• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got any inspirational or deinspirational quotes?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.

And what would humans be without love?"
Rare

Terry Pratchett

Good selections. If I can humbly add a couple of faves (albeit for different reasons);

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

It seems sensible to me that we should look to the medical profession, that over the centuries has helped us to live longer and healthier lives, to help us die peacefully among our loved ones in our own home without a long stay in God's waiting room.

What is normal? Normal was yesterday. If you lose a leg, one day you're hopping around on one leg, so you know the difference.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have one kind of in between. It's:

"Go outside and observe married couples. Many of them have average looking people in them. Several times you'll see it where both people are average looking.

So next time you say you're single because of your looks..... well. It isn't your looks."
"Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life". Tom Lehrer.

Erebus

d2e5960ab64272a72419ad7b0ee0c27e.jpg

Bx6jFWwCEAAQUEb.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It never stops moving but our entire life is lived in the present. ... However the present is just as important as the past or the future, for without it the past was for nothing and the future will never arrive. Our present will someday soon be our past and the present will decide how the future will turn out.

The past gives us courage and it protects us. ... We do not live in the past, nor do we live in the future, but the present is the most fleeting of all. However the present is just as important as the past or the future, for without it the past was for nothing, and the future will never arrive.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Good selections. If I can humbly add a couple of faves (albeit for different reasons);

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

It seems sensible to me that we should look to the medical profession, that over the centuries has helped us to live longer and healthier lives, to help us die peacefully among our loved ones in our own home without a long stay in God's waiting room.

What is normal? Normal was yesterday. If you lose a leg, one day you're hopping around on one leg, so you know the difference.

I had chosen a few of those (the first 3( but considered the post was getting too long, and like busses, i knew there would be another Pratchett fan along soon.