• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Dipavali, everyone!!

[youtube]SBAd4AYA0HQ[/youtube]
YouTube - Happy Diwali 2010

Happy Dipavali to everyone! This is one of the few Holy Days that everyone all around the world celebrates, regardless of cultural background, religious affiliation or geographic location.

As a Vaishnava, I can revel in the pastimes of Krishna defeating the demonic king Narakasura and saved all the princesses who are to become Krishna's own, as well as His heroic feat at Govardhana Hill, when He lifted up the Hill with His own pinky. And of course, the most important event of all, is when our Lord Ramachandra came back with Sitadevi to His Kingdom of Ayodhya.

There is nothing more blessed than celebrating Diwali, where everyone celebrates the light over the darkness, and puts aside their religious differences to feast in love and charity.

May you all be blessed by the Supreme Divinity on this auspicious occasion! :)

Wannabe Yogi

[youtube]SBAd4AYA0HQ[/youtube]
YouTube - Happy Diwali 2010

Happy Dipavali to everyone! This is one of the few Holy Days that everyone all around the world celebrates, regardless of cultural background, religious affiliation or geographic location.

As a Vaishnava, I can revel in the pastimes of Krishna defeating the demonic king Narakasura and saved all the princesses who are to become Krishna's own, as well as His heroic feat at Govardhana Hill, when He lifted up the Hill with His own pinky. And of course, the most important event of all, is when our Lord Ramachandra came back with Sitadevi to His Kingdom of Ayodhya.

There is nothing more blessed than celebrating Diwali, where everyone celebrates the light over the darkness, and puts aside their religious differences to feast in love and charity.

May you all be blessed by the Supreme Divinity on this auspicious occasion! :)

My tradition celebrates the night of Kali Puja the night before Diwali. This night is the celebration of the Death of the Ego. We do a Puja at mid night then homa. The next day is Diwali the coming of the light or the day the Lord Rama came back to Ayodhya. I guess the Ideal is first the ego dies then the Lord comes. These two holidays are my favorite.