• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has science revealed God?

Can this be construed as God

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. To-date it is the smallest re-occurring thing found in nature.

You have brought no evidence for this claim.

2. Random co-incidence , ummmm maybe, i see this as a way out for people who do not want to believe that we as intelligent creatures could ever find proof of our creator/God.

Again, you have no evidence for your claim.

3. Ego is one thing we all battle with everyday, i want,you want, pride... The tenous proof is there though, if it was not present then why does the media conceal it? When i saw the documentry in 1998-1999 it was claimed it would change the world... as you would expect such a find to do, but this information was suppressed. There is an article on fractal geometry and Benoit Mandelbrot that in not direct words but in inuendo confirms to me that what i have stated is FACT. Fractal Geometry
At first it was hard to believe and i also doubted, but no more as you can tell.:angel2:

I just saw the link. There's no mention of your God-shape. I did notice it's a New Age religious website that tries to associate science with whatever kooky religious ideas they have. FRACTAL CHAOS: the Philosophy of Freedom and Self Determination A website that has a religious agenda is not going to be scientifically trustworthy, but regardless, I looked at the link you provided, and there's no mention to any kind of shape you are describing. Provide evidence or admit you made this up because I don't think anyone with average intelligence will be stupid enough to buy into this snake-oil.

ogmios

Man on a mission
Well said Zenzero, each to their beliefs or non beliefs, existance is proof of something...right?

ogmios

Man on a mission
My point was not to contend your specific point of view on the fractal art is an image of God, merely contending the "undeniable and irrefutable" evidence part. Granted, the evidence you have presented may be true (for now), but only insofar as science today has told us. Newtonian physics, was once considered truth, but now is replaced by newer better Quantum Mechanical models. My point is, unless you know all past, present, and future (probabilistically, HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely, even under the assumption God does, in fact, exist), you cannot make the definitive, absolute claim that the fractal art presented is the smallest PERIOD, as the future, with better technology and (hopefully) more high evolved versions of us homo sapiens, could very discover further smaller infinities or develop more accurate and better iterations of the Mandelbrot set (i.e. a Quantum Mechanics or superstring theory version of the Mandelbrot).

Also, I would be highly surprised that the documentary you are referencing was suppressed, given the extent of influence of the Catholic church (the catholic chruch is more powerful politically the scientists) if it were in fact, "irrefutable proof."
If infinity small has already been proven then how can another infinity be proved, regardless of how far science and technology progress?
I have been searching to buy the documentry for the last 10 years and cannot find it anywhere. I have contacted the ABC and they do not list it as one of their documentries. I know of another person from another FORUM "Bassmann22" who has seen the video, he is also looking for it. Unless I am looking in the wrong places it has been suppressed, admittedly it is an outragous claim, but one I make with humility in hope mankind listens, so we can all live a better life.:angel2:

camanintx

The Mandelbrot was found in a leaf, and is found in ALL NATURAL THINGS.

:no:

The Mandelbrot set was found in a computer algorithm applied to the mathematical representation of a photograph containing the image of a leaf. Before you can say that the Mandelbrot set originated with the leaf itself, wouldn't you have to show that it could not have come from any of the others?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm not sure a computer program can teach us to live a better life.
I think that is up to us as individuals to learn for ourselves.

wa:do

ogmios

Man on a mission
Painted Wolf, You are totally correct, computers are there to assist us in the procurement of knowledge, how we choose to apply that knowledge reflects our ability of understanding. If all humans were to understand everything they learnt we would be a much more advanced race of beings.:run:On this it leaves us something to look forward to. What I dont get is why there are still wars, why there is continued discent on the planet. Have we learnt anything from our history???
If there was a light switch to turn humanity on should we all not seek that switch? so we could all get on with living, no fear, no pain, no suffering?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Physics deserves its title as "The language of God".

Still I think God is to clever to be so easily pinned down... especially by pattern seeking, faulty wired minds like ours.

ogmios

Man on a mission
Why would God not want us find find evidence of him/her?
Could it be possible that God has planned this all out in advance? I do believe that is the case.
I believe God has withheld the information until this time as we as humans could not have come to terms with his/her revealing prior to this. We humans have intellectually evolved enough to consider/understand God's "being", this revealing is a prelude to something... what? i am not entirely sure, but there is soon to be an alignment in the cosmos that only happens every 26,000 years... what next... some religions believe the coming of Christ is at hand, others are claiming the end-days are here, me I believe a wonderful event will occur... a simultaneos enlightenment where all humans cannot deny God any longer... all humans, good, bad, indifferent and that mankind will finally live in peace, harmony and joy... we can only wait and see.

ogmios

Man on a mission
Why should God advertise?

Faith isn't built on evidence.

True, but some have no faith and require evidence, and even when evidence is presented they still doubt, initially... but if they search for understanding they will recieve it. Just ask God, when that voice in your head says... It is so, then rejoice, do not battle with your higher self, that is the smarter side of you. We humans need to learn to go with the flow... denial is a horrible thing, it steals our joy and put's conflict within us.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Or God could just stand up and wave and be done with it...

But that isn't going to happen.

God (if its out there) stays mum, no postcards, no signatures... The human mind is rigged to see patterns in everyday things (a la the holy toast) that is why we love looking at clouds all day.
It doesn't mean that the clouds actually look like anything, but we fill in the gaps to see what we want to see, rather than what is actually there.
... vapor.

ogmios

Man on a mission
Or God could just stand up and wave and be done with it...

But that isn't going to happen.

God (if its out there) stays mum, no postcards, no signatures... The human mind is rigged to see patterns in everyday things (a la the holy toast) that is why we love looking at clouds all day.
It doesn't mean that the clouds actually look like anything, but we fill in the gaps to see what we want to see, rather than what is actually there.
... vapor.

How do you know God is not going to stand up and wave?
If God "stays mum" about it how come there are so many believers without actually seeing God?
Sure we humans see what we want to in things, but that vapour in the clouds is God, and so is the earth, and mountains and the air you breathe. God is in all natural things, including you and I. Science has proven it to me.:beach:

ogmios

Man on a mission
Aren't you the guy peddling Bible Codes elsewhere in this forum. Forgive me, but that doesn't speak highly for your standards of proof or, I imagine, your grasp of science.
And how exactly does it not speak highly of my standards of proof and grasp of science? Science as we know it has been around for what 500, 600 years, lets say 1000 or even 2000 years, the hebrew texts to which the encoding is found is 4000+ years. Tell me something else as well jaywalker who did you get your knowledge from... was it from texts? and how old are the texts you learnt from? This post is about proof of God, what better source could we have than texts handed to man from God? Texts that have a code in them? Texts that are alive?