• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greedy Europeans

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The Aztecs conquered, enslaved, and practiced human sacrifice on tribes that were less advanced.

That is what humans do. They conquer and prey on the weak. At least it has been seen throughout history. We seem to be more civilized and humane overall this century.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
If we didn't conquer, someone would have conquered us. Just the way the world works. So we may as well have just conquered them all, just to be on the safe side.

#British

;)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Dissing the British is so politically correct. People know they can get away with it.

I've often wondered what America would be like if the British won the revolutionary war

Jumi

So I was educated in very politically correct environments where I heard every terrible thing that Europeans did from spreading diseases, colonizing and enslaving people, starting all of the major Wars, the Holocaust, Europeans conquered 84% of the globe, trampled other cultures, treated indigenous people like they aren't human Etc
Well my European coutnry never participated in any of that.

Does anyone dare say something positive Europeans have done for the world? Please do say. Thanks
Science, health care, philosophy...

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
So I was educated in very politically correct environments where I heard every terrible thing that Europeans did from spreading diseases, colonizing and enslaving people, starting all of the major Wars, the Holocaust, Europeans conquered 84% of the globe, trampled other cultures, treated indigenous people like they aren't human Etc

Does anyone dare say something positive Europeans have done for the world? Please do say. Thanks
European-Union_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif
Invented practically every concept that laid the foundation for modern western thought, philosophy, politics, art and industry?

LionLooking

I've often wondered what America would be like if the British won the revolutionary war
Well, it would have abolished slavery much sooner than it did,
It would have a health service, free for all to use,
It would have joined in both World Wars much sooner than it did,
Citizens would get 5 weeks paid holiday every year,
Guns (and so, gun crime) would be very, very rare.....

Aldrnari

You may find it of interest that before settlers came to the Pacific northwest, the northern tribes (the Haida, Tlingit, etc) would come down (from what is now Canada) and raid, rape, pillage, and take slaves among the tribes south of them. The northern tribes had superior ships, weapons, armor, and training.

After the settlers came (bringing the US military with them), many of the local natives came to work at their lumber mills. Ultimately, though, those northern tribes gathered their forces for another raid. When they tried, they met the navy, which drove them back, and a tradition of raiding and killing ended right then and there.

No group of people have a spotless history, but no one is also guilty of their father's crimes. All we can truly worry about is the impact we, ourselves, leave on those around us, imo. The past is the past. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

These atrocities were (mostly) in times past, America carried out atrocities on a similar/greater scale. Genocide of up to 18 million (80 to 90%) native Americans killed (including spreading desease. The only country to use nuclear weapons on civilian populations.

Ok, now Europe (EU). The freedom for any european to travel between any other European county, live and work, or retire

Freedom of trade between European countries.

Coherent policing between European countries

ECHR

Europe in general

Roads, plumbing/sanitation, printing, telephone, radio, www, jet engine etc, etc.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Europeans make good beer.