• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hands up who believes in the Trinity!

Ronald

Since trinity is based on the divine(i. e. Jesus is divine/divinity)
Divine in Hebrew is spelled Noon Ches Shin. Pronounced naw khash. (meaning enchanter)
We come to Greek and the word is now turned upside down and is Theios.(meaning Godhead)
The serpent is spelled noon ches shin in Hebrew. Isn't it very (Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!)!

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The Bible does proffer the dogma of "Trinity". The concept is purely man's so I won't pledge any allegience to it.

However, much of what the Trinitarians believe is based deeply in scripture and beyond reproach.

God IS.

So is Jesus.

So is the Spirit.

They are impossible to fully comprehend in this life time.

I am "OK" with that.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
NetDoc said:
The Bible does proffer the dogma of "Trinity". The concept is purely man's so I won't pledge any allegience to it.

However, much of what the Trinitarians believe is based deeply in scripture and beyond reproach.

God IS.

So is Jesus.

So is the Spirit.

I am "OK" with that.
Now I got a song in my head, as sung by Robert Palmer, with the words 'Doctor, Doctor, give me the news, I've got a bad case of The Trinity Blues... :D

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
NetDoc said:

God IS.

So is Jesus.

So is the Spirit.

I am "OK" with that.

I second that opinion :)

dan

NetDoc said:

God IS.

So is Jesus.

So is the Spirit.

I am "OK" with that.
Where does everyone get the idea that they are impossible to fully comprehend in this life?

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
NetDoc said:
God

Isaiah 55:8-9 (New International Version)

http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/?action=getVersionInfo&vid=31
New International Version (NIV) Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Go NetDoc :jiggy:
Go NetDoc :jiggy:
Go NetDoc :woohoo:

Sorry Scott, just had to do it hahaha..I just thought it was hilarious when I saw you saying this elsewhere... :biglaugh:

Ronald

Glasgowchick, you skipped this and I would like a comment.
Since trinity is based on the divine(i. e. Jesus is divine/divinity)
Divine in Hebrew is spelled Noon Ches Shin. Pronounced naw khash. (meaning enchanter)
We come to Greek and the word is now turned upside down and is Theios.(meaning Godhead)
The serpent is spelled noon ches shin in Hebrew. Isn't it very (Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!)!
Is Jesus a serpent or is the serpent the Godhead?

Scuba Pete

What kind of comment are you looking for? You are comparing Greek with Hebrew? Find a Hebrew and Greek scholar.

In Jesus the fulness of God dwelled in bodily form. Jesus was God's presence among us. Can we begin to understand this? Just barely.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
NetDoc said:
What kind of comment are you looking for? You are comparing Greek with Hebrew? Find a Hebrew and Greek scholar.

In Jesus the fulness of God dwelled in bodily form. Jesus was God's presence among us. Can we begin to understand this? Just barely.
I look at it this way. Our kids wants a new toy. You tell them no, you can't afford it right now. They see you buy other things. They can't really understand why you can't afford it. You can, but they can't. Once they mature, they will understand. We are God's children. Once we mature, and we are with God, then we will understand.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Case in point. My wife was trying to teach our daughter, age 6 at this time, the 10 Commandments. When we got her to repeat them, when she got to the Sabbath, she said that was the day God got arrested. :) Images of God in handcuffs ran through my head!

Ronald

NetDoc said:

The word DIVINE in English, whether it is Enchanter or God Head. Come on Doc, do you need some more schooling to see the difference.
(Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!)!

Certainly you can see the word divine is a problem. In Hebrew it is evil, in Greek it is good.

Scuba Pete

Ronald,

Just call me stupid.

I tend to believe the scriptures and am not sure why you insist on pushing this "divine revelation". Why is the Hebrew of any consequence here? I can't even find "divine" or "divinity" in the NIV.

Philippians 2:6 By nature, Jesus is GOD.

Colossians 2:9 In Jesus the FULLNESS of God DWELLS in bodily form

God is pan-dimensional and Jesus is his physical incarnation. Just because you can't understand it does not make it true.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
IacobPersul said:
You misunderstand. We do know of the nature of God because it was revealed to the Apostles and through them to the Church, that doesn't mean that that truth must be easily comprehensible - it isn't. The revealed nature of God taught in the Church from the beginning was Trinitarian (even before the term Trinity was coined). I can show you this from early Church Fathers as far back as St. Ignatios of Antioch, but if you don't accept that that's how to interpret Scripture you're unlikely to accept Patristic arguments either.
Hi, James.

I like that name, by the way. My Dad was a James (who went by "Jim"); my son is also a James, and goes by "James."

If you can actually quote Ignatius and show that his viewpoint on the nature of God was the same as is described in the Creeds (especially the Nicene and Athanasian Creeds), I would love to hear you. I'll be watching for references to the "essence" or "substance" of God.

Kathryn

We hear over and over again that the Trinity cannot be understood. This would be fine, except that the consequences of not "understanding" the Trinity the traditionalist way has tremendous consequences, and basing eternal damnation on something that cannot be rationally understood is subject to at the least doubt, at the worst perversion.

1 Timothy 2:5
"For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

sry if this has already been posted >.<

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Hirohito18200 said:
We hear over and over again that the Trinity cannot be understood. This would be fine, except that the consequences of not "understanding" the Trinity the traditionalist way has tremendous consequences, and basing eternal damnation on something that cannot be rationally understood is subject to at the least doubt, at the worst perversion.
I understand why under your 'Religion' tag you have confused, because now I'm confused on exactly what you are trying to say. :)

jgallandt said:
I understand why under your 'Religion' tag you have confused, because now I'm confused on exactly what you are trying to say. :)
nice quip /sigh
I'll clarify for you. The doctrine of the Trinity needs to be explained fully, unlike what many have said, because a large number of people have been killed/damned to hell because they did not agree with what the councils said. This is still a huge issue today. I'm making the point that something should not require so much extrapolation if it is as piviotol to the faith as the trinity.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Hirohito18200 said:
nice quip /sigh
I'll clarify for you. The doctrine of the Trinity needs to be explained fully, unlike what many have said, because a large number of people have been killed/damned to hell because they did not agree with what the councils said. This is still a huge issue today. I'm making the point that something should not require so much extrapolation if it is as piviotol to the faith as the trinity.
I believe the doctrine is explained, it's the part where you have 3 entities, but only one. We can kind of grasp that, but not fully understand. It's like space goes on for ever. We know this but we truely cannot understand this. Or time has always been here. We, our brains, cannot fully deal with that