• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has science revealed God?

Can this be construed as God

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ogmios

Man on a mission
Science has determined via Fractal Geometry that infinity small exists and that the
smallest re-occurring shape they can find, looks similar to our human shape.

(man made in God's image???)
Then they took 5 basic life principles found in all living things, and applied them; with the use of a computer, to this shape, and the computer comes up with photographic quality pictures of animals, coastlines, plants, fish, mountain ranges, stellar constellations, every day things in our lives and in nature, would we be able to say that all living things have the same basic fabric?
We have been told that we are made in God's image, Is this proof of that?
I open this question to anyone to comment on. I am passing on what has come before my eye's and I will say that my logic tells me this is the basic fabric of all life in the universe. This has caused me to stop and think. What are your views about this?

If I have been unclear in the description of my understanding it just shows how complex it is to prove that God exists. This is the best I can come up with.
I will do my best to clarify any Questions anyone has.:angel2:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
There is an infinite amount of fractals...
I am very much interrested in a link to this though :)

Besides, if science would really reveal God, don't you think it would be acceptd just as hard as evolution?

Dunemeister

Science has determined via Fractal Geometry that infinity small exists and that the
smallest re-occurring shape they can find, looks similar to our human shape.

(man made in God's image???)
Then they took 5 basic life principles found in all living things, and applied them; with the use of a computer, to this shape, and the computer comes up with photographic quality pictures of animals, coastlines, plants, fish, mountain ranges, stellar constellations, every day things in our lives and in nature, would we be able to say that all living things have the same basic fabric?
I open this question to anyone to comment on. I am passing on what has come before my eye's and I will say that my logic tells me this is the basic fabric of all life in the universe. This has caused me to stop and think. What are your views about this?

If I have been unclear in the description of my understanding it just shows how complex it is to prove that God exists. This is the best I can come up with.
I will do my best to clarify any Questions anyone has.:angel2:

I'm unsure THIS PARTICULAR bit of science proves God exists. I think that nature as a whole demonstrates certain of God's characteristics -- majesty, creativity, intelligence, sovereignty, for instance -- but I'm not so sure this piece of scientific evidence could prove that humans are created in God's image.

Hexaqua_David(II)

I think that nature as a whole demonstrates certain of God's characteristics -- majesty, creativity, intelligence, sovereignty, for instance -- but I'm not so sure this piece of scientific evidence could prove that humans are created in God's image.

In your opinion, what piece(s) of evidence could?

camanintx

Sorry, but the recurring shape is created by a mathematical algorithm programed into the computer and does not come from the photo itself. You should have realized this when you claimed that the computer could not find the absolute smallest shape within the photograph of the leaf. No Photograph can capture detail smaller than the film grain itself.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I rather expect that the high priests of Madison Avenue beat the scientists to it.

Exhibit 1:

michelin_man.gif

Exhibit 2:

pillsbury_boy.jpg

In regards to the Op, I think it is more indicative of the fact that some people have very active imaginations rather than being so-called "evidence" of god.

ogmios

Man on a mission
There is an infinite amount of fractals...
I am very much interrested in a link to this though :)

Besides, if science would really reveal God, don't you think it would be acceptd just as hard as evolution?
Yes it will, they have concealed this truth though, they called it the Mammograph set and I can not find it anywhere, to me it is strange that they have made such a discovery and now they hide it, Why? I find that when something is hidden there must be some truth to it!

Hexaqua_David(II)

Yes it will, they have concealed this truth though, they called it the Mammograph set and I can not find it anywhere, to me it is strange that they have made such a discovery and now they hide it, Why? I find that when something is hidden there must be some truth to it!

Isn't mammography to do with breasts? =S

ogmios

Man on a mission
Sorry, but the recurring shape is created by a mathematical algorithm programed into the computer and does not come from the photo itself. You should have realized this when you claimed that the computer could not find the absolute smallest shape within the photograph of the leaf. No Photograph can capture detail smaller than the film grain itself.
Ok then, so if we take that mathematical algorithm and apply 5 basic life principles to it and it gives us photographic quality pictures(which is what they did) what does the algorithm say?
I find it strange that that algorithm comes up with photo's of nature and that It somewhat resembles our human shape.

ogmios

Man on a mission
I think our moral qualities provide evidence that we're created in God's image. It's the fact that we are creatures who think and act in moral terms. Perhaps also our creative qualities might point in that direction, too.
You are right, our morals are part of what makes us humans but our morals cannot be directly related to claiming that God exists, they are more tangable to faith. Mankind needs a visual-tangable source. Also some people who have a different set of morals can argue that their morals are right and that their morals tell them that God is not real and cannot exist, would you not agree?

Dunemeister

You are right, our morals are part of what makes us humans but our morals cannot be directly related to claiming that God exists, they are more tangable to faith. Mankind needs a visual-tangable source. Also some people who have a different set of morals can argue that their morals are right and that their morals tell them that God is not real and cannot exist, would you not agree?

We are the only creature that uses morals and ethics. We're the only creature that worry about such things as life after death. I suggest that these things point to our being created in the image of God. God sets the standards and makes us aware of them (even if vaguely) through conscience. That's part of what it means to be made in the image of God. Even if a person's ethics tell them that atheism is true, ironically, that doesn't deflect the force of this argument. For that person, by my lights, is in touch with an ethical standard. If that standard is simply the atheist's invention, then it's of no interest to me, and certainly doesn't bear on the objective issue of God's existence. If that standard is objective, then its source must be something independent of the atheist's opinion. I suggest a divine source is the best explanation for that. Therefore, it's ridiculous for the atheist (or anyone else) to argue that their objective morality proves God doesn't exist. It's just weird.

camanintx

You are thinking of the Mandelbrot Set, and nobody is hiding them.

Ok then, so if we take that mathematical algorithm and apply 5 basic life principles to it and it gives us photographic quality pictures(which is what they did) what does the algorithm say?
I find it strange that that algorithm comes up with photo's of nature and that It somewhat resembles our human shape.

Fractals are created by repeatedly applying a mathematical function to some initial value. Our bodies are formed by repeatedly applying the same natural laws as our cells divide over and over. I would find it strange if they didn't somehow resemble each other.

ogmios

Man on a mission
We are the only creature that uses morals and ethics. We're the only creature that worry about such things as life after death. I suggest that these things point to our being created in the image of God. God sets the standards and makes us aware of them (even if vaguely) through conscience. That's part of what it means to be made in the image of God. Even if a person's ethics tell them that atheism is true, ironically, that doesn't deflect the force of this argument. For that person, by my lights, is in touch with an ethical standard. If that standard is simply the atheist's invention, then it's of no interest to me, and certainly doesn't bear on the objective issue of God's existence. If that standard is objective, then its source must be something independent of the atheist's opinion. I suggest a divine source is the best explanation for that. Therefore, it's ridiculous for the atheist (or anyone else) to argue that their objective morality proves God doesn't exist. It's just weird.
Very weird, and their refusal to accept any notion that there is a God is their resistance to the truth. Why should anyone resist the truth? It would be much easier to accept it and live an untormented life. People inflict pain and doubts on themselves...about something that is way beyond their control. I do not resist and I move forward, and grow.