as I turn around, it is the Truth. And it was laughing me right in the face, as the only way to communicate was through my mind, and as my mind is "mine", I was that, and that was I. And a brief, meaningless conversation occured in wich That sort of made clear that it just dropped in to see how I was doing and to confirm my path. I have no doubt that it was real, and I am thankful for the experience. Did it "change my life"? Who could tell? It sure didn´t make me feel that I had to join any specific religion even though it happend on a christian cemetary one damp summers night, and even borrowed the visual form of the closed down church. It was just IT, and that was that.

What a wonderful expereince and I love your wording of the communication :)
Exactly as it is :)

For what its worth I have been very much guided away from Religions and very much guided to "Mind Training"

Raymond Sigrist

raymond sigrist
Well said Mikael and Tonyamendola

Whatever "god" is, it does not seem to care whether we believe in its existence or not. It is not like a human being whose assistence is contingent on how we believe or behave. Whatever it is (illusion, neurological artifact, or god) its love seems to be entirely unconditional. I can realize its love no matter what I think it is. The less I ponder what it is, the more I am open to its love. And so, like Meister Eckhart, "I pray God to be rid of God." (be rid of my ideas of what it is)

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
I met It in myself.
I would say, that "god's" existence is there for any and all who choose to "see" it. It is all around us, all the time but we do not teach ourselves or each other that this is so.
For it is not through our five senses that we experience "god", and to learn other means, is still much frowned upon in far too many places.

"God" does not hide from those who seek to find It. It is not It demanding our mere belief in Its existence; it is man : man, who limits himself to the physical and trusts in nothing else he comes across; man, who must prove to others even such things he himself already knows to be true.

Experiencing “god” requires mainly being open to doing so. One ought not care so much about what man demands; the experience will do away with the need to prove it empirically anyhow, so just give yourself a chance to sense beyond the sensible you are taught to know is there.

Hermit

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Hermit Philosopher,

No one can meet God as only when the seer and the seen becomes one that one IS and the individual is part of that ISNESS. The moment he separates he may have some realization but that is different and should not be claimed as YOU as a seer and the seen were not twp during the happening.

Love & rgds

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Dear Zenzero,
How very well put.

"Meeting" is the wrong word for what I was referring to earlier and I completely agree with your comment above!

Hermit

godrealized

Man who Realized God
Troublemane... when six years of age I was really fascinated by path of truthfulness... do not know why! Whenever I wrote the line... "Following truth in life is the best policy"... I felt extremely happen from within! I inherently started following path of absolute truthfulness so much so that until I realized God in 1993 at 37 years of age... I was still following path of absolute truthfulness!

Since 13 years of age I developed a firm conviction to go after God... see and meet him in this very life! I was prepared to abandon everything even my family in search of God! 25 years of yoga meditation... I finally landed in laps of God... realized God in wee hours of third of August 1993! I had reached the last manifestation in cosmic life cycle!

Having reached end of cosmic life... I had become a pure soul atman! I could have left my body... the mortal frame in 1993 but I continued... followed path of Mahavira... the 24th Tirthankara of Jainism (preceptor)! Mahavira gained enlightenment at age of 42... For full 30 years he continued dispensing wisdom and left the mortal frame at 72 years of age!

My experiences on path of spirituality led me to write above 3000 articles on various websites for benefit of mankind! Since 1993 I am disseminating pearls of wisdom gained on spiritual path! Very recently I have become free of all family responsibilities (my all children well settled). I am in the process of starting a live dialogue on Bhagavad Gita through medium of Internet!

This free for all medium... a live commentary on Bhagavad Gita shloka by shloka (verse by verse) would be something unparalleled in history of mankind! As ordained by God Almighty... I can never charge anything from world community... my all writings on Internet... the coming commentary would be absolutely free of all costs!

godrealized

Man who Realized God
Sunstone... in each and every case as per Bhagavad Gita of Hinduism I stand for our soul atman... the spirit within! We are not a bodily form that has manifested a soul atman... we are in fact a pure consciousness... a soul atman... a spirit that has manifested human form to work out its karma... remove dross impurities within!

The meeting of I... a soul atman with God Almighty is necessitated as that is the ultimate crux of life! Ever since a soul atman separated from its source, God Almighty himself... it desires reaching source at the earliest! The prime purpose of enlightenment (kaivalya jnana) is our soul atman liberating self from cycle of birth and death forever and regaining its lost original pure prime pristine primordial form at the earliest!

Every soul atman manifests human form a maximum of 1.1 million times! In these manifestations human beings are expected to reach stage of enlightenment! Spiritual travel needs time... the prime reason why enlightenment is so difficult to gain! The relationship between I... the soul atman and God Almighty is best explained in Bhagavad Gita of Hinduism!

Wieldthescythe

seeker of knowledge
I always get an awesome sense of something while i am among the forest. Like a feeling of being watched over (not in a creepy way) and being one with all that is around me. Not the most descriptive way of telling haha, but it is hard to describe what is not completely physical.

Last edited:

mikeward62

My mystical experience was so intense - that it climaxed in a complete nervous breakdown - i was diagnosed Bipolar (due to family history) i was 30 yrs old.
I have read about 500 books on mystical experiences, Scripture, etc etc, -
trying to understand what happened to me. I have been stable and working for the last 18 yrs, i take 5mg haliperidol / day - to help me sleep and prevent reoccurance.
I repress my spirital feelings - as my wife doesnt understand and thinks that i may be going nuts again. So i live a double life - outwardly 'so-called' normal - inwardly secretly mystical and concious of the Divine spirit that animates me. I wrote down the details of my experience as i feel it may be ucefull to other seekers/spiritual pilgrims. I believe that Christ has returned - as Bahaullah - and founed the Bahai faith in order to manifest His kingdom on earth. I believe that Bahaullah is God - incarnate and that He is bringing the world into spiritual maturity - no matter how Chaotic things may seem at the moment - I believe that the imanant future for mankind is so incomprehensibly bright - that we'll all need sunglasses. And as for me, well i am just His most unworthy servant - a reed - hollowed out - for His use,
for Him to call into awareness - whosoever He desires - and who He chooses.

Sorry but i cant post the details of my experience here as it is a bit too long.
But you can read it if you google *edit*
I believe that my story could help you in understanding your own experiences.
Gods love to all - Michael :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wmjbyatt

Lunatic from birth
Haven't you read Heinlein? "Thou art God." So yes, I've met God. I can't say how it's affected me, since I've never not been chillin' with the cat.

the_pranjal

Life a Question-Ans Game'
sometime when i become silient, complete silient in speech in mind (thoughts), i feel timelessness just breath in and out and slowly forgot it also and i acheive an intense delight ..... I thing i feel or meet God

budha3

Even though your question on the surface may sound a little obsurd, there are a few instances in the bible where some have come into contact with God. In order to see God one has to come with a pure heart. Matthews 5:8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." When you come to the understanding that a pure heart is a sincere heart, it becomes a litter more clear what is required. The sincere heart that I am refering to is the same type of heart that was displayed by the actor Christpher Reaves in the hit movie "Somewhere In Time" His love for this woman was so "pure" that he proceeded on a pathway to go back in time to see her. I understand that this was a fictional movie, but the basic premise can be seen here. The Bible reafirms this premise by stating :"Seek and ye shall find."