• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harsh Truth: If Intelligent Design is Untestable . . .

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Why should words from the Bible count as evidence, or hold any weight at all? Especially in light of empirical evidence to the contrary.
Explain to me the empirical evidence of molecules to man. Show me the empirical evidence of the missing links that you guys been searching ever since. Nothing comes out of nothing. Your evidence of nothing can only produce nothing or produce frauds.

outhouse

Atheistically
Nothing comes out of nothing

Define nothing. :rolleyes:

But Abiogenesis never states nothing came from nothing, that is a fallacy many theist use in error

Your evidence of nothing can only produce nothing or produce frauds.

PROVIDE CREDIBLE SOURCES.

Because all credible sources say evolution is fact.

We agree that the following evidence-based facts about the origins and evolution of the Earth and of life on this planet have been established by numerous observations and independently derived experimental results from a multitude of scientific disciplines. Even if there are still many open questions about the precise details of evolutionary change, scientific evidence has never contradicted these results:
  1. In a universe that has evolved towards its present configuration for some 11 to 15 billion years, our Earth formed approximately 4.5 billion years ago.
  2. Since its formation, the Earth – its geology and its environments – has changed under the effect of numerous physical and chemical forces and continues to do so.
  3. Life appeared on Earth at least 2.5 billion years ago. The evolution, soon after, of photosynthetic organisms enabled, from at least 2 billion years ago, the slow transformation of the atmosphere to one containing substantial quantities of oxygen. In addition to the release of the oxygen that we breathe, the process of photosynthesis is the ultimate source of fixed energy and food upon which human life on the planet depends.
  4. Since its first appearance on Earth, life has taken many forms, all of which continue to evolve, in ways which palaeontology and the modern biological and biochemical sciences are describing and independently confirming with increasing precision. Commonalities in the structure of the genetic code of all organisms living today, including humans, clearly indicate their common primordial origin.

Parsimony

Did you know that the word "Behemoth" is plural? We all have collagen. Gravity pulls us down really quick if we don’t have enough collagen.
Of course we all have collagen. What does that have to do with whether the behemoth was a dinosaur or not?
The phenocryst minerals gave different ages. The question is, if all the phenocryst minerals were tested by K-Ar dating method and gave different ages, then how accurate are the ages from different lava flows around the world using K-Ar dating method?
Xenocrysts have different properties from the parent rock they are contained in. This allows them to be identified if they are present. Dates derived from homogenous samples (which do not contain xenocrysts) can therefore be taken as accurate.
Iron particles is one of the many excuses of the evolutionists.
Did you read the article? They performed an experiment that demonstrated that iron can act as a preservative. Iron was also found in the fossil. It's not an excuse, it's been tested.
You should watch this video and see it yourself why Dr. Horner refused to test it with 14C.
I'll take a look at it later as I don't have time right now. Feel free to summarize it if you so wish to.
Where did you learn this? Because they have sharp teeth and claws and watching too much sci-fi and Jurassic Park, the natural thinking therefore should be, they all eat meat. Did you see them eating meat, beside watching TV, your favorite pastime? Where is your proof? I do have proof the dinosaurs eat grass. Here we go again.
Since when does a vague verse speaking of an unidentified animal count as proof that all dinosaurs were herbivores? You might as well argue that a verse about cows eating grass is proof that all mammals are herbivores.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Explain to me the empirical evidence of molecules to man. Show me the empirical evidence of the missing links that you guys been searching ever since. Nothing comes out of nothing. Your evidence of nothing can only produce nothing or produce frauds.
You've been shown empirical evidence of the fossil record.

How about answering my question.

Shad

Veteran Member
The description of the BEHEMOTH is as literal as it can be. Have not proven anything with any dating methods, the millions and billions of years. All you have are nothing but theories.

Theories have evidence is support and have not be falsified. If you are going to use the word at least know what it means in context. Due to your own ignorance you just said my view has evidence while yours does not.

If I describe an elephant I would probably use a tree to describe the height. I did not say 130 feet but it can grow up to 130 feet.

This does not mean the tail is that length. A cedar can be anywhere from a seedling, sapling to an length to a maximum. You only picked 130 as it matches dinosaurs rather than going by what the verse says. The same applies to a "tree". Also notice how you provide the parameter of height while the verse does not.

A tendon (or sinew) is a tough band of fibrous connective tissue that usually connects muscle to bone[1] and is capable of withstanding tension. Tendons are similar to ligaments and fasciae; all three are made of collagen.

“The sinews of his thighs are knit together.” The T-rex’s femur or thigh is where they found the tissue or collagen/sinew. Do you think this is just a coincidence, or it’s God’s work?

Congradulations you can quote a wiki. Too bad most animals with legs have sinews. Sinew was uses much like elastic bands, these could hold tension then be released as a force. Sinew was used for many weapons from bows to ballista. Your verse just describe somethings very common and easy to observe... Again due to your ignorance you assume sinew is only about dinosaurs. We all have sinew, you, I and every other member of RF, its called tendons...

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

"we have no direct evidence of smooth transitions" Gould

"It's as if they [fossils] were planted there with no evolutionary history" Dawkins

outhouse

Atheistically
"we have no direct evidence of smooth transitions" Gould

"It's as if they [fossils] were planted there with no evolutionary history" Dawkins

Quote mining out of context is a sign of severe desperation in a debate.

We have many smooth transitions.

And the other was pathetically out of context.

I notice you steering clear of facts and academia, another sign of desperation in a debate.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Quote mining again, I see. And after you've been corrected countless times.
Do you enjoy being dishonest?

let me expand on that quote if it helps with context,

"In the Cambrian strata of rocks, vintage about 600 million years (evolutionists are now dating the beginning of the Cambrian at about 530 million years), are the oldest in which we find most of the major invertebrate groups. And we find many of them already in an advanced state of evolution, the very first time they appear. It is as though they were just planted there, without any evolutionary history."

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"In the Cambrian strata of rocks, vintage about 600 million years (evolutionists are now dating the beginning of the Cambrian at about 530 million years), are the oldest in which we find most of the major invertebrate groups. And we find many of them already in an advanced state of evolution, the very first time they appear. It is as though they were just planted there, without any evolutionary history."
What of the fossils we have found that show perfect evolutionary history? Or what of the fossils of vertebra that were found dating prior to the cambrian explosion in different digs? It seems like your betting a whole lot on very very little.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Iron particles is one of the many excuses of the evolutionists. You should watch this video and see it yourself why Dr. Horner refused to test it with 14C.

Bob Enyart calls Jack Horner about carbon dating a T-rex fossil

Thank you for sharing this video. It was hilarious. The guy asking him to do the test just doesn't get that you can't do the test on something like this. And if you did you would get all kinds of random answers. I think he was pretty smart to deny the test. The amount of money that it would get would simply not be worth it for some creationist group to try and use whatever numbers come up, even if they are obviously wrong, as some kind of argument against evolution. That damage to the education of Americans and the rest of the world couldn't simply be counterbalanced by 10k to a single museum.

Its like refusing to negotiate with terrorists.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Where did you learn this? Because they have sharp teeth and claws and watching too much sci-fi and Jurassic Park, the natural thinking therefore should be, they all eat meat. Did you see them eating meat, beside watching TV, your favorite pastime? Where is your proof? I do have proof the dinosaurs eat grass. Here we go again.
JOB 40:15 “Behold now, Behemoth, which I made as well as you; He eats grass like an ox.

Hebrew word behe.mah' is understood to denote a great beast or huge beast.
In the Greek Septuagint the word ' the.ri'a ' is used for wild beast and generally considered or translated as: hippopotamus.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

Yes, which Darwin explained 150 years ago - there is a whole chapter on it. It also takes place over several hundred million years - rather longer than you think the universe existed.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
What of the fossils we have found that show perfect evolutionary history? Or what of the fossils of vertebra that were found dating prior to the cambrian explosion in different digs? It seems like your betting a whole lot on very very little.

what do you think would be the best example of perfect evolutionary history?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

That's not going to work on me, I've actually read his book. I've even provided the context to this quote for you before, probably more than once. And you're still misquoting it. Maybe it's all you have, I don't know.