• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

H.R. 3401: ESAHASSB Act of 2019

Terry Sampson

Full title of the Act:
H.R. 3401: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Act, 2019

Source: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Act, 2019 (H.R. 3401)

My purpose:
  • To collect and publish substantial historical facts regarding H.R. 3401,
  • To bore as many people as I can and confirm my personal theory regarding "truth in the media" which is that humans like it brief and simple, the briefer and simpler, the more it's liked; although there are a lot of folks who don't like any at all because it just confuses them.
Screenshot_2019-07-02 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations.png

Terry Sampson

• History
    Jun 21, 2019

Introduced
    Bills and resolutions are referred to committees which debate the bill before possibly sending it on to the whole chamber.

Clicking on "View Text" takes us to:
Screenshot_2019-07-02 Text of H R 3401 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations.png

Clicking on "Summary" above takes us to:

Screenshot_2019-07-02 Summary of H R 3401 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations.png

Terry Sampson

Ahhh! I forgot to post information regarding the person who first introduced H.R. 3401, Nita Lowey, Representative for New York's 17th congressional district. Democrat.

Screenshot_2019-07-02 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations (2).png

Note: Original text of proposed H.R. 3401 was 10 pages long.

Terry Sampson

On June 25, 2019, House changes to H.R. 3401 were incorporated into the Bill, and a vote was taken. For details on who voted for and against the Bill, and who abstained, see: H.R. 3401: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Humanitarian Assistance and Security ... -- House Vote #414 -- Jun 25, 2019

Screenshot_2019-07-02 H R 3401 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations.png

OMG!!! 195 Congresspersons voted for the Bill IN THE HOUSE: 191 Republicans and 4 Democrats. Abstentions: 4 Democrats and 4 Republicans. 227 Democrats and 3 Republicans voted for it.

So who the heck were the 4 Democrats who voted against the Bill in the House?
Who were the 3 Republicans who voted for the Bill in the House?

Now, personally, I'm intrigued: Why did the four Democrats vote against the Bill in the House, on the 25th of June?

I'll proceed to research that matter to satisfy my curiosity. However, I'd like to point out that the Bill actually passed in the House with 230 votes. I'm sure the 3 Republican votes were appreciated but I don't think they were crucial. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Terry Sampson

Its still 10 pages isn't it? Is that the point?

At the time that I posted my comment, it was NOT the point. That was merely something that I noted to myself publicly. If I really wanted to make a point, I suppose, I'd drag my audience through a word-by-word consideration of H.R. 3401 as it was initially proposed and as it stood when it finally passed through both the H.R. and the Senate, and was signed by Trump.

Terry Sampson

On the 26th of July, 2019, INHO, a minor miracle took place: Mitch McConnell put H.R. 3401 to a vote in the Senate. Results: The Bill failed miserably.

Screenshot_2019-07-02 H R 3401 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations (2).png

Officially, the Bill was dead. Why? Because the four Democrats in the House of Representatives (including the little girl from New York [AOC] didn't like it? LOL! No. Her vote against the Bill was irrelevant. Time for advocates of the initial Bill to find a new dog to throw rocks at.

So what happened next?

Terry Sampson

Enough with the cliffhangers...tell us why!

Can't ... yet. That's on my "To-research" list, which is not a priority ... yet. Note Purpose #2, in my OP, to wit:
  • To bore as many people as I can and confirm my personal theory regarding "truth in the media" which is that humans like it brief and simple, the briefer and simpler, the more it's liked; although there are a lot of folks who don't like any at all because it just confuses them.

Terry Sampson

After H.R. 3401's defeat in the Senate--as its Text was when first brought to a Senate vote--the Bill was changed and retained its designation and title. At 3:09 p.m. on the 26th, the Senate voted on the revised Bill. Senate vote: 84 for and 8 against. The Senate version of the Bill was then sent back to the House.

Screenshot_2019-07-02 Details for H R 3401 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations.png

Terry Sampson

On June 27th, 2019, at 5:17 p.m. ET. The House of Representatives voted on the Senate version of H.R. 3401. The vote? 305 in favor; 102 oppose; and 25 no votes.

Screenshot_2019-07-02 H R 3401 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations (3).png

Look at that! 102 votes against the Senate-revised version of H.R. 3401. 95 Democrats and 7 Republicans.

Gee, ... go figure: 7 Republican Congresspersons rejected a Senate-revised version of H.R.3401. Oh wait, ... that's trivia, isn't it? After all, we're only interested in "how the bartender and her homies ... voted ... on the bill to throw more billions to care for illegal aliens," right?

Hmmm, let's see: So, does AOC have 94 Democrat and 7 Republican homies? I don't think so. And even if she did (which she doesn't) did those 102 votes prevent House of Representatives' concurrence with the Senate-revised version of H.R. 3401? I don't think so. So, what's the beef against the sweet little girl :rolleyes: (and her homies) who annoy so many?

Could it be: "the hypocrisy of certain democrat politicians who whine about the care these immigrants get, but wanted a poison pill in the legislation to finance more aid, so it wouldn´t pass."

Oh, darn those certain democrat politicians who whine about U.S. treatment of immigrants and sabotage any steps the righteous try to take in showing mercy or doing justice!!!

LOL!!! Newsflash! Democrats don't have a monopoly on whining. We've got a President who whines everyday. Democrats don't have a monopoly on hypocrisy! We've got a President who is the incarnation of hypocrisy. Saboteurs of mercy and justice abound. Now what/