1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Have you ever thought of the Chosen People and the Promised Land?

Discussion in 'Interfaith Discussion' started by Rajinder Nijjhar, Jul 17, 2017.

1. RESOLUTION

RESOLUTION Active Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Religion:
    I am what I am
    It was not Adam who was chosen. It was Isaac the descendant of Abraham, the descendant of Adam,

• Like Like x 1
  2. DavidFirth

DavidFirth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,320
    Religion:
    Christian
    Abram was from Ur of the Chaldees. Got it? I hope so.

3. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,457
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    It's a separation that frankly makes no sense to me either way.

In a sense. From a biodiversity and aesthetic sense Kamchatcka is far superior than either of them.

They at least don't make things easy for you guys. :)

4. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,646
    Do ALL religions stem from the same cosmic telling that we all live on Earth....... ( and will live on Earth )
    I find many religions teach that Earth is just a stepping stone to another realm.
    I find many believe they will be more alive elsewhere after death than before death.
    I believe we live on Earth because according to Psalms 115:16 God gifted Earth to us humans.
    That is why I think Jesus taught that the humble meek people will inherit the 'Earth'.

Just as today sometimes the names of places are changed, thus creating a need for new maps.
    So, the names of some of the rivers of Genesis 2:10-14 are now new names but Euphrates is the same.
    So, the paradisical Garden of Eden had a specific location on Earth.

I think ALL the resurrections that Jesus performed ( bringing people back to life on Earth ) is a preview, or a coming attraction of what Jesus will be doing on a grand global scale during his coming 1,00-year governmental rule over Earth begins. A future happy-and-healthy physical resurrection as Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection........ People living in health on Earth as per Revelation 22:2.

5. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,646
    That separation makes sense because of God's promise to father Abraham at Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18 that we would be blessed through 'Isaac' is why that ancient nation of ancient Israel was chosen to be the only nation in which Messiah (Jesus) would come.
    ALL nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nation(s) according to Revelation 22:2.

6. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,646
    Within the context of the Bible, I find God's chosen people were the ancient Israelites meaning chosen because the chosen promised ' seed ' (offspring/ Messiah) would come through father Abraham and his son Isaac.
    ( found at Genesis 3:15; Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18; Revelation 22:2 )
    The promised Land was a literal location on Earth. A land flowing with milk and honey. Honey meaning a large bee population for a well pollinated land area. That ' Promise Land ' was pictorial of what the whole Earth will be like.
    The whole Earth will become a ' Promised Land ' for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2 when there will be healing for earth's nations, and mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for mankind.

7. Saint Frankenstein

Saint Frankenstein ᛘᛁᛏᚾᛁᚴᚼᛏ᛫ᛋᚢᚾ
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +13,789
    Religion:
    Germanic Folk Revival
    I don't think of those things as they have no place in my beliefs. It seems rather childish.