• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greedy Europeans

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So I was educated in very politically correct environments where I heard every terrible thing that Europeans did from spreading diseases, colonizing and enslaving people, starting all of the major Wars, the Holocaust, Europeans conquered 84% of the globe, trampled other cultures, treated indigenous people like they aren't human Etc

Does anyone dare say something positive Europeans have done for the world? Please do say. Thanks
European-Union_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I personally wish I was a Native American these days so I could get free government money, free healthcare, free college

Plus Native American culture and spirituality differs depending on the tribe but it's awesome. I want to be a shaman

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've been reading a bit about what the Nation of Islam and black Israelites teach about white people being an evil race. I'm wondering if their statements have some Merit. Please prove otherwise.

A black Israelite told me I don't get to go to heaven. I'm not one of God's chosen people. My heaven is supposed to be here on Earth.

That sucks if it's true :(

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't know if things are like that in America, but a lot of people think things are like that in Canada, and they are predominately untrue.

Predominantly untrue in America, too, from what I hear.

LionLooking

So I was educated in very politically correct environments where I heard every terrible thing that Europeans did from spreading diseases, colonizing and enslaving people, starting all of the major Wars, the Holocaust, Europeans conquered 84% of the globe, trampled other cultures, treated indigenous people like they aren't human Etc

Does anyone dare say something positive Europeans have done for the world? Please do say. Thanks
I'm a European and I had nothing to do with any of the atrocities you mention.
Everyone I know is European and they are also blameless.
It always worries me when a race gets singled out for blame - we should look for commonalities rather than divisions.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

So very often it's the state and those directly running it who are screwing things up, while the people themselves are a mixed bag. Sure, some Saudi princes have very close ties to Islamic extremists groups and they fund and support them, but yet there are many Saudis who are nice, decent, pleasant people. Trump is a big walking turd, but yet he did get fewer votes than his opponent, and tons of people in American aren't going to look at the Klan and say "they are good people." It's no different for Europe and Europeans.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
[
Europeans are no better nor no worse than other groups. Human nature is the same everywhere.
The amount of land conquered is quite unique to Europeans. 84% of the Globe is quite an enormous amount of lands conquered, rights trampled upon, and wars of aggression

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
[

The amount of land conquered is quite unique to Europeans. 84% of the Globe is quite an enormous amount of lands conquered, rights trampled upon, and wars of aggression

Who's to say other groups would not have done the same thing had they been in the same position as the Europeans in 1500 AD?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Who's to say other groups would not have done the same thing had they been in the same position as the Europeans in 1500 AD?
You worded that post correctly. I can't argue with that.

Some of the indigenous tribes were killing and enslaving their neighbor before Europeans ever arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenrist

Yes the Europeans navigated the seas and took over alot of indigenous places and wiped out their people but if anyone else had the no how of navigation and war tactics that the European people had at the time, they would have done the same

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I can see why some of those who were conquered and enslaved hate our guts.

But charity , wisdom, and noble minds come in all colors.

So does hatred and bigotry and the lust for power.

Humanity is sick.

Where are you mr. God?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
The Europeans have been the leading culture in the world for the last millennia. And today the are the leader in progressive advancement of human society. At the time of nation wealth building, they led the world. In the modern time of cultural advancement they have been the progressive intellectual force for the world. Asia, Africa gain when following European descendant's progressive modern culture.

I do not think living at a pre-industrial level of culture is any advancement myself.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The Europeans have been the leading culture in the world for the last millennia. And today the are the leader in progressive advancement of human society. At the time of nation wealth building, they led the world. In the modern time of cultural advancement they have been the progressive intellectual force for the world. Asia, Africa gain when following European descendant's progressive modern culture.

I do not think living at a pre-industrial level of culture is any advancement myself.
I feel better now :)

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The Native Americans by and large were racist, bigoted, misogynistic, tribalists and a perfect example of how massive uncontrolled immigration can destroy cultures.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The Native Americans by and large were racist, bigoted, misogynistic, tribalists and a perfect example of how massive uncontrolled immigration can destroy cultures.
I admire you for being so blunt and honest about how you feel.

I've lived in the ghettos, the homeless shelters, the mental institutions, the jails.... Ive seen the hell that so many minorities live. I wonder who's to blame.

I spent 6 months in a trashy Ghetto in Buffalo New York. I wonder who is to blame. It was filthy, trash everywhere, homelessness, full of crime, prostitution, drugs, gang activity, and murder.

I wonder if they were all given the equal opportunities and wealth, would they still choose to live like that. The people were living in a state of learned helplessness, fear, desperation, and hopelessness

I've been taught to despise what my ancestors did to the world. I've been taught that we are to blame.

I was just hoping somebody would say something good about what Europeans have done.