• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from Montana

T. Owen Goodwin

I'm excited to join this community. I serve as a spiritual humanist chaplain in the beautiful state of Montana. I'm here to engage in thoughtful discussions about faith, spirituality, and our shared human journey wherever that may take us. Looking forward to connecting with you all.

Blessings and peace to one and all,
T. Owen Goodwin

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm excited to join this community. I serve as a spiritual humanist chaplain in the beautiful state of Montana. I'm here to engage in thoughtful discussions about faith, spirituality, and our shared human journey wherever that may take us. Looking forward to connecting with you all.

Blessings and peace to one and all,
T. Owen Goodwin
Welcome. Albeit "spiritual humanist" does come across as a wee bit spurious.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome. I hope you make friends and enjoy your time here.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Hello, and welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum.

iu

T. Owen Goodwin

Welcome. Albeit "spiritual humanist" does come across as a wee bit spurious.
Spurious according to the dictionary means not being what it purports to be; false or fake. That is insulting. I will thank you to not criticize or demean my religious' practices. I would never do so to you. For your information I will give you our tenets. They are as follows:

Respect for All Religions and Beliefs: We wholeheartedly embrace and celebrate the rich tapestry of religious beliefs and practices found throughout the world. Within the tapestry of humanity, each thread represents a unique spiritual journey, and we honor the right of individuals to explore, practice, and follow their own paths of belief. Our community is a sanctuary where the diversity of religious perspectives is respected and cherished.

Unwavering Human Dignity: We ardently affirm the inherent worth and dignity of every individual, irrespective of their religious or spiritual convictions. This conviction runs deep in our hearts, guiding our actions and interactions with empathy, compassion, and respect. Every person, regardless of their faith or creed, is deserving of kindness, love, and consideration.

Living Ethically and Compassionately: We are resolutely committed to living ethically, guided by enduring principles of kindness, justice, personal responsibility, and empathy. These principles are the bedrock of human morality and are found at the heart of countless religious and philosophical traditions. They form the cornerstone of our interactions with one another and with the world at large.

Promoting Interfaith Harmony: We actively foster an atmosphere of interfaith harmony and dialogue, where the unity of the human spirit takes precedence over differences in belief. Our mission is to seek common ground and shared values among diverse religious and spiritual traditions, all while celebrating the unique contributions each makes to the collective tapestry of human spirituality.

Embracing Spirituality: We deeply recognize the value of spirituality as a profound source of wonder, interconnectedness, and reverence for life. We encourage individuals to embark on their own spiritual quests, finding meaning and purpose in their unique spiritual journeys.

Upholding Secular Principles: We staunchly uphold the separation of church and state, advocating for the primacy of evidence-based reasoning in guiding our community's decisions and broader societal matters. While we respect and acknowledge the multitude of religious perspectives, we firmly believe in the importance of governance that is inclusive of all faiths and beliefs.

Nurturing Personal Growth: We passionately encourage personal growth and self-improvement through a range of practices, such as meditation, mindfulness, and lifelong learning. We acknowledge that individuals may draw inspiration from their religious traditions as they cultivate their inner selves and strive for personal development.

Guardians of the Environment: Our commitment to environmental stewardship transcends religious boundaries. We are unwavering in our dedication to preserving and protecting the Earth for future generations, recognizing the interconnectedness of all life and the responsibility we bear as its stewards.

Champions of Social Justice: We actively stand as champions of social justice, human rights, equality, and peace, recognizing that these are shared aspirations of many religious traditions. We work tirelessly to create a more just and equitable world where all individuals can thrive.

Awe and Wonder in the Universe: Our hearts are filled with awe and wonder as we contemplate the vastness of the cosmos and the intricacies of the natural world. We eagerly embrace the pursuit of knowledge through science and exploration, respecting and valuing the diverse religious perspectives on the origins and mysteries of existence.

Building Inclusive Community: We treasure the power of community as a wellspring of support, dialogue, and collaboration. Our community is open and inclusive, providing a safe space where individuals from all religious backgrounds can come together, learn from one another, and engage in meaningful discussions, events, and service projects that promote the common good.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Spurious according to the dictionary means not being what it purports to be; false or fake. That is insulting. I will thank you to not criticize or demean my religious' practices. I would never do so to you. For your information I will give you our tenets. They are as follows:

Respect for All Religions and Beliefs: We wholeheartedly embrace and celebrate the rich tapestry of religious beliefs and practices found throughout the world. Within the tapestry of humanity, each thread represents a unique spiritual journey, and we honor the right of individuals to explore, practice, and follow their own paths of belief. Our community is a sanctuary where the diversity of religious perspectives is respected and cherished.

Unwavering Human Dignity: We ardently affirm the inherent worth and dignity of every individual, irrespective of their religious or spiritual convictions. This conviction runs deep in our hearts, guiding our actions and interactions with empathy, compassion, and respect. Every person, regardless of their faith or creed, is deserving of kindness, love, and consideration.

Living Ethically and Compassionately: We are resolutely committed to living ethically, guided by enduring principles of kindness, justice, personal responsibility, and empathy. These principles are the bedrock of human morality and are found at the heart of countless religious and philosophical traditions. They form the cornerstone of our interactions with one another and with the world at large.

Promoting Interfaith Harmony: We actively foster an atmosphere of interfaith harmony and dialogue, where the unity of the human spirit takes precedence over differences in belief. Our mission is to seek common ground and shared values among diverse religious and spiritual traditions, all while celebrating the unique contributions each makes to the collective tapestry of human spirituality.

Embracing Spirituality: We deeply recognize the value of spirituality as a profound source of wonder, interconnectedness, and reverence for life. We encourage individuals to embark on their own spiritual quests, finding meaning and purpose in their unique spiritual journeys.

Upholding Secular Principles: We staunchly uphold the separation of church and state, advocating for the primacy of evidence-based reasoning in guiding our community's decisions and broader societal matters. While we respect and acknowledge the multitude of religious perspectives, we firmly believe in the importance of governance that is inclusive of all faiths and beliefs.

Nurturing Personal Growth: We passionately encourage personal growth and self-improvement through a range of practices, such as meditation, mindfulness, and lifelong learning. We acknowledge that individuals may draw inspiration from their religious traditions as they cultivate their inner selves and strive for personal development.

Guardians of the Environment: Our commitment to environmental stewardship transcends religious boundaries. We are unwavering in our dedication to preserving and protecting the Earth for future generations, recognizing the interconnectedness of all life and the responsibility we bear as its stewards.

Champions of Social Justice: We actively stand as champions of social justice, human rights, equality, and peace, recognizing that these are shared aspirations of many religious traditions. We work tirelessly to create a more just and equitable world where all individuals can thrive.

Awe and Wonder in the Universe: Our hearts are filled with awe and wonder as we contemplate the vastness of the cosmos and the intricacies of the natural world. We eagerly embrace the pursuit of knowledge through science and exploration, respecting and valuing the diverse religious perspectives on the origins and mysteries of existence.

Building Inclusive Community: We treasure the power of community as a wellspring of support, dialogue, and collaboration. Our community is open and inclusive, providing a safe space where individuals from all religious backgrounds can come together, learn from one another, and engage in meaningful discussions, events, and service projects that promote the common good.
Well I'll leave that with the debate forum should you decide to do so.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy yourself.

Whateverist

Welcome to you. I suspect we'd share a lot of opinions and values although the only -ism I subscribe to in this realm is agnosticism. However I am interested in the philosophic and psychological dimensions of religious belief and find much to admire.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
So you're from Big Sky Country, eh.
Revoltistan is Small Sky Country.
It's covered in trees that limit the view.

Now, join us for an even snack in the staff cafeteria.
OIP.mmkRwgKxgAitPz7IKrDHCQHaEW