• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Governor DeSantis Signs Law Against Squatters

Kfox

This means little when any needs they have are easily fulfilled by the partial sale of enormous assets in my view.
Just because they have access to all they need doesn't mean they are hoarding to the point that other's can't have what they need.
So you are using a semantic definition of little to misinform.
No; you made the claim that the rich are hogging up the limited amount of money to the point that there is little left for everyone else. I'm making the point that they don't have most of the money
Why would it be with only one of them? Both add to my inability to pay of a house in my lifetime by myself.
How? How does Gates starting Microsoft, or Musk starting Tesla or others prevent you from owning a house?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Land use is restricted by more than just the
physical area....which is decreasing due to
misbehaving oceans.
- Zoning.
- Building codes.
- Species protection.
- Deed restrictions.
- Suitability for human use.
- Off limits (eg, parks).
Wetlands is causing a stir here in my neck of the woods....

esmith

Veteran Member
I don't know what country you talking about, but in the USA there is not an issue of not enough land for more homes to be built. If you disagree, I challenge you to point to an article, or outside source that proves we are actually running out of land to build.
The problem is that farm land is being turned into home lots. A few states have looked at the problem and attempting to rectify the problem.
In addition homes are being built in areas that are supsceptable to natural problems like fires, and flooding.

Kfox

The problem is that farm land is being turned into home lots.
Why is that a problem? Especially when you consider; depending on the crops often after a number of years the nutrients in the soil gets used up and is no longer good for farming. So why not use such land for housing?
A few states have looked at the problem and attempting to rectify the problem.
In addition homes are being built in areas that are supsceptable to natural problems like fires, and flooding.
Then build somewhere else! I'm saying the reason many can't afford to buy a house has nothing to do with this idea that we are running out of room to build houses.

Audie

Veteran Member
Just because they have access to all they need doesn't mean they are hoarding to the point that other's can't have what they need.

No; you made the claim that the rich are hogging up the limited amount of money to the point that there is little left for everyone else. I'm making the point that they don't have most of the money

How? How does Gates starting Microsoft, or Musk starting Tesla or others prevent you from owning a house?
So few have the economic sophistication
to understand that a national economy is not a zero sum game.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Why is that a problem? Especially when you consider; depending on the crops often after a number of years the nutrients in the soil gets used up and is no longer good for farming. So why not use such land for housing?
That is why you rotate crops, or sometimes allow a field to lie fallow for a season or two. The soil does not get "used up" permanently. Unless you poison it with industrialization.

Kfox

That is why you rotate crops, or sometimes allow a field to lie fallow for a season or two. The soil does not get "used up" permanently. Unless you poison it with industrialization.
That's a different conversation. My point is homes are not expensive because land has become scarce.

Laniakea

Not of this world
The problem is that farm land is being turned into home lots. A few states have looked at the problem and attempting to rectify the problem.

Even worse, some of the best farm land in the country is being converted into solar farms. Solar panels are made with toxic materials that seep into the soil and contaminate it, guaranteeing that the land won't be suitable for growing crops again anytime soon.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
You only need logic.
My logic informs me that you have no evidence of your claims.

So I looked it up.

Last edited:

Laniakea

Not of this world
My logic informs me that you have no evidence of your claims.

So I looked it up.

Oh, how logical it is to go to a solar dealer's website to find out how great solar is.
I've got some great data about how great oil and gas is too. Hope you don't mind Shell, Conoco, Exxon and Chevron propaganda.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Oh, how logical it is to go to a solar dealer's website to find out how great solar is.
I've got some great data about how great oil and gas is too. Hope you don't mind Shell, Conoco, Exxon and Chevron propaganda.
If you have evidence to the contrary ....

But obviously you don't.

Laniakea

Not of this world
If you have evidence to the contrary ....

But obviously you don't.
Then the solar industry propaganda is good enough for you? Good to know.
Otherwise, read the 2nd page of this link: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/Library/OR-1695.pdf

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Otherwise, read the 2nd page of this link: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/Library/OR-1695.pdf
That link seems to be one page. And that one page is not relevant to this discussion. Do you want to try again?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You must have linked the wrong link.
The one you linked says absolutely nothing about solar panels contaminating the soil.

NOt to mention the fact that you completely ignore the Michigan State University source you try to brush off as "solar industry propaganda".