• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hated religions

Pingu_Pow

I had an interesting debate in my catholic religion class yesterday and wondered what y'all think. Which do you think is the most hated religion. I mean the one that the most people feel the most intense venom for. My teacher said the Jews, because of the holocaust and previous attempts to wipe them out. I'm not so sure, what do you think?

I would have to say the Jews as well. The Jews were oppressed throughout history more than any other religion I can think of.

dan

Islam would be my bet. What would you say is the most hated christian religion?

Lightkeeper

Were the Jews hated for their religion or for other reasons? They were good businessmen. During the holocaust skin and hair color were a big factor.The root of hate is fear. I think I would ask, which religion are we most fearful of? I would hope that most of us are realizing that Islam isn't the problem. The problem is some of the adherents.

dan

The Jews are actually fulfiling prophecy right now in their role as social underdogs. It will be like this until they are once again offered the Gospel by the Lord.

Most people miss the forest for the trees when it comes to religion, that's nothing new. Islam is not a violent religion, but neither is a spoon. Both can be lethal in the wrong hands.

scratch

I think the christian religions are one of the most hated, the crusades wars i mean come on I live in a giant bucket.

Ronald

What Christian Denomination in America, follows it's leader, and loves his Islamic & Jewish neighbor as himself?
When and where Christianity is hated. Why?

Is it because they are obedient to God/Savior/Ghost?

Do they obey anything?

dan said:
The Jews are actually fulfiling prophecy right now in their role as social underdogs. It will be like this until they are once again offered the Gospel by the Lord.

Most people miss the forest for the trees when it comes to religion, that's nothing new. Islam is not a violent religion, but neither is a spoon. Both can be lethal in the wrong hands.

Dan, LOL....I liked your analogy regarding Islam and the spoon and agree with you. I would like to add, however, that the same can be said for any religion, including Christianity and its denominations. The danger, I believe, is when individuals with deep personal religious convictions blur the lines between their Faith and actual known facts and develop an 'us vs. them' mentality which can lead to complete intolerance for others with less conviction or differing beliefs.

jeremy.swenson

i dont think you can say islam is the most hated... it IS based on numbers the most popular religion, although clearly not in western culture.

Preussens_gloria

Religion is a downfall of humankind. God does not exist. There is no proof. How can people believe in a theory? Where are Jesus' remains? LONG LIVE ATHEISM!! DEATH TO JEWS, MUSLIMS, CATHOLICS, BUDDHISTS, AND ABOVE ALL: CHRISTIANS!!!!

jeremy.swenson

I agree with you that religions breed hatred, and as a whole have prevented humanity from acheiving greatness in many forms... however, after your first statement you prove yourself to be irrational, religion has in some cases extended ethical beliefs to people who would otherwise not know them. More dangerous than religions will ever be is another group: those who seek only for their removal. You should also do more research into the beliefs of the people around you (see: Buddhism on belief in God).

Hopefully the others around you will forgiev the fact that your hatred is a detrement to humanity.

Good Day.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Preussens_gloria

woah, take a few deep breaths there....
I guess at least your an equil opertunity hater... got some for everyone ;)

Religion definatly has its ups and downs, but I place the blame for the downs on the leaders of the religions rather than the religions themselves.

I'm not shure I'd classify any religion as more hated than another... more misunderstood would probably be more appropriate.
Every religion is hated by someone as our exuberent friend demonstrated.

wa:do

Lightkeeper

Preussens_gloria said:
Religion is a downfall of humankind. God does not exist. There is no proof. How can people believe in a theory? Where are Jesus' remains? LONG LIVE ATHEISM!! DEATH TO JEWS, MUSLIMS, CATHOLICS, BUDDHISTS, AND ABOVE ALL: CHRISTIANS!!!!
This is hatred in its purist form. This would lead us to believe that hatred is bred by mankind and not religion itself. Man can put his own hatred into religion. Most religions teach love.

dan

civilcynic said:
Dan, LOL....I liked your analogy regarding Islam and the spoon and agree with you. I would like to add, however, that the same can be said for any religion, including Christianity and its denominations. The danger, I believe, is when individuals with deep personal religious convictions blur the lines between their Faith and actual known facts and develop an 'us vs. them' mentality which can lead to complete intolerance for others with less conviction or differing beliefs.

I think the most common error religionists make is that of trying to force their religion upon others. Let every man worship according to the dictates of his own conscience. Whether he be right or wrong is his problem, not mine.

Christ taught tolerance. I respect other religions and I love many of their ideas. I've read the Qur'an, the Baghavad Gita, Lau Tzu, Chuang Tzu; these are amazing pieces of literature. I don't believe they reflect the form of worship God would have us subscribe to, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate their perspective.

(Q)

DEATH TO JEWS, MUSLIMS, CATHOLICS, BUDDHISTS, AND ABOVE ALL: CHRISTIANS!!!!

Killing people only makes the problem worse. Only through education will we see religion going the way of the dodo.

Bryan X

Preussens_gloria said:

Look at you. So much hate, so much anger. You're almost there. Hehehehe