• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Passover

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
what ever happened to Passover being on the fullmoon closest to the spring equalnocks
I've never heard this. As far as I know, it starts on the first full moon of the Hebrew month of Nisan, not the first full moon closest to the equinox.

You may be confusing this with Easter, which is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
This was on my fb feed this morning and I found it very meaningful:

In each one of us there is an Egypt and a Pharaoh and a Moses and Freedom in a Promised Land. And every point in time is an opportunity for another Exodus.

Egypt is a place that chains you to who you are, constraining you from growth and change. And Pharaoh is that voice inside that mocks your gambit to escape, saying, “How could you attempt being today something you were not yesterday? Aren’t you good enough just as you are? Don’t you know who you are?”

Moses is the liberator, the infinite force deep within, an impetuous and all-powerful drive to break out from any bondage, to always transcend, to connect with that which has no bounds.

But Freedom and the Promised Land are not static elements that lie in wait. They are your own achievements which you may create at any moment, in any thing that you do, simply by breaking free from whoever you were the day before.

Last Passover you may not have yet begun to light a candle. Or some other mitzvah still waits for you to fulfill its full potential. This year, defy Pharaoh and light up your world. With unbounded light.

Rabbi Tzvi Freeman

Chag Pesach Sameach! To All <3

cataway

I've never heard this. As far as I know, it starts on the first full moon of the Hebrew month of Nisan, not the first full moon closest to the equinox.

You may be confusing this with Easter, which is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.
then i should ask, how do you calculate when Passover is to be observed ?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
ok you have a calendar . someone made that for you saying when is . what if you don't have a calendar ? you do have the equinox, you do have the full moon .
How do you know when the equinox is if you don't have a calendar or a clock? ;)

which full moon is the passover ?
The pink moon, also known as the Passover moon.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
what ever happened to Passover being on the fullmoon closest to the spring equalnocks [sic]
I think you are somewhat misinformed. Pesach is on the 14th day of the first month after the equinox, the month beginning on the new moon. If the equinox was on March 19, then the first sighting of the new moon was April 9, so Nissan 1 was April 9. The 14th day of that month would be April 22 (the 14 of Nissan beginning at sunset on that day).

Last edited: