• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

grammar

chuck010342

Grammar is my weakness I need help.I wrote something will somebody tear it up for me and edit it? with a big red pen. I want to know all the stupid mistakes I made when I wrote this. Can anybody do that here?

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Grammar is my weakness I need help.I wrote something will somebody tear it up for me and edit it? with a big red pen. I want to know all the stupid mistakes I made when I wrote this. Can anybody do that here?
It would be better if you got a book from the library about grammar. Heck, you could probably "Google" rules of English grammar. Then again, you will also have to check into rules of English grampar.

This may well be a good place to start >>> English Rules | Grammar Rules | Punctuation and Capitalization Rules

chuck010342

English is my first language I majored in History and Theology. I did not major in English. so I need an English expert to help me thank you

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
yeah i know but I prefer a person tell me i'm wrong and tell me what I did wrong.

Well you have come to the right place , most people here will be happy to tell you your wrong.....;) And can't wait to tell you what you did wrong.....

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
If you're serious, I was an English major in college and graduated with honors. I'm qualified and willing, but is that really what you want?

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist

Most of your mistakes are with punctuation. If you just want someone to tell you what you did wrong, you'll never learn. If you want to improve your writing skills, then you will get a book on English grammar, read it, and do the writing exercises in it.

Here is one way to fix the errors in your passage:

Grammar is my weakness. I need help. I wrote something. Will somebody tear it up for me and edit it--with a big red pen? I want to know all the stupid mistakes I made when I wrote this. Can anybody do that here?

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
LOl, I know where your coming from. My best friends first language was spanish and she speaks better english them me.:p
Oh and put it on top of things I am president of my literacy club:p
I am more in it for the Litature then the grammer.

MissAlice

Sadly english is my first language and I too have trouble with the art of grammar. I realize now it is due to a pragmatic language impairment and very common among autistics like myself.

So I don't think I can help you in that area...:sorry1:

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
Grammer is nothing to fret over, it is just something silly some want to make sound important, but it me it seems like a waste of time and life:D
Now if I knew it well that may be a diffrent story....lol.
The basics are good, but who cares about all the details?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Grammer is nothing to fret over, it is just something silly some want to make sound important, but it me it seems like a waste of time and life
Now if I knew it well that may be a diffrent story....lol.
The basics are good, but who cares about all the details?
*sigh*

I agree that "grammer" is nothing to fret over, but I feel that it is important to learn grammar and spelling.

A problem resulting from lack of appreciation for both disciplines is that one has the tendency to come across as a dribbling buffoon. It shouldn't be about trying to be smart, but rather, it should be about not wishing to sound like one is mentally challenged. It is a simple, but important, difference.

Last edited:

MissAlice

*sigh*

I agree that "grammer" is nothing to fret over, but I feel that it is important to learn grammar and spelling.

A problem resulting from lack of appreciation for both disciplines is that one has the tendency to come across as a dribbling buffoon. It shouldn't be about trying to be smart, but rather, it should be about not wishing to sound like one is mentally challenged. It is a simple, but important, difference.

But some of us are mentally challenged...:(

Dunemeister

Hopefully you do not count "oughta" as being correct usage of the English language. :thud: Presumably, one ought to know better.

Gimme a break. :D Presumably representing idiomatic speech in a written form isn't problematic except in formal contexts.