• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hangover cure?

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have an excellent preventative measure. It's called not drinking.
Mine is even better: do drink, but drink slowly, be aware of how much you have had, and if you drink anything stronger than beer, have a glass of water every so often as you go. Best of all is to drink with food, over a long evening.

One of the issues is that alcohol takes time to have its effect. If you drink fast, you don't realise how much effect it is going to have, until you have had more than you should - and then you go on getting more and more drunk for a quite a while after you have stopped: a recipe for disaster.

I found out my comfortable alcohol limit when I was at university and it has kept me out of serious trouble ever since.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Mine is even better: do drink, but drink slowly, be aware of how much you have had, and if you drink anything stronger than beer, have a glass of water every so often as you go. Best of all is to drink with food, over a long evening.

One of the issues is that alcohol takes time to have its effect. If you drink fast, you don't realise how much effect it is going to have, until you have had more than you should - and then you go on getting more and more drunk for a quite a while after you have stopped: a recipe for disaster.

I found out my comfortable alcohol limit when I was at university and it has kept me out of serious trouble ever since.
I am one of those people who got ridiculous hangovers that would last 3 days or more. I did try quite a few preventative methods, none of which worked very well.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I am one of those people who got ridiculous hangovers that would last 3 days or more. I did try quite a few preventative methods, none of which worked very well.
You may be one of those that does not have a very active aldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme, then. Did you get a flushed face (i.e. red, or dark, in the face) when you drank alcohol?

That happened to a lot of Japanese I knew through work. It seems to be a feature of many people with Asian ancestry. The one good thing about going out social drinking after work in Japan, if you are European, is that they will need to stop long before you do. (The absolute worst place, by contrast, is Russia. My God, those Russians.............)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You may be one of those that does not have a very active aldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme, then. Did you get a flushed face (i.e. red, or dark, in the face) when you drank alcohol?

That happened to a lot of Japanese I knew through work. It seems to be a feature of many people with Asian ancestry. The one good thing about going out social drinking after work in Japan, if you are European, is that they will need to stop long before you do. (The absolute worst place, by contrast, is Russia. My God, those Russians.............)
Yeah, I was convinced it was metabolic.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Yerda

Veteran Member
Guys, what’s your go to hangover cure?
Coffee?
McDonalds?
Your local fast food?
Just drowning yourself in water or Powerade?
100 burgers?
Whatever yours is, let me know
Mine is a bacon and egg McMuffin lol
Cliche maybe but I’m lazy so eh
Water and more sleep usually does it for me. If I have a few too many I try to guzzle a pint of water before bed, and if I wake up rough I have another pint of water and another hour or two of sleep. This sorts all but the worst hangovers. There's no cure for those - but I tend to eat a lot of junk and drink lots of sugary stuff. Again sleep helps.